Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

WizardofOz

just joining the marines?

Because that is not a reasonable expectation, correct? Yet, it is still a possibility.

Being raped is always a possibility but is never a reasonable expectation.

and by encouraging women to act like drunken whores, you're removing that allowance?

well, i suppose so

if all women act like drunken whores, you've just made it way easier for the rapist to determine which women deserve to be raped

all of them

Doser. I never said a word about alcohol. :think:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Because that is not a reasonable expectation, correct? Yet, it is still a possibility.

i don't think isis is doing all that many beheadings at marine recruitment centers

Being raped is always a possibility but is never a reasonable expectation.

again, i will refer you to the advice you can get from many authorities on how to reduce the risk of being a rape victim

they recognize that situations exist in which being a rape victim is indeed a reasonable expectation

Doser. I never said a word about alcohol. :think:

nope, you didn't

but my point stands

WizardofOz

i don't think isis is doing all that many beheadings at marine recruitment centers

Just like rape, it's cause and effect. A marine gets deployed and get captured and then beheaded. He earned his beheading by choosing to join the marines.

Therefore, he chose to be beheaded

again, i will refer you to the advice you can get from many authorities on how to reduce the risk of being a rape victim

they recognize that situations exist in which being a rape victim is indeed a reasonable expectation

It becomes a more likely possibility not a reasonable expectation.

Are we splitting semantic hairs?

nope, you didn't

but my point stands

She's sober, line dancing in boots, jeans and a flannel. Doesn't the rapist determine if the rape is equitable to her provacative actions?

ok doser

Just like rape, it's cause and effect. A marine gets deployed...

you said "joined", not "deployed"

It becomes a more likely possibility not a reasonable expectation.

Are we splitting semantic hairs?

if a young attractive woman goes out to a rave, alone, takes drugs from a bunch of guys she's just met, drinks to excess and goes home with them...

yeah, it's a reasonable expectation that she's gonna be raped

that's why they tell young women not to do that stuff

WizardofOz

you said "joined", not "deployed"

Isn't deployment a reasonable expectation? ;)

if a young attractive woman goes out to a rave, alone, takes drugs from a bunch of guys she's just met, drinks to excess and goes home with them...

yeah, it's a reasonable expectation that she's gonna be raped

that's why they tell young women not to do that stuff

These behaviors increase the probability. It still doesn't mean the woman chose to be raped.

Joining the marines increases the chance of dying it still doesn't mean soldiers choose to die. Playing football increases the chance of suffering a concussion, it still doesn't mean players choose to get them.

ok doser

Isn't deployment a reasonable expectation? ;)

deployment, yes

These behaviors increase the probability.

they increase it to a likelihood

It still doesn't mean the woman chose to be raped.

it does if she knew it was likely

Playing football increases the chance of suffering a concussion, it still doesn't mean players choose to get them.

if you play football for a career knowing of the risks and do nothing to minimize those risks, then yes, you have chosen the consequences

WizardofOz

deployment, yes

they increase it to a likelihood

it does if she knew it was likely

if you play football for a career knowing of the risks and do nothing to minimize those risks, then yes, you have chosen the consequences

What can be done to minimize the risks? Regardless, no player has ever chosen to get a concussion, they choose to play football and concussion is a possibility that could occur just like knee injuries or bloody noses.

I'd wager a soldier in a combat zone is more likely to die than a drunk, drugged up provacatively dressed girl is to get raped at a rave. Yet, I wouldn't go so far to say a soldier who died chose to.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
What can be done to minimize the risks?

There's plenty a woman can do to help avoid rape, just like there's plenty a man can do to avoid assault.

But, women have this 'world is my glass palace' ideology and that the men need to make way for their security :rolleyes:

This is the going rate- whine and moan and complain; call everyone who is in opposition to them 'misogynists', and solve absolutely nothing. Women depend on rape to keep their victim complex alive and breathing, because it is the means in which they can continue to do as they do.

You don't see many conservative women doing as these women do because they are aware of reality and know that with emancipation came personal accountability. Again, there's too much 'best of both worlds' and not enough 'real world' with many of them.

ok doser

So you do believe that some husbands rape their wives and abuse them. Thanks for clearing that up.

always been clear on that

the thread in question was asking about scriptural support for the concept of "marital rape", which would apply to Christians

and it doesn't exist

in the secular world, it does

WizardofOz

i don't know

but i do know that there's a plethora of advice to young women wrt minimizing the risk of becoming a rape victim

And advice is given to people to minimize the risk of heart disease. It doesn't mean they chose it if they contract the disease.

ok doser

Really? Ever eat fast food? Is so, you have chosen heart disease

if i eat at mcdonald's six times a week knowing that it's a poor diet that greatly increases my risk for heart disease, then yes, i have chosen heart disease

truthjourney

always been clear on that

the thread in question was asking about scriptural support for the concept of "marital rape", which would apply to Christians

and it doesn't exist

in the secular world, it does
In the secular world husbands don't use the scriptures to justify marital rape. But some Christian husbands most certainly do use scriptures to justify marital rape and abuse of their wives.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Anybody who has been reading these threads know that there is a such thing unless they have severe reading comprehension.

They have this awesome scam going on. A guy in a Christian marriage can force himself on his wife without guilt, and if she fights him off, she's sinning. What a racket...