ECT RE: "The hand writing on the wall"

Cross Reference

RE: "The hand writing on the wall"

"And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN. This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it." Daniel 5:25-26 (KJV)

I wonder why God chose to speak to Belshazzar the king of babylon by writing a message in an unknown language that needed interpreting, knowing full well there was no one present that could?

Any takers? AMR, Lon?

Cross Reference

Ok. 15 hits and no takers.

How 'bout, in thinking about it, that it just might shed some light re the "Why" of Acts 2:4 in the way it all unfolded?

TweetyBird

Ok. 15 hits and no takers.

How 'bout, in thinking about it, that it just might shed some light re the "Why" of Acts 2:4 in the way it all unfolded?

Why the connection? Acts 2 is about the Holy Spirit giving utterance in tongues - about believers. Dan 5 refers to pagans and the downfall of their kingdom.

DAN P

"And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN. This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it." Daniel 5:25-26 (KJV)

I wonder why God chose to speak to Belshazzar the king of babylon by writing a message in an unknown language that needed interpreting, knowing full well there was no one present that could?

Any takers? AMR, Lon?

Hi and since no one responded !!

#1 , First , Belshazzar took God scared Gold and Sliver vessel !!

#2 , Belshazzar called for anyone of his Astrologers and Soothsayers to intrepert and they could not !!

#3 , Belshazzar did what Nebuchadnezzar as PRIDE was found in him and Dan 4:32 !!

#4 Since no one could intrepert the hand writing , it was a set up by God , for Daniel !!

#5, Then the next King , Darius , picked Daniel as Dan 6:6:2 Daniel was picked to be FIRST PRESIDENT !!

#6 Dan 4:32 is very TELLING !!

dan p

Cross Reference

It is all about God saying something in a language no one could understand. So why do you suppose He would do that and still does, for that matter?

DAN P

It is all about God saying something in a language no one could understand. So why do you suppose He would do that and still does, for that matter?

Hi , and I believe that GOLLOSIA or LANGUAGES come from God and in 1 Cor 14:2 it says For he that speaketh in an GOLLOSIA Bspeaketh not unto men !!

I left out the word UNKNOWN as it is NOT IN THE Greek text !!

dan p

TweetyBird

Hi , and I believe that GOLLOSIA or LANGUAGES come from God and in 1 Cor 14:2 it says For he that speaketh in an GOLLOSIA Bspeaketh not unto men !!

dan p

The disciples spoke in tongues, glossa.

1 Cor 14:2 is used by tongue talkers today to prove they can speak without interp. This is false. The rest of the chapter deals with this - that it is inappropriate to do so. Only interpretation of tongues edifies the body and if there is no interp, one must sit down and be quiet. One is not speaking in tongues in verse 2, if one is speaking to ones self and to God - one is only making noise that is spoken to the air which benefits the speaker and no one else, which is not a good thing.

TweetyBird

Hi , because he was concerned that no one replied , just like you replied , right ?

But he did not like my answer , as he did not answer my post , O WELL !!

dan p

You pointed out that I was responding. :duh: this is a forum, that is what people do here. So why did you respond if you felt this thread was not for you? He answered me, though .... :idea:

Danoh

dan p

Your ever harping against "supplied" words only consistently reveals your ignorance of how language translation is ever forced to have to work, when translated into a language where more than one word is needed when expressing a thing.

In 2 Tim. 2:15, for example, the ONE Greek word "orthotomeo" is translated into TWO English words "rightly" and "dividing."

Which one is "wrong"?

In Spanish, the word ONE word "faith" is ALWAYS translated in TWO words - "THE faith."

In Italian, the TWO words "I am" are translated in ONE word " Sonno.."

You do NOT know what you are talking about...

I know, I know; pointing this out right away "means" I am your enemy.

More of you and your kind's one sided "translation" of intended sense...

DAN P

Your ever harping against "supplied" words only consistently reveals your ignorance of how language translation is ever forced to have to work, when translated into a language where more than one word is needed when expressing a thing.

In 2 Tim. 2:15, for example, the ONE Greek word "orthotomeo" is translated into TWO English words "rightly" and "dividing."

Which one is "wrong"?

In Spanish, the word ONE word "faith" is ALWAYS translated in TWO words - "THE faith."

In Italian, the TWO words "I am" are translated in ONE word " Sonno.."

You do NOT know what you are talking about...

I know, I know; pointing this out right away "means" I am your enemy.

More of you and your kind's one sided "translation" of intended sense...

Hi and look at the Greek text , and that is why I am not KJV-ONLY , LIKE you and your favorite Pastor in Chicago !!

You will always be a GRASSHOPPER , right !!

dan p

Danoh

Hi and look at the Greek text , and that is why I am not KJV-ONLY , LIKE you and your favorite Pastor in Chicago !!

You will always be a GRASSHOPPER , right !!

dan p

Actually, my so called "favorite" Pastor-Teacher is NOT in Chicago.

One more of your reading into things :chuckle:

DAN P

Actually, my so called "favorite" Pastor-Teacher is NOT in Chicago.

One more of your reading into things :chuckle:

Hi and is that shows up in your posts ?

Ido not believe it is Robert C Brock !!

R C Brock is the ultimate as a teacter , with out a doubt !!

dan p