Racism, Bigotry and Misogyny at TOL

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You sound like a defense lawyer for a rapist in a courtroom grilling the victim on the witness stand.
He's trying his best to find a reason to blame me for rapists raping me in a lame attempt to justify his lunacy.

Pray for his troubled soul.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
That's never been the way TOL works, but ironically your desire for a safe place is echoed by women on this forum.

I thought I was a past poster :chuckle:

ClimateSanity, Glorydaz and Ok Doser do that. You can see Glorydaz and ClimateSanity doing that just yesterday in my thread on Lust in the ECT forum. Why don't you correct them if you object to such behavior?

I'm not in the business of correcting people except those who impose on me.

I agree with you, but that's exactly what you see happening on my Lust thread in the ECT forum. Who started that crusade? Glorydaz. Who joined in? ClimateSanity. They are clearly provocateurs, and people react to them. Blaming the people for reacting to them when you remain silent about what they are doing makes you look hypocritical.

I think that it's become so expected that they will be crusaded on that they simply decide to be proactive. The best defense is a good offense :idunno:

From my experience, the whole storm started by a certain troupe- I didn't go calling out people and acting ridiculous.

PureX

OK doser understands it. I do. Glorydaz understands it. Who are the dimwits you had in mind.?
Saying that you understand it doesn't mean that you understand it. Especially when you just willfully ignore it, automatically and regardless of reason, anyway. (The "you" here is generic.)

When the ignoramus says he understands, for example, that owning a gun will make those in his household statistically 20 times more likely to be killed or injured by gunfire. Then he buys the gun, anyway, brings it home, and tells himself that he's doing it to protect himself and his family.

This is what an ignoramus is: absurdly ignorant. It isn't that he can't understand. It's that he just won't.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
He's trying his best to find a reason to blame me for rapists raping me in a lame attempt to justify his lunacy.

if you knew there was a high degree of risk and if you chose to ignore that risk and behave in a way that you knew would likely have negative consequences

if that's the case, then the rapists are fully to blame for their actions

and you are fully to blame for your contributory actions

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I don't agree it is ever justified to force sex with a spouse or anyone else. I wanted to know if you thought you knew the answer before I said it. I'm trying to gauge whether you think I'm a monster or not. I hide under new names to keep out from under a ban. I said some pretty disagreeable things two years ago and I'm not talking about argument. Those things might sway your opinion.

No, i meant what i said - as long as you don't exhibit some of the behaviors you did then, i have no issue with you being here, and do not seek you to be removed. I knew who you were before i left for the last almost 2 months and never said a word about it. Wouldn't have either unless you started to express some of the things that you did before.

Unfortunately though, stalking behavior and hiding under other names, looks bad and makes others believe it is so that kind of thing can continue, and also unfortunately for you, like the discussion goes, whether or not its fair now, you have earned some disdain from others for your past actions.

In other words reaping some negative consequences for what you chose to do yourself. Thats going to happen from some people like it or not.

I base my opinion on whats said, not who says it, i agree with some of what crucible says sometimes too, not all of it, and it doesnt mean i agree across the board.

Its not either or for me, its content and discussion.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Saying that you understand it doesn't mean that you understand it. Especially when you just willfully ignore it, automatically and regardless of reason, anyway. (The "you" here is generic.)

When the ignoramus says he understands, for example, that owning a gun will make those in his household 20 times more likely to be killed or injured by gunfire. Then he buys the gun, anyway, brings it home, and tells himself that he's doing it to protect himself and his family.

This is what an ignoramus is: absurdly ignorant. It isn't that he can't understand. It's that he just won't.

Which is what you are doing now, they have expressed outright numerous times that the perpetrator of a crime, is not justified, and they have went further and called for their execution, you are the one guilty of "wont" understand, perfectly clear english that was stated point blank.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
A lot of examples have been given where a person is irresponsible and hurt themselves. There is no other fault in those situations but the individual.

However if a woman is attacked, the attacker is at 100% fault, regardless of what behavior the women exhibited prior.

In the legal sense, but there's a road to absolutely nowhere, and at the beginning of it is a sign that reads "Griping about things that cannot be changed" on it.

I never got too much into the whos-at-fault discussions because it doesn't solve anything. There's only one thing that can be done, and if women aren't willing to do it than don't call upon men to fix the impossible, or put them under some kind of stigma in which they have to be consistently worried about something that nothing else can be done for.

Agreed. Can you offer any examples of women being treated like children?

Sure. This entire discussion is about whether we should treat women as adults or children. You may not see it that way, but it's the truth as far as I'm concerned.
We don't live in a safe world, and no amount of modernization changes any of that. There was a time when women acknowledged this, but now there's some sort of ridiculous idea that we can change what has been with mankind since we were in mud huts.

Do you disagree that women need more protection in general than men?

It's not on men to protect women in general society. Of course, being that men are most naturally the sentinels of society, women are included. But in no way does a female need to have extra protection- what they need is extra awareness of reality- this should be a fundamental responsibility of emancipated women.

ok doser

Which is what you are doing now, they have expressed outright numerous times that the perpetrator of a crime, is not justified, and they have went further and called for their execution, you are the one guilty of "wont" understand, perfectly clear english that was stated point blank.

purex is as devoid of reason as they get, angel

he spins out of whole cloth that which he imagines to be true, or that which should be true

and no amount of evidence will sway him

just ask lon :chuckle:

ClimateSanity

Thank you

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
According to okdoser (and others), I share the blame of my being raped simply because there was a risk of me being raped involved.

Well, that would go for EVERY victim, with no exceptions. By his standards, daring to breathe puts a person at risk for being a victim.

It's lunacy!!!

That it is ...

ok doser

Well, that would go for EVERY victim, with no exceptions. By his standards, daring to breathe puts a person at risk for being a victim.

That it is ...

it's also a willful misrepresentation of my position

aka a lie

tam, caught in a lie again

I just love this place! :darwinsm:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, i meant what i said - as long as you don't exhibit some of the behaviors you did then, i have no issue with you being here, and do not seek you to be removed. I knew who you were before i left for the last almost 2 months and never said a word about it. Wouldn't have either unless you started to express some of the things that you did before.

Unfortunately though, stalking behavior and hiding under other names, looks bad and makes others believe it is so that kind of thing can continue, and also unfortunately for you, like the discussion goes, whether or not its fair now, you have earned some disdain from others for your past actions.

In other words reaping some negative consequences for what you chose to do yourself. Thats going to happen from some people like it or not.

I base my opinion on whats said, not who says it, i agree with some of what crucible says sometimes too, not all of it, and it doesnt mean i agree across the board.

Its not either or for me, its content and discussion.
BINGO!

Some of the very same people that I strongly disagree with on the rape victim blaming, I strongly agree with on other issues.
And some of the very same people that I strongly agree with on the rape victim blaming, I strongly disagree with on other issues.

There is no club that I'm a member of that makes me agree and defend what is said simply because of who said it.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
it's also a willful misrepresentation of my position

yep, and thats the reason i left for a while, i was sick of seeing so many people willfully misrepresenting the position of others, and at no time did i ever see you express that any rapist is ever justified in what they did.

PureX

Then apparently they are really bad at math, because although they claim the perpetrator of the rape is 100% responsible for the rape, they also want to claim that the woman is also 50% responsible (or more) because she did not anticipate that there may be a rapist about, looking to take advantage of her carelessness.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Then apparently they are really bad at math, because although they claim the perpetrator of the rape is 100% responsible, they also want to claim that the woman is also 50% responsible (or more) because she did not anticipate that there may be a rapist about, looking to take advantage of her carelessness.

They aren't bad at math, you are bad at logic and or reading comprehension or a horrible liar.

They stated the woman bears a consequence of her choices, not that she shares responsibility for the crime.

Are you retarded?

ok doser

Then apparently they are really bad at math, because although they claim the perpetrator of the rape is 100% responsible for the rape, they also want to claim that the woman is also 50% responsible (or more) because she did not anticipate that there may be a rapist about, looking to take advantage of her carelessness.

you leave your car door open and your engine running while you run into 711 for a donut

careless, right?

a thief comes along and steals your car - what are you now?

carless, right?

the thief is guilty of grand theft auto, same as if he'd jimmied the lock and hotwired your car

his crime - the crime of stealing your car - is 100% on him

you are guilty - not of car theft ('cause that would be really really dumb)

you are guilty of being a careless, carless fool