Public Invitation to ThePhy for a One on One against Enyart

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhy

From docrob57:
Perhaps I will draw my son, the Christian physicist (okay, physicist in training, he is only a Junior right now). into the discussion. Maybe The Phy would feel more comfortable debating him, if they disagree on this matter, which I don't know enough about the question to anticipate whether they would or not.
Docrob57, may I ask sincerely that you bring your son into this? If he is enrolled in a college physics curriculum, and has reached the level of a Junior, then he has plenty of knowledge to understand and evaluate the arguments I am putting forth. I would be grateful for an opinion from a qualified Christian (other than those that are in my circle of friends). I would only ask that in those places where he disagrees, that he supply the specific scientific reasons he is relying on. If he can show me scientifically my errors, I will gladly “confess them” (ohh that sounds awfully churchy for someone of my beliefs).

But in fairness, consider what happens if he examines what I have said and finds I have been faithful to the physics involved. If your son concurs with my ideas, will you let Bob Enyart here know that as well?

docrob57

ThePhy said:
From docrob57:Docrob57, may I ask sincerely that you bring your son into this? If he is enrolled in a college physics curriculum, and has reached the level of a Junior, then he has plenty of knowledge to understand and evaluate the arguments I am putting forth. I would be grateful for an opinion from a qualified Christian (other than those that are in my circle of friends). I would only ask that in those places where he disagrees, that he supply the specific scientific reasons he is relying on. If he can show me scientifically my errors, I will gladly “confess them” (ohh that sounds awfully churchy for someone of my beliefs).

But in fairness, consider what happens if he examines what I have said and finds I have been faithful to the physics involved. If your son concurs with my ideas, will you let Bob Enyart here know that as well?

I talked to him about it and will if he has time. But what if he agrees with you? What fun woould that be? :)

Jukia

docrob57 said:
I talked to him about it and will if he has time. But what if he agrees with you? What fun woould that be? :)
I think it would be a lot of fun if he did agree with The Phy.

ThePhy

docrob57 said:
Now that I have stuck my nose in, what would be a good thread for him to look at.
Doc, I recommend that you point your son to the 11th post in this thread where I link to a number of the relevant threads. Let your son browse them briefly, and if he sees anything there that catches his eye, then let him pick it up and run with it

docrob57

ThePhy said:
Doc, I recommend that you point your son to the 11th post in this thread where I link to a number of the relevant threads. Let your son browse them briefly, and if he sees anything there that catches his eye, then let him pick it up and run with it

Okay, thanks. I can deal with epistemology, philosophy of science and stuff like that, but sadly I don't know much physics (yet!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.