Question for Bob Enyart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin (Wiccan)

Greetings, Mr. Enyart,

My name is Justin. As you can see by my username, I am a Wiccan. You and I have not interacted on this forum before--though I have read some of your posts with great interest. I have also read the web-accessable excerpt of your novel, Day One, and as may be understandable, it has led to some questions.

I'm quite well aware of the Mosaic prohibition against idolatry and witchcraft, and thus shall not beat around the bush. My question to you is as follows: assuming, of course, that I decline to leave my faith, would your plans for a Biblical monarchy in America lead to my execution, my exile, or is there another alternative?

Thank you.

Justin

Last edited:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Justin, Bob has answered that question here.

As late as the 1990s, while I urged the return to the Bible's death penalty commands, I forgot to rightly divide the Mosaic Law. I should have excluded ordinances that were applicable only to God's national covenant with Israel. Christ replaced the Jewish priesthood, and many of the Jewish laws have also changed. "For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law" (Hebrews 7:12). This principle has been an important part of my teachings for 20 years, but I am ashamed that I overlooked it regarding the death penalty (2 Tim. 2:15). I forgot that only in Israel did God outlaw other religions, so for example, their government had authority to prosecute cursings and witchcraft. But since the law changed, God's national covenant with Israel is no longer enforceable. Today's governments should implement the criminal code that is embedded within the Mosaic Law, which God based upon four of the Ten Commandments, prohibiting murder, theft, sexual immorality, and perjury, including the death penalty where appropriate.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Flipper said:
I note that he's still willing to justify murdering practicing gays, lesbians and bisexuals.
You know, whining only makes it easier to find you.

Justin (Wiccan)

OK, so let me ask this (for Mr. Enyart, or anyone familiar with his works).

Is Enyart promoting the Mosaic Law because it is "ordained" for Christian culture, or because it is superior to other legal systems?

Justin

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
OK, so let me ask this (for Mr. Enyart, or anyone familiar with his works).

Is Enyart promoting the Mosaic Law because it is "ordained" for Christian culture, or because it is superior to other legal systems?

Justin
Bob Enyart doesn't promote the Mosaic Law.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Justin (Wiccan) said:
A specific subset thereof then.

Or if there's a different phrasing that you'd prefer...?
Bob teaches that God has given us a complete criminal justice system which is contained within God's word.

This of course is not to be confused with the Mosaic law which was given to Israel and is a covenant between God and His people.

Justin (Wiccan)

Knight said:
Bob teaches that God has given us a complete criminal justice system which is contained within God's word.

This of course is not to be confused with the Mosaic law which was given to Israel and is a covenant between God and His people.

Knight, seeng that the Pentateuch criminal justice system was part of the Mosaic Law, what Biblical justification is there for trying to tease the one from the other? Especially in the light of Gal 3:10: "Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them."?

The Mosaic Law was not a set of ritual law and criminal justice--both were part and parcel of The Law. The Israelites were required to confirm all the words of the law, lest they be cursed (Deut 27:26).

Justin

PS: Of course, this is not to say that Christians should go out and use their liberty to do things that were contrary to Christian ethics--this was also covered by Paul, in Romans 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.