Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Every sadist in the world agrees with you. I bet you would love to be the one who gets paid to carry out the beatings, no?

Every sadist in the world dresses up their sadism as "deserved this", "punishment" and "justice".

That's not an argument against what I've said.

Consider:

Hitler was a vegetarian and loved animals. Therefore, there is something wrong with vegetarianism and loving animals.

I don't assert that it may be permissible to beat a woman (even to death) in some circumstances because I want to do this myself (I don't). I simply don't think that the negation of this proposition is tenable.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Cool story.

I've seen that women who emotionally abuse their husbands have some things in common which are protective rights, privileged court outcomes, beneficial programs, and a prospect to divorce. And it makes them all the more comfortable and secure with being horrible women.

But how often is that brought up in contrast to what you are dragging on about? Abuse of husband and family is legal for women, and men have to either be perfect, angelic like beings or lose everything.

That's the stranglehold on men, and for that reason, I frankly just don't care for you and other women's obsession with their problems being the prime subject of society- and these men defending their captors as well. It's gotten more than old, it's a mass of dead bones crawling by the wayside.

You seem to be anti-female for some odd reason? Are you
a male or a female?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
This is very true, and to be honest why I've avoided posting on the forum for awhile. I've lately had to deal with a man who is an abusive alcoholic. Now, it's not a family member, nor my husband, but a man I unfortunately have to spend a large amount of time around due to my job.

He has mentally abused me, verbally abused me, threatened to murder me, now I'm just waiting for him to hit me so I can go to the police and finally do something about it. Reading all this "women deserve such and such for whatever reason" is outrageous. Especially when the majority of the time the woman did NOTHING to even remotely "deserve" it. You know why this man thinks I deserve his abuse? Because I call his mother "mom" and because I do my laundry at his sisters apartment, and also one day I forgot to put my coffee mug in the sink. Yep, I am just a horrible person aren't I?

Here's the thing, the person perpetrating the violence (whomever they may be and whatever sex that happens to be) will always, ALWAYS have a reason why their actions are JUSTIFIED. Would anyone here suggest to me that I should continue living in fear of what this man may do next? I've actually been encouraged by some to provoke him to do violence against me because nothing can be done until he does. I've also talked many others out of "taking care" of my problem because it will just be worse for them than for this man.

So yes any time I see ANYTHING that is a blanket statement reguarding that anyone DESERVES violence against them without any knowledge of any details of any situation it irks me.

I'm sure that if some of the men here were to talk to the man I'm having problems with I would be sold as the spawn of satan himself, the worst woman in the world, in his mind deserving of all kinds of "punishment" or "retribution".

So, long story short this is a VERY touchy subject for me now, but I finally had to get it off my chest somewhere.

Sitamun:

I have no clue what your personal situation is. Chances are, I agree with you: you probably didn't deserve the treatment that you received at the hands of your husband. I further agree with what I bolded above in your posting. The vast majority of women probably don't deserve it in the least.

But you cannot reason from "most do not" to "none do."

Did you commit adultery, form an adulterous affair and move your lover into the household of your husband?

No?

Your husband simply thought you talked too much (or, at least, claimed that you talk too much, but really just used this as an excuse to take out his daily frustrations, anger and insecurities out on you)?

Then there's simply no comparison.

I simply say what Kant said, what St. Thomas Aquinas said, what Aristotle said, what Plato said, and what a host of others have said: acts of grave injustice merit punishment.

I repeat: what I said was not misogynistic. I simply did not speak in favor of spousal abuse. To say that I did speak in favor of spousal abuse is simply to beg the question in your favor.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Sitamun:

I have no clue what your personal situation is. Chances are, I agree with you: you probably didn't deserve the treatment that you received at the hands of your husband.

She clearly said at the beginning of her post that she wasn't talking about her husband.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
LOL, the bar of decency has sunk so low on TOL these days that it doesn't take much to overcome it.

Good point. And the reason the bar is so low is because of the priorities you mentioned a few posts earlier than this one. Nori made herself very clear. She doesn't want the guy who calls shooting victims "cowards" and says that rape is "a choice that women make" - or the guy who calls women "vicious animals" and feels persecuted because his words were quoted, who rationalized his lies about his identity - or the guy who finds racism "hilarious" and who justifies beating a wife in the face until she's dead - or the misogynist who sees nothing wrong with "debo-ing" to the floor a wife who has the audacity to make her husband feel insecure, and who thinks spousal rape is the fault of the wife for not supplying sex on demand - these... guys (can't call them men), these guys who represent the worst of male behavior - Nori doesn't want them to "worry." Now that they all feel safe in hiding behind their kind of woman (the kind who inexplicably give them a pass for their misogyny) the bar can only sink lower.

Having said that, I'm thankful for the good men here. I know who they are, and I respect them, and I'm glad they're here. They're voices of reason who shine a light into the blackness of TOL.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Should we constantly remind him it is incredibly inappropriate? Yes we should.

what anna and others are doing with trad is analagous to you telling your student, every day, "remember what you did yesterday, a week ago, five years ago? It was/is inappropriate."

i can't imagine that's the way you interacted with your students - it's not the way I was taught in my special ed training

Did this thread really go back to rape? :confused:

all threads eventually lead to rape :banana:

ClimateSanity

Good point. And the reason the bar is so low is because of the priorities you mentioned a few posts earlier than this one. Nori made herself very clear. She doesn't want the guy who calls shooting victims "cowards" and says that rape is "a choice that women make" - or the guy who calls women "vicious animals" and feels persecuted because his words were quoted, who rationalized his lies about his identity - or the guy who finds racism "hilarious" and who justifies beating a wife in the face until she's dead - or the misogynist who sees nothing wrong with "debo-ing" to the floor a wife who has the audacity to make her husband feel insecure, and who thinks spousal rape is the fault of the wife for not supplying sex on demand - these... guys (can't call them men), these guys who represent the worst of male behavior - Nori doesn't want them to "worry." Now that they all feel safe in hiding behind their kind of woman (the kind who inexplicably give them a pass for their misogyny) the bar can only sink lower.

Having said that, I'm thankful for the good men here. I know who they are, and I respect them, and I'm glad they're here. They're voices of reason who shine a light into the blackness of TOL.

You need to quit lying. I did not say women are vicious animals. I was referring to a group of people on this forum who where attacking me like vicious animals. I think they happened to be all or mostly women but it is irrelevant about their gender. It is you and your kind that always make an issue about your gender. It was the very accusation against me that I was attacking women that made me make a distinction. I was making a separation between real women and elsewise. You guys do it all the time. When males do not toe the line and agree with your philosophy or say the right things about women, then, we are said not to be real men. You know this is the spirit with which I made the name. You would have no problem calling men whose ideas are spurious to you as.psychopaths. in fact, you feel quite smug and superior in doing so, so don't get on your high horse when I do the same. Now, I expect an apology from you for lying about me.

ok doser

Good point. And the reason the bar is so low is because of the priorities you mentioned a few posts earlier than this one. Nori made herself very clear. She doesn't want the guy who calls shooting victims "cowards"

misrepresentation
and says that rape is "a choice that women make"

misrepresentation

- or the guy who calls women "vicious animals"

misrepresentation

what caused you to turn into such a dishonest piece of trash, anna?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You need to quit lying. I did not say women are vicious animals. I was referring to a group of people on this forum who where attacking me like vicious animals. I think they happened to be all or mostly women but it is irrelevant about their gender.

:chuckle:

It is you and your kind that always make an issue about your gender. It was the very accusation against me that I was attacking women that made me make a distinction. I was making a separation between real women and elsewise. You guys do it all the time. When males do not toe the line and agree with your philosophy or say the right things about women, then, we are said not to be real men. You know this is the spirit with which I made the name. You would have no problem calling men whose ideas are spurious to you as.psychopaths. in fact, you feel quite smug and superior in doing so, so don't get on your high horse when I do the same.

:yawn:

Now, I expect an apology from you for lying about me.

Not a chance. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
misrepresentation

misrepresentation

misrepresentation

It's hard to see yourself, isn't it? I understand that, and understand that's why you have to project onto others. Still... you're boring. Go toddle off somewhere, sod. I have better things to do.

ok doser

called on her dishonesty, anna furiously attempts a feeble deflection:
It's hard to see yourself, isn't it? I understand that, and understand that's why you have to project onto others. Still... you're boring. Go toddle off somewhere, sod. I have better things to do.

doser chuckles:
I expected no less :chuckle:

bybee

he said (and you quoted): "I was making a separation between real women and elsewise."

looking for another ban, troll?

How excited and euphoric you become over the possibility of harm occurring to others.
You are a very sick individual. I would not call you man because you are so far removed from that awesome title.

ClimateSanity

misrepresentation

misrepresentation

misrepresentation

She is very dishonest. When I have time, i will address the other Misrepresentations and out right lies about me in that post I last responded to.

Here is what's crazy: neither you , nor cruc, nor trad, nor GD, nor genuine ever starts out trashing any of these people (Anna demands you notice their gender),. You guys make claims about society and morals and laws and traditions in general that are quite unacceptable to many people . They take it as a personal attack for some reason and then proceed to behave in the most horrible fashion possible (animals).

Being deliberately dishonest in order to cause harm to other people is orders of magnitude worse than any supposed sickness residing in people for having the temerity to bring up ideas for society even if the seem abhorrent.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How excited and euphoric you become over the possibility of harm occurring to others.
You are a very sick individual. I would not call you man because you are so far removed from that awesome title.

He knows CS was talking about women while pretending he wasn't talking about women - sod's just salivating over the thought of another day spent in the library churning crap like that. He probably cackles to himself while he's doing it.