Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Atheist Pasta Dogma Denies Dogma

This is the show from Friday July 15th, 2011.

SUMMARY:

s-PASTA-DRIVING-large.jpg

* Public School Biology Teachers Resist Darwinism: Real Science Friday co-hosts Fred Williams and Bob Enyart discuss Ken Ham's current Answers magazine. But their first two stories are from even more current stories:
- Universal Atheistic Contradiction: with a pasta strainer on his head, a Austrian atheist Niko Alm affirms the self-refuting claim of many non-Christians that "the only dogma... is the rejection of dogma."
- Bob's Starbucks Encounter: an old-earther tells Bob that the word for day "yom" in Genesis doesn't matter because the Hebrew language changed 500 years before Christ, to which Bob replied, "Did Carbon 14 change?" The conversation then proceeded well!
- 60% of U.S. Public School Biology Teachers: do not endorse Darwinism!
- Christian Colleges: Parents Beware! Many Christian colleges are undermining their students' trust in God's Word.
- Sharks GPS: Fred is an engineer at a GPS applications firm and this ability in sharks is a testimony to God's genius and a challenge to the atheist's noodle.
- Instincts: How do instincts, in babies, spiders, birds, kangaroo rats and sea turtles refute Darwinism?

Today’s Resource: Getting a science DVD, debate, or book from us will help with our BEL telethon! Have you browsed through our Science Department in the KGOV Store? Check out especially Walt Brown’s In the Beginning and Bob’s interviews with this great scientist in Walt Brown Week! You’ll also love Dr. Guillermo Gonzalez’ Privileged Planet(clip), and Illustra Media’sUnlocking the Mystery of Life(clip)! You can consider our BELScience Pack; Bob Enyart’sAge of the Earth Debate; Bob's debate about Junk DNA with famous evolutionist Dr. Eugenie Scott; and the superb kids' radio programming,Jonathan Park: The Adventure Begins! And Bob strongly recommends that you subscribe to CMI’s tremendousCreation magazine and Ken Ham's Answers magazine! Or to order call BEL at 1-800-8Enyart.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists love to say that "Yom" can mean "Age" or "Eretz" can mean "Land". But why do they ignore the fact that they can also mean "one 24 hour day" and "the whole Earth"?

Tyrathca

Wow. A guy pulls a stunt like this and people actually take him seriously?
According to the wording of the law they had to take him seriously I think, they seemed to make some put in some significant bureaucratic road blocks but they guy was darn persistent and didn't give up like most would. So in the end they had to give it to him.

I like that they try and say that the CotFSM's tenet that "the only dogma is that there is no dogma" shows that atheism is self-refuting. Completely missing that this is a tongue in cheek, which is surprising since they earlier were aware that the FSM is something used to make fun of religions. Not the brightest guys it seems. They also mistakenly think it's been used for decades when it's actually only been in use for about 6 years, originally created in a letter to the Kansas education board about them trying to teach intelligent design which then went went viral.

WizardofOz

Evolutionists love to say that "Yom" can mean "Age" or "Eretz" can mean "Land". But why do they ignore the fact that they can also mean "one 24 hour day" and "the whole Earth"?

Emphasis mine. As long as creationists are willing to concede that the translations are open to interpretation......:cheers:

That they can mean these things, that's all I've ever argued.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That they can mean these things, that's all I've ever argued.

Who are you? :idunno:

Can you read other words as well? You do realise that when one reads, one should not spend any significant amount of time considering the meaning of a single word. One should simply read the idea that is conveyed. That will typically lock in place one and only one possible meaning. :thumb:

griffinsavard

I just wish Christians would get some balls and pull the money from public schools. Why let a few atheists determine what the children should learn?
We got the power and we should use it....

Money talks, especially with Government. The churches should convert into schools [there are enough buildings] and we should teach our own children. We could even teach evolution to make fun of it the whole time. Compare it with the reasonable theory of intelligent design.

WizardofOz

Who are you? :idunno:

Can you read other words as well? You do realise that when one reads, one should not spend any significant amount of time considering the meaning of a single word. One should simply read the idea that is conveyed. That will typically lock in place one and only one possible meaning. :thumb:

:sigh: Return your head to the sand, Stipe. If anyone is guilty of the above, it's you. The ideas are what is important, not a wooden, literal interpretation of the creation "time line".

when one reads, one should not spend any significant amount of time considering the meaning of a single word.

:doh: No contradiction there.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:sigh: Return your head to the sand, Stipe. If anyone is guilty of the above, it's you. The ideas are what is important, not a wooden, literal interpretation of the creation "time line"
OK. Do us a favour and tell us the ideas conveyed by Genesis 1:6-8. :thumb:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is the Austrian no brainer wearing a strainer. Just dumb.

He wears a scootamaccadoon? Maybe he needs the strainer to keep his brains in?

Rejection of dogma? It sounds like dogma to me. It strains all logic.

Creation itself testifies against the veracity of this man's claims.

I was raised with science and math, not Theology. Theology is not my strong suit. As a matured I came to reject Old Earth.

Tyrathca

Rejection of dogma? It sounds like dogma to me. It strains all logic.
It's meant to. He's claiming to be a pastafarian, which is a joke religion where you "worship" the Flying Spaghetti monster who created the universe starting with mountains, trees and a midgit.

I was raised with science and math, not Theology. Theology is not my strong suit. As a matured I came to reject Old Earth.
apparently that maturity doesn't help you recognise a parody.

Granite

Hall of Fame
It. Is. A. Parody. It's satire. It's a publicity stunt. Are you guys so used to outrageous behavior from Christians that you're losing the ability to see the theatrical in other people?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite seems a little upset that we are mocking their parody. :chuckle:

:mock: Atheists.

Status
Not open for further replies.