Real Science Friday: 2011's List of Not So Old Things

some other dude

These threads always amuse me by their ability to so clearly demonstrate the pathological irrational hatred some posters here have of Bob. :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Jukia,

If Pastor Bob's understanding of science is tenuous, then you should be able to refute them rather easily. I have the debate. Would you like me to present one of his arguments for you to refute?

Tom

I doubt Bob needs you to run interference for him.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Johnny & Dr. Yates

Johnny & Dr. Yates

I learned my lesson with the manganese nodules several years ago. Just surprised he still has the nerve to bring it up.

Johnny, if I recall Jukia was a Yates Denier, and you were a Yates Doubter. As I added to the opening post of the Manganese Nodules thread (link there):

To discredit this report, the atheists and evolutionists posting in this thread have unreasonably doubted and even denied the existence of Dr. Yates (like they've done because of their bias and against all reasonable interpretation of the evidence with Pontius Pilate, King David, Jesus, Nineveh, the entire Assyrian empire, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc.). In the meantime, thanks to the ongoing work of Google Books, you can find online a chapter Yates wrote on Deep-Sea Polymetallic Sulphide Deposits in a 2002 text by academic publisher Routledge: Advances in the Science and Technology of Ocean Management.​

-Bob Enyart

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
I agree. These are not easy sciences to conquer. However I am willing to give this Mr. Enyart a chance and view some of his material. I don't have much of a head for science, to be honest, but I do find it interesting.
CiK: Welcome to the List of Not So Old Things! As Chris' friend did not understand, the purpose of this list is to demonstrate that many arguments employed as evidence of "millions of years" in reality each undermine that position. Things claimed to form slowly form rapidly; things that should no longer be here are. Etc.

Again, welcome!

-Bob Enyart
Real Science Friday

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Just a few obvious things:

1. The scablands have been known to have been formed by a catastrophic flood since the 1970s. The resistance of geologists to accepting it was the lack of any evidence as to the source of the water. Then, when it became clear that a large glacial lake had drained suddenly by the collapse of an ice dam, the mechanism was clear and the hypothesis was verified.

Not a lot different than Wegener's theory of continental drift, which was not generally accepted until a mechanism was found.

2. Evidence for erosion of missing layers from the Grand Canyon, and a lack of deposition during that time (the earth is constantly being build up or eroded) is not surprising to geologists. Few places on Earth have every layer of the geologic column. But even one instance invalidates the claim of mission layers.

Jukia

Johnny, if I recall Jukia was a Yates Denier, and you were a Yates Doubter. As I added to the opening post of the Manganese Nodules thread (link there):

To discredit this report, the atheists and evolutionists posting in this thread have unreasonably doubted and even denied the existence of Dr. Yates (like they've done because of their bias and against all reasonable interpretation of the evidence with Pontius Pilate, King David, Jesus, Nineveh, the entire Assyrian empire, Sodom and Gomorrah, etc.). In the meantime, thanks to the ongoing work of Google Books, you can find online a chapter Yates wrote on Deep-Sea Polymetallic Sulphide Deposits in a 2002 text by academic publisher Routledge: Advances in the Science and Technology of Ocean Management.​

-Bob Enyart

Actually I am not sure I ever denied the existence of Dr. Yates but I was unable to track him down so my concern was that he was perhaps not as conversant with the issue as we thought. The only references I can find to a book with that title was one published in 1992, not 2002. If you have access to the book please send me an e-mail with contact info for Dr. Yates and I will try to contact him to learn his position on whether or not ALL manganese nodules form quickly, because that has to be your position.

Jukia

Jukia,

If Pastor Bob's understanding of science is tenuous, then you should be able to refute them rather easily. I have the debate. Would you like me to present one of his arguments for you to refute?

Tom

I've already done that with the manganese nodules on beer can thread.

But Pastor Bob loves those Genesis glasses he peers through.