Real Science Friday: Atheist Pasta Dogma Denies Dogma

Status
Not open for further replies.

fool

Hall of Fame
So;
What's wrong with the FSM?
It's a God, any God is better than no God?
Yes? No?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So;What's wrong with the FSM?It's a God, any God is better than no God?Yes? No?

I'd rather know the truth. If there are no gods at all, I'd want to know. FSM has zero chance of being true.

Tyrathca

Granite seems a little upset that we are mocking their parody. :chuckle:
The jokes made in the radio show and by some posters on this thread only make sense/are humourous if it is assumed that the tenents of the CotFSM are serious statements. They're not ergo the jokes on them.

alwight

I'd rather know the truth. If there are no gods at all, I'd want to know. FSM has zero chance of being true.
A literal FSM yes perhaps zero chance, but beyond the parody it still represents a god, an allegory, a placeholder for any god that the mind of man can dream up.

My holy Pasta Mill, which has pride of place in a small shrine in my home, has never produced any noodles at all, but I turn its holy handle five times a day to symbolically represent that there probably really is nothing there.;)

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The jokes made in the radio show and by some posters on this thread only make sense/are humourous if it is assumed that the tenents of the CotFSM are serious statements. They're not ergo the jokes on them.
:rotfl:

Contradictory but honest.
:AMR:

How do you know it is absolutely 0? Or are you just rounding off after several decimal points?
Feel free to present your case. :idunno:

A literal FSM yes perhaps zero chance, but beyond the parody it still represents a god, an allegory, a placeholder for any god that the mind of man can dream up.
Luckily I believe in the one true God. :)

Tyrathca

"I'd rather know the truth." and then saying if the truth is something you'd dislike (i.e. no god) you "don't want to know (the truth)".

Do you see where it looks contradictory yet?

Feel free to present your case. :idunno:
Well I assume you think it is 0 and not a probability extremely low which you then round off to 0. Given that it is you who is claiming an absolute therefore it should be you making your case, just as if I said there was 0% chance of your god I would be requested to do the same.
Luckily I believe in the one true God. :)
And if you are wrong and there is no god/s then you'd rather not know the truth... I understand.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"I'd rather know the truth." and then saying if the truth is something you'd dislike (i.e. no god) you "don't want to know (the truth)". Do you see where it looks contradictory yet?
:chuckle: I see where your version is contradictory.

Well I assume you think it is 0 and not a probability extremely low which you then round off to 0.
I'm not given to entertaining such absurd quibbles. The FSM monster does not exist. You can round off all you like. I just call that "equivocation".

Given that it is you who is claiming an absolute therefore it should be you making your case, just as if I said there was 0% chance of your god I would be requested to do the same.And if you are wrong and there is no god/s then you'd rather not know the truth... I understand.
I'm happy that my assertion is 100% airtight with zero chance of ever being shown false. If you have nothing further to say then we can let it go, or if you disagree and think there is a chance that it is real then feel free to present your case. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.