ECT Q for those who DO believe in OSAS

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Then a minister friend's wife asked me the question: do you believe that Jesus died for the sins of the world? I of course said I did and dutifully trotted out Jn. 3:16.

Died for sin, to pay the price for Adam's transgression is the important part. And it isn't in John, anywhere. He is the messiah, the savior. That is John. But that doesn't mean the messiah is going to have wrath poured out on him. The distinction is important.

Many think they will get salvation with a good relationship with Jesus. This isn't true. The relationship cannot happen until after salvation.

revpete

Died for sin, to pay the price for Adam's transgression is the important part. And it isn't in John, anywhere. He is the messiah, the savior. That is John. But that doesn't mean the messiah is going to have wrath poured out on him. The distinction is important.

Many think they will get salvation with a good relationship with Jesus. This isn't true. The relationship cannot happen until after salvation.

Yes but the relationship we have cannot happen without salvation.

Your point is well taken. However, the word wrath may not be used but surely Jesus did take the punishment for our sins, to deny this would be to deny substitutionary atonement.

Pete 👤