Psalm 72 - The Coming New World Order Soon to be Established on Earth

Apple7

Greetings again Apple7, I am not afraid of it, but I have never learnt Greek except for a few introductory classes that I attended. As far as Hebrew is concerned I have learnt the alphabet and practice it occasionally. My education after school was in Electrical Engineering and my work as an Electrical Draftsman in a Power Station. I was good at Maths and Physics but poor in English and similar subjects.

As a EE, I would expect you to be more detail oriented.

Even with your explanation of the Greek here in Revelation 5:9-10, I am not altogether sure of what you deduct from this as I believe that the faithful will rule with Christ for the 1000 years after Jesus returns from heaven and raises the dead and this is still future.

You are mixing your kingdoms & your timelines.

The return of Jesus and the establishment of the Kingdom was future in Paul’s time:
2 Timothy 4:1,6–8 (KJV): 1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the living and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. 7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Your quote mentions God's (Jesus') Kingdom.

Not the one that we partake in, on this earth, for the '1k' period of time.

See above. The first resurrection has not occurred yet. Out of the 10 different views on the Kingdom, yours is unique, and this is the first time that I have encountered this. Study up.

We are in The First Resurrection right now.

The first heaven and earth will be superseded by the new. This is figurative language to indicate the change of government when Christ comes Daniel 2:44, when the Kingdom of God will replace the kingdoms of men.

No, trev.

God NEVER uses His own private creation verb, 'bara', for something that is 'figurative'.....rather, it is LITERAL in ALL Biblical usages.

Period.

Keep dreaming...

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
As a EE, I would expect you to be more detail oriented.
I am certainly finding it hard to follow your detail.
You are mixing your kingdoms & your timelines. Your quote mentions God's (Jesus') Kingdom. Not the one that we partake in, on this earth, for the '1k' period of time. We are in The First Resurrection right now.
I have already quoted 2 Timothy 4:1,6-8 to show that the return of Jesus and the establishment of the Kingdom was future to Paul’s time, and I believe that the return of Jesus is the time when the dead are raised, and this will be the first resurrection. But you seem to indicate that the first resurrection has already occurred. You have adopted the teaching of Hymenaeus and Philetus:
2 Timothy 2:15–18 (KJV): 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness. 17 And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; 18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.
No, trev. God NEVER uses His own private creation verb, 'bara', for something that is 'figurative'.....rather, it is LITERAL in ALL Biblical usages. Period. Keep dreaming...
Again this is an area where I find it difficult to understand your detail. I cannot yet grasp your overall view, and where the various bits of detail (as you understand them) fit is very confusing, even to an EE, though in Australia the EEs were my supervisors. I was classified as technical staff. We were less educated. My detail was mainly Circuit Diagrams and how they worked and Wiring Diagrams and these do not help in a Biblical discussion. In my meeting I am the librarian and also record the meetings on mp3 and distribute them together with any slides used. This may not help either in a discussion, but I have a large personal library and I am interested in books and some of these help if I am careful.

Looking at some more detail concerning the future Kingdom of God, I have already mentioned that the four successive Empires depicted by the metals of the image in Daniel 2 were Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome, and this was followed by feet of part iron and part clay. This represented the breakup of the Roman Empire, but it still maintained essentially the same area as the Roman Empire. Daniel 7 depicts these four Empires as four beasts and the latter development of the fourth beast by ten horns. The prophecy then concentrates on the development of the Papacy, and how Christ will oppose and overcome the Papacy at his return. This is yet future.

There is no problem identifying the second Empire as the Medo-Persian Empire, because the actual historical events are mentioned in Daniel 5 and in Daniel 5:30-31 we have a record of the overtrow of Belshazzar by Darius.

Daniel 8 provides the detail concerning the next Empire, where it dramatically depicts the overthrow of the Persian Ram by the Grecian He-Goat. Daniel was interested in how long this subjugation of Judah and Jerusalem would continue by Alexander the Great and his successors. The answer is given in the following:
Daniel 8:13–14 (KJV): 13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? 14 And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.
Alexander overthrew the Persians in BC334-333 and taking 2300 years from this date we arrive at AD 1967 when the Jews retook Jerusalem. Jesus alludes to this prophecy in Luke 21:24. This is a clear indication that steps are being taken towards the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel Acts 1:6, and the return of Jesus Acts 1:11 will soon occur and the Kingdom of God upon the earth will soon be established.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Greetings genuineoriginal, I appreciate your response and definition. I can agree that Psalm 72:8 may only be referring to the land of Israel, not the earth. This would fit in with the fact that the Psalm has the framework of the reign of Solomon. We need to look at other passages to establish the fact that when Jesus returns he will also subjugate the nations surrounding Israel, and in fact will reign over the whole world or earth. A few examples are Isaiah 2:1-4 where the nations go up to Jerusalem to be taught God’s ways, Daniel 2:35, 44 which teaches that the Kingdom of God will replace the kingdoms of men and that it will fill the earth, Micah 4:6-7,8 KJV where Israel is called the first dominion inferring that there are others, and Zechariah 14:9,16 that speaks of the nations coming up to Jerusalem to worship.

Kind regards
Trevor
At the sounding of the seventh trumpet in Revelation, the kingdom is finally given to Jesus to rule. This happens after the events of the seven seals (the exile of the children of Israel) and the first six trumpets. The time between the seventh trumpet in Revelation and the battle at Har Megiddo is taken up by the seven bowls of God's wrath against the nations for their abuses against the children of Israel during the exile. Zechariah 14:12-15 begins with the battle at Har Meggido in Revelation 19:17-21. The kingdom of Jesus that reins over the nations for 1 thousand years begins with that battle to subjugate the nations.

Apple7

I have already quoted 2 Timothy 4:1,6-8 to show that the return of Jesus and the establishment of the Kingdom was future to Paul’s time, and I believe that the return of Jesus is the time when the dead are raised, and this will be the first resurrection. But you seem to indicate that the first resurrection has already occurred.

The 1K earthly reign is NOT Heaven, trev.

Scripture clearly informs the reader that we are in the 1K reign, right now, because Jesus Bound Satan.

This period of time is also referred to as The First Resurrection.

Apple7

Numbers should add up because of Math.

1,000 years does not equal 1,260 days, even when you take into account that 1 day is like 1,000 years with God.

No scripture tells you to 'add up' in the first place, silly...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

TrevorL

Greetings again genuineoriginal and Apple7,
At the sounding of the seventh trumpet in Revelation, the kingdom is finally given to Jesus to rule. This happens after the events of the seven seals (the exile of the children of Israel) and the first six trumpets. The time between the seventh trumpet in Revelation and the battle at Har Megiddo is taken up by the seven bowls of God's wrath against the nations for their abuses against the children of Israel during the exile. Zechariah 14:12-15 begins with the battle at Har Meggido in Revelation 19:17-21. The kingdom of Jesus that reins over the nations for 1 thousand years begins with that battle to subjugate the nations.
You have a different perspective of the events depicted in the Apocalypse. My understanding is that the Seals are from AD96 -312, the demise of the Pagan Roman Empire. The Trumpets are from AD312 to the French Revolution. The Vials are from the French Revolution to the coming of Christ in the 6th Vial Revelation 16:15. Armageddon is also in the 6th Vial Revelation 16:16. We are now in the period of the 6th Vial. We have the same subdivision between the Roman East which was military as in Daniel 8-11, and Roman West which was religious Daniel 7. The military is overthrown first and the Kingdom of God in Jerusalem is established, after this judgements then come upon the Papacy as they do not submit to the rule of Christ Revelation 17:12-14. I imagine that you subscribe to some form of Futurist view of the Book of Revelation, while I subscribe to the Continuous Historical view.
The 1K earthly reign is NOT Heaven, trev. Scripture clearly informs the reader that we are in the 1K reign, right now, because Jesus Bound Satan. This period of time is also referred to as The First Resurrection.
Your response has added nothing in the way to help me understand your overall view and detail. Rather your statements seem to have contradictions and obscurities.

One thing I learnt from my drafting was the need of an overall view, the power station single line diagram showing all the major electrical connections and the need for accurate control drawings, such as the turbine monitoring and tripping drawing. Both of these were insufficient as supplied by the design and construction team and all the detail needed to be brought together for an overall view on one drawing each.

Jesus overcame sin in himself, both the cause of sin as he was human nature not a God and the effects of sin, in his suffering, crucifixion, death and resurrection. In this sense Satan was bound, but Satan is not bound fully in the faithful, nor in the world as a whole. Thus Satan will not be bound until the return of Jesus Acts 1:11, 2 Timothy 4:1 when he will raise Paul and the faithful, those that love his appearing 2 Timothy 4:8. This will be the first resurrection.

Kind regards
Trevor

Apple7

Jesus overcame sin in himself, both the cause of sin as he was human nature not a God and the effects of sin, in his suffering, crucifixion, death and resurrection. In this sense Satan was bound, but Satan is not bound fully in the faithful, nor in the world as a whole. Thus Satan will not be bound until the return of Jesus Acts 1:11, 2 Timothy 4:1 when he will raise Paul and the faithful, those that love his appearing 2 Timothy 4:8. This will be the first resurrection.

Kind regards
Trevor

Your examples don't even mention Satan, nor The First Resurrection, Trev.

Back to drafting class for you...

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
Your examples don't even mention Satan, nor The First Resurrection, Trev. Back to drafting class for you...
It is not my intention to attempt to follow your obscure reasoning and ideas, especially when you do not give a clear explanation of your unique perspective.

In a recent post I mentioned Daniel 8 which dramatically depicts the overthrow of the Persian Ram by the Grecian He-Goat. Then I considered Daniel 8:13-14 and suggested that the 2300 days represents the period from BC334-333 to AD 1967 when the Jews retook Jerusalem.

Daniel 8 ends with the following:
Daniel 8:23–25 (KJV): 23 And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up. 24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people. 25 And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.
If what we have stated that Daniel 7 depicts the Western portion of the Roman Empire, a religious power, that is the Papacy, and Daniel 8 depicts the Eastern portion of the Roman Empire, a military power, then the last part above depicts the King of the North of Ezekiel 38.

Daniel 8:25 is also expanded in the following:
Daniel 11:40–45 (KJV): 40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships; and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over. 41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon. 42 He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape. 43 But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and of silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps. 44 But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many. 45 And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
I personally believe that the King of the North is Russia, and Ezekiel 38 depicts the King of the North heading up a confederacy of nations, and the first mentioned of these is Persia, now known as Iran. The involvement of Russia in Syria is an indication that these events could happen soon, and the end result will be the return of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, from heaven Acts 1:11 and the restoration of the Kingdom to Israel Acts 1:6.

Kind regards
Trevor

Last edited:

TrevorL

Greetings again Apple7,
Your examples don't even mention Satan, nor The First Resurrection, Trev. Back to drafting class for you...
In my previous post I considered Daniel 11:40–45 depicting the invasion of the land of Israel by the King of the North. The chapter division could obscure the next part of Daniel:
Daniel 12:1–3 (KJV): 1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.
Firstly the events mentioned above will occur at the same time as the invasion by the King of the North, and is connected with the demise of the King of the North mentioned in Daniel 11:45. It speaks of Michael the Archangel, but I believe that this will be Jesus who has returned to the earth as mentioned in Acts 1:11 and Zechariah 14:3-4. Jesus takes over the role of Michael the Archangel.

I believe that those delivered will be a large remnant of natural Israel and also those faithful who will be alive at the coming of Jesus. At the same time the first resurrection will occur. It speaks of many, and this indicates that not all the dead will be resurrected at that time. Up unto that time they will be asleep in the dust of the earth. Some will be accepted at the judgement seat of Christ, while others will be rejected. Daniel will be amongst those who will be resurrected and accepted at this time of the first resurrection.
Daniel 12:13 (KJV): But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

In my daily readings for today, Isaiah gives additional detail about the first resurrection:
Isaiah 26:19 (KJV): Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
Here the dead are described as those that dwell in dust, similar to Daniel 12:2. This will be the first resurrection.

Kind regards
Trevor

genuineoriginal

No scripture tells you to 'add up' in the first place, silly...:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Your lack of knowledge of the Bible is appalling.

Psalm 90:12
12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.​

genuineoriginal

Greetings again genuineoriginal
You have a different perspective of the events depicted in the Apocalypse. My understanding is that the Seals are from AD96 -312
Please consider the verses about the fifth seal:

Revelation 6:9-11
9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Since people are still being slain for the word of God and for their testimony, the time of this verse has not happened yet.
The time of the fifth seal has lasted for 1900 years and counting.
the demise of the Pagan Roman Empire.
The seven seals are not about the Pagan Roman Empire, they are about the children of Israel.
The Pagan Roman Empire may have "fallen" in 312 CE, but that did not end the time of the seven seals.

The Trumpets are from AD312 to the French Revolution. The Vials are from the French Revolution to the coming of Christ in the 6th Vial Revelation 16:15. Armageddon is also in the 6th Vial Revelation 16:16. We are now in the period of the 6th Vial.
You have stopped making any sense.
The events of the seven trumpets have not happened yet, nor have the events of any of the seven bowls.

We have the same subdivision between the Roman East which was military as in Daniel 8-11, and Roman West which was religious Daniel 7. The military is overthrown first and the Kingdom of God in Jerusalem is established, after this judgements then come upon the Papacy as they do not submit to the rule of Christ Revelation 17:12-14.
The Papacy is not "Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth". This idea comes from the adversary who wants to divide Christianity into warring factions because "if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand."

I imagine that you subscribe to some form of Futurist view of the Book of Revelation, while I subscribe to the Continuous Historical view. Your response has added nothing in the way to help me understand your overall view and detail. Rather your statements seem to have contradictions and obscurities.
No, my view is not Futurist if I believe that the seven seals began in 66 CE.
However, I believe that the words of the fifth seal make a better argument that it lasts 1900+ years than any argument you have to claim that the time of the seven trumpets lasted 1400+ years.

Your interpretation appears to be tainted with replacement theology, since you are not looking at how the prophecies in Revelation are more concerned with the history of the children of Israel and the land of Israel than they are with the history of Christianity.

TrevorL

Greetings again genuineoriginal,
Please consider the verses about the fifth seal: Revelation 6:9-11 - it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. Since people are still being slain for the word of God and for their testimony, the time of this verse has not happened yet. The time of the fifth seal has lasted for 1900 years and counting.
Each seal depicts a prominent event that occurs during that particular time period. The first seal a period of peace in the Pagan Roman Empire during AD96-183, the second seal a time of bloodshed AD183-211. We have had other times of peace and bloodshed, but that does not mean that both of these seals have continued for 1900 years. Similarly with the fifth seal there was a period of severe persecution of the Christians by Diocletian AD303-311.
The seven seals are not about the Pagan Roman Empire, they are about the children of Israel.
The Pagan Roman Empire may have "fallen" in 312 CE, but that did not end the time of the seven seals.
The scene of the seals is about the Roman Empire and the Christians, not the Jews who were dispersed in AD70.
You have stopped making any sense. The events of the seven trumpets have not happened yet, nor have the events of any of the seven bowls.
I believe we are in the period of the sixth bowl, just before the coming of Jesus in Revelation 16:15.
The Papacy is not "Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth". This idea comes from the adversary who wants to divide Christianity into warring factions because "if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand."
Then you have not properly examined Daniel 7 that forms a basis for a correct understanding of the language of the book of Revelation. You have adopted the Jesuit teaching that tried to discountenance the Protestant view of the Catholic Church during the Reformation.
No, my view is not Futurist if I believe that the seven seals began in 66 CE.
However, I believe that the words of the fifth seal make a better argument that it lasts 1900+ years than any argument you have to claim that the time of the seven trumpets lasted 1400+ years. Your interpretation appears to be tainted with replacement theology, since you are not looking at how the prophecies in Revelation are more concerned with the history of the children of Israel and the land of Israel than they are with the history of Christianity.
The purpose of the Book of Revelation was the message given by Jesus to his servants, so that they would recognise their own times in relation to the ultimate return of Jesus. It was to encourage them that Christ was in control of all these events, and was also in control of their own lives as faithful servants waiting for his return and ultimately to raise them from the dead and be with them for the kingdom to come.

Kind regards
Trevor

genuineoriginal

The scene of the seals is about the Roman Empire and the Christians, not the Jews who were dispersed in AD70.
As long as you believe that, your Eschatology will be no better than that of the Preterists and Dispensationalists.

Then you have not properly examined Daniel 7 that forms a basis for a correct understanding of the language of the book of Revelation.
You do know that Daniel 7 was written about the children of Israel, right? It is the same with the Book of revelation.

You have adopted the Jesuit teaching that tried to discountenance the Protestant view of the Catholic Church during the Reformation.
I know nothing about the Jesuit teaching, but I do know that the Protestant Eschatological claims that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon is wrong, divisive, and has kept Christians at odds with each other.

TrevorL

As long as you believe that, your Eschatology will be no better than that of the Preterists and Dispensationalists.
I find it interesting that you label various views, but I question whether your own overall view is a very partial perspective, held by maybe a faction of evangelicals or similar. I also question whether your view of the 5th seal and some other particular details are even held by this faction or is your own unique view. I suggest that the view I presented has been given by many writers and expositors over the centuries, but your view on these things is the first time I have heard such a suggestion.
You do know that Daniel 7 was written about the children of Israel, right? It is the same with the Book of revelation.
I suggest that the 10 horns of the fourth beast and the little horn that arose is not directly speaking about the children of Israel. It is talking about the rise of the Papacy and how they persecuted the believers for a period of 1260 years.
I know nothing about the Jesuit teaching, but I do know that the Protestant Eschatological claims that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon is wrong, divisive, and has kept Christians at odds with each other.
You are welcome to determine your own understanding of these various prophecies. Possibly Daniel 7 is a good place to start. Who do you consider is the little horn of Daniel 7?

Kind regards
Trevor

genuineoriginal

Greetings again genuineoriginal, I find it interesting that you label various views, but I question whether your own overall view is a very partial perspective, held by maybe a faction of evangelicals or similar. I also question whether your view of the 5th seal and some other particular details are even held by this faction or is your own unique view. I suggest that the view I presented has been given by many writers and expositors over the centuries, but your view on these things is the first time I have heard such a suggestion.
Please keep in mind that the many writers and expositors over the centuries have attempted to interpret the prophecies in favor of their particular denomination.
In the case of Classical Historicism, this would be the Protestant Reformed denomination.
However, in the last century we have seen things that were unimaginable to those Protestant Reformed theologians.
Israel became a nation in a single day.
The children of Israel have been coming to Israel from "all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues" (Revelation 7:9).
The Bible has been converted into electronic format so knowledge has increased.
We have media that tells us what is happening in all parts of the entire world, not just what is happening in a localized area of Europe.
The Gifts of the Spirit have returned (people speaking in tongues and prophesying).
The children of Israel have found a way to blend the practices of Judaism with the beliefs of Christianity (Messianic Judaism).

It is time to reevaluate the interpretations of the prophecies in light of these historic events and not ignore them because the events don't fit into an interpretation of prophecy from a Protestant Reformed perspective of several centuries ago.
Doing that kind of reevaluation is the sign of a true Historicist.

I suggest that the 10 horns of the fourth beast and the little horn that arose is not directly speaking about the children of Israel.
The four beasts are in order:
the Babylonian Empire
the Medo-Persian Empire
the Greek Empire
the Roman Empire

Why are these the four beast kingdoms?
Because they are the ones that ruled over Jerusalem during the 70 year exile of the children of Israel and the 7 * 70 year semi-exile of the children of Israel that followed it.
The 10 horns are 10 kings of the Roman Empire.

It is talking about the rise of the Papacy and how they persecuted the believers for a period of 1260 years.
If your interpretation of the prophecy is based on some arbitrary time period when Roman Catholic believers were persecuting Protestant believers, then it wrong.

You are welcome to determine your own understanding of these various prophecies. Possibly Daniel 7 is a good place to start. Who do you consider is the little horn of Daniel 7?
Titus, who led the campaign against Jerusalem in 70 CE, is the little horn of Daniel 7.

TrevorL

Please keep in mind that the many writers and expositors over the centuries have attempted to interpret the prophecies in favor of their particular denomination. In the case of Classical Historicism, this would be the Protestant Reformed denomination.
However, in the last century we have seen things that were unimaginable to those Protestant Reformed theologians.
The Gifts of the Spirit have returned (people speaking in tongues and prophesying).
The children of Israel have found a way to blend the practices of Judaism with the beliefs of Christianity (Messianic Judaism).
It is time to reevaluate the interpretations of the prophecies in light of these historic events and not ignore them because the events don't fit into an interpretation of prophecy from a Protestant Reformed perspective of several centuries ago. Doing that kind of reevaluation is the sign of a true Historicist.
With any interpretation we need to review and adjust if necessary, but once the general overall view is firmly established then this will only be an adjustment of minor detail. I suggest that what you have presented is a bit speculative, and also in my opinion has a wrong emphasis on the children of Israel, while the context is concerning events as they would affect the believers from the time of John to the coming and revealing of Christ. I notice that you support some form of Pentecostalism, and my experience of some of these is that there are many diverse opinions based upon their different expositors who gain some influence for some time, but often fail in the long run. One of the problems and this could be your personal position as well, is that they claim Spirit guidance in what they pronounce, and once an opinion is stated it is difficult to retract because they believe that the Spirit has spoken, and in a way endorsed the individual.
The four beasts are in order: the Babylonian Empire, the Medo-Persian Empire, the Greek Empire, the Roman Empire
I agree.
Why are these the four beast kingdoms?
Because they are the ones that ruled over Jerusalem during the 70 year exile of the children of Israel and the 7 * 70 year semi-exile of the children of Israel that followed it.
This is obscure. The four kingdoms of Daniel 2 and Daniel 7 last from the Babylonian captivity until the return of Christ.
The 10 horns are 10 kings of the Roman Empire.
They represent the subdivision of the Roman Empire and Christ will smite the image upon the feet at his return, showing that they represent the nations today, especially the old Roman territory.
If your interpretation of the prophecy is based on some arbitrary time period when Roman Catholic believers were persecuting Protestant believers, then it wrong.
Titus, who led the campaign against Jerusalem in 70 CE, is the little horn of Daniel 7.
I suggest that the following is speaking of the Papacy and the little horn power will be destroyed by Christ at his coming. This certainly is not describing Titus (another Pentecostal speculation? or a “genuine original”):
Daniel 7:24-27 (KJV): 24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time. 26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Kind regards
Trevor

genuineoriginal

Greetings again genuineoriginal, With any interpretation we need to review and adjust if necessary, but once the general overall view is firmly established then this will only be an adjustment of minor detail.
If the general overall view is wrong, then the entire thing needs to be reevaluated starting from the basic principles.

I suggest that what you have presented is a bit speculative,
All interpretation of prophecy is speculative.

and also in my opinion has a wrong emphasis on the children of Israel, while the context is concerning events as they would affect the believers from the time of John to the coming and revealing of Christ.
If you come from any of the traditional denominations that have a historical view of prophecy, you will begin with some form of Replacement Theology, which will slant any interpretation.

The four kingdoms of Daniel 2 and Daniel 7 last from the Babylonian captivity until the return of Christ.
Not quite. The four kingdoms of Daniel 2 and Daniel 7 are from the Babylonian captivity until the first advent of Christ.
Trying to extend those prophecies beyond that time will result in foolishness.

They represent the subdivision of the Roman Empire and Christ will smite the image upon the feet at his return, showing that they represent the nations today, especially the old Roman territory. I suggest that the following is speaking of the Papacy and the little horn power will be destroyed by Christ at his coming.
Like I said, foolishness.

This certainly is not describing Titus:
Daniel 7:24-27 (KJV): 24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings. 25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
As you are aware, the "saints of the most High" in the prophecy refers to the children of Israel.
The "time and times and the dividing of time" (3-1/2 years) in the verse have a historical fulfillment:

Titus moved to besiege the center of rebel resistance in Jerusalem in early 70. The first two walls of Jerusalem were breached within three weeks, but a stubborn rebel standoff prevented the Roman Army from breaking the third and thickest wall. Following a brutal seven-month siege, during which Zealot infighting resulted in the burning of the entire food supplies of the city, the Romans finally succeeded in breaching the defenses of the weakened Jewish forces in the summer of 70. Following the fall of Jerusalem, in the year 71 Titus left for Rome, leaving Legion X Fretensis to defeat the remaining Jewish strongholds including Herodium and Machaerus, finalizing the Roman campaign in Masada in 73–74.
___________________​

26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end. 27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.
These verses have not happened yet, the children of Israel have not inherited the everlasting kingdom that is promised in these verses.
The culmination of all of the prophecies of the end times kingdom have been put on hold until the return of Christ.

This has happened due to conflicting prophecies.

There are prophecies about the everlasting kingdom to be given to the children of Israel where they will have Christ as king and He will rule over the nations from Jerusalem.
The Gentile believers in Christ (Christians) have a part of that kingdom.
There are also prophecies about the children of Israel being exiled from the land of promise as a punishment for their disobedience.
The prophecies of a kingdom for the children of Israel cannot be fulfilled while they are in exile from the land of promise.

The prophecies from the Old Testament all looked forward to the establishment of the everlasting kingdom at the first advent of Christ or shortly afterwards (40-50 years at most).
Because of this, the Christians that wrote the New Testament were all looking for Christ to return in their lifetimes to establish that kingdom.
However, the prophecies from the New Testament are about the great exile of the children of Israel that will last for thousands of years and the establishment of the everlasting kingdom at the end of that exile.

Without understanding these differences between the prophesies of the Old and New Testament, any interpretation will begin with a false premise and will have a wrong conclusion.

TrevorL

I answered your Post yesterday, but it has been deleted. I assume they are still having database problems. I will see if this post survives.
If the general overall view is wrong, then the entire thing needs to be reevaluated starting from the basic principles. All interpretation of prophecy is speculative.
I do not consider that the interpretation of prophecy is speculative. The headings that I supplied to Psalm 72 in the OP are not speculative, but a simple summary of the content of the verses. An understanding of the detail of Isaiah 2:1-4, Daniel 2, Zechariah 14 is not speculative, as the terms are simple and clear, and Daniel 2 even gives its own interpretation of the image so that King Nebuchadnezzar could understand.
If you come from any of the traditional denominations that have a historical view of prophecy, you will begin with some form of Replacement Theology, which will slant any interpretation.
I do not subscribe to any Replacement Theology. I do not know what is Replacement Theology, but I should imagine that some of these would interpret Isaiah 2:1-4 as the Church, but I certainly believe that this is talking about Jesus upon the throne of David in literal Jerusalem during the 1000 years.
Not quite. The four kingdoms of Daniel 2 and Daniel 7 are from the Babylonian captivity until the first advent of Christ. Trying to extend those prophecies beyond that time will result in foolishness. Like I said, foolishness.
I cannot accept your perspective above and the detail that you then describe. Psalm 72, Isaiah 2:1-4, Micah 4:1-8, Daniel 2, Zechariah 14 form a framework to understand the establishment of the Kingdom of God upon the earth for the 1000 years.

Kind regards
Trevor