Purposeful Obedience to God is The Issue.

Jenkins

"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments." (1 John 5:3)

Dutiful compliance to literally obey God's Commands is the reality of righteousness. Simply "Doing Our Best," "Trying," "Being Excited!", "Sharing Our Hearts!", and "Knowing The Truth of the Bible" is not obedience.

Modern Christendom, which does contain some Real Christians, has been polluted and corrupted by sentimental nonsense being paraded as Doctrine and Morality. Much of that nonsense relates to estrogen driven feelings about what "Seems Nice." The word "nice" does not occur in Scripture.

Right Divider

Body part
"For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments." (1 John 5:3)
Who is the "WE" in that statement?
Dutiful compliance to literally obey God's Commands is the reality of righteousness. Simply "Doing Our Best," "Trying," "Being Excited!", "Sharing Our Hearts!", and "Knowing The Truth of the Bible" is not obedience.

Modern Christendom, which does contain some Real Christians, has been polluted and corrupted by sentimental nonsense being paraded as Doctrine and Morality. Much of that nonsense relates to estrogen driven feelings about what "Seems Nice." The word "nice" does not occur in Scripture.
Do you "keep all of the commandments"?

Bradley D

Who is the "WE" in that statement?

Do you "keep all of the commandments"?
I would say that "WE" are believers/Christians. I believe in the 10 Commandments and the 2 Great Commandments. I work at abiding in them. My biggest problem is my heart and its evil imaginations which I must put aside with the help of the Holy Spirit. Paul told us that the commandments also points out what is sin. Therefore, if a thought of covet comes to mind. I know it is a sin. I push it aside and ask the Father to deliver me from evil as is written in the Lord's prayer.

Right Divider

Body part
I would say that "WE" are believers/Christians.
That's an interpretation that ignores many things. Don't forget that John, Peter and the others of the twelve, separated themselves from the gentiles per their agreement with Paul. Gal 2
I believe in the 10 Commandments and the 2 Great Commandments.
Do you practice the 4th commandment?
I work at abiding in them.
Even the 4th commandment.
My biggest problem is my heart and its evil imaginations which I must put aside with the help of the Holy Spirit. Paul told us that the commandments also points out what is sin. Therefore, if a thought of covet comes to mind. I know it is a sin. I push it aside and ask the Father to deliver me from evil as is written in the Lord's prayer.
The so-called "Lord's prayer" teaches conditional forgiveness.

Matt 6:14-15 (AKJV/PCE)
(6:14) For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: (6:15) But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

WE Christians (in the body of Christ) are NOT forgiven by God in this manner. You should join us.

Also note that Jesus taught THEM this prayer while He was a minister of the circumcision (He said that He came ONLY to the lost sheep of the HOUSE OF ISRAEL, Matt 15:24).

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Where do the myths come from? Interpretations of the Word?
Yes, and by ignoring key verses/passages; like the one where Jesus says that He came only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Or the one where Paul says that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision;
Or the one where Paul says that we are no longer to know Jesus after the flesh (i.e., when He was a minister of the circumcision, come only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel).

The list goes on and on.

Hoping

Banned
I didn't say that you did.

The problem is that you believe a lot of myths that corrupt your understanding the Word.

That fine, but will not help you break free from the myths of Churchianity.
Personally, I don't consider obedience to God to be either mythical or born of corrupt understandings.
I find it is a way to manifest my love for both God and my fellow residents of earth.

Hoping

Banned
Yes, and by ignoring key verses/passages; like the one where Jesus says that He came only for the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Or the one where Paul says that Jesus was a minister of the circumcision;
Or the one where Paul says that we are no longer to know Jesus after the flesh
It is interesting that you turned an observation by Paul into a commandment.
Paul said..."Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more." (2 Cor 5:16)
The next verse explains why we know no man, or Christ, after the flesh..."Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.' (2 Cor 5:17)
We, as new creatures, are no longer "in" the flesh.
(i.e., when He was a minister of the circumcision, come only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel).
The list goes on and on.
We don't have to obey Jesus, but we do have to "obey" Paul?

Jenkins

Personally, I don't consider obedience to God to be either mythical or born of corrupt understandings.
I find it is a way to manifest my love for both God and my fellow residents of earth.
Give 5 things within which you have "manifested your Love for God and Fellow Residents" in the last week. Let's see if you are accurately representing yourself.

Hoping

Banned
Give 5 things within which you have "manifested your Love for God and Fellow Residents" in the last week. Let's see if you are accurately representing yourself.
I think others will only see boasting, so lets go PMing for a while.
"Call" me.

Jenkins

I think others will only see boasting, so lets go PMing for a while.
"Call" me.
So you do not agree with Jesus' Command in Matt. 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works."

Looks like your priorities need to become compliant.

Right Divider

Body part
So you do not agree with Jesus' Command in Matt. 5:16, "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works."

Looks like your priorities need to become compliant.
Jesus was speaking specifically to them as Israelite's. They were to lead the world (i.e., gentiles) by example.

Jenkins

I would say that "WE" are believers/Christians. I believe in the 10 Commandments and the 2 Great Commandments. I work at abiding in them. My biggest problem is my heart and its evil imaginations which I must put aside with the help of the Holy Spirit. Paul told us that the commandments also points out what is sin. Therefore, if a thought of covet comes to mind. I know it is a sin. I push it aside and ask the Father to deliver me from evil as is written in the Lord's prayer.
Just curious here, are you within your study efforts able to mark actual progress?

I read and study the best I can, having all the opportunity, time, freedom, and resources imaginable. Yet, I still come up rather blank on most of Scripture after a couple of years. I am constantly praying, and according to David Ps.62:8 "Pour out my heart constantly."