Prostitution

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Prostitution was made illegal by the same source in which alcohol was prohibited in the early 90's.

Puritan ideology and bias.

The fact of the matter is that prostitution was legal in every Christian society to date until America happened. The Catholic Church even allowed brothels and such.

Defending dope

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4623004&postcount=105

and now prostitution: yep, a real conservative.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4622948&postcount=101

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

Being a conservative doesn't mean one blindly follows the GOP. I think there's a lot of morons in there as there are among the liberals.

I'm conservative on a fundamental basis- the GOP is not THE Right, just a branch within. In this current generation, everyone has chosen to polarize everything.

glassjester

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassjester
Should prostitution be legalized?

Did Jeb's phony smile just get bigger with that answer or is it my imagination?

jeb2-400x300.jpg

It's a surprising answer. I wonder why chrysostom is pro-prostitution.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned

There's a difference between being 'pro-(x)' and simply being against (x) being illegal.

I personally find it a bit odd that prostitution is illegal. I don't see how it's something that should be subject to law. It's about the principle more so than the morality.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Being a conservative doesn't mean one blindly follows the GOP. I think there's a lot of morons in there as there are among the liberals.

While political parties espouse a certain agenda, be it liberal or conservative, the GOP has nothing to do with the definition of a conservative.

Being a conservative means acknowledging and following the rock solid foundation of all moral behavior: The Holy Bible.

I'm conservative on a fundamental basis- the GOP is not THE Right, just a branch within. In this current generation, everyone has chosen to polarize everything.

Being that you're pro dope and pro whoredom, you're without a doubt a Libertarian. There's a huge difference between conservatism and Libertarianism: I've already defined the former, the latter is where you write your own rules and borrow off of God's if it suits your selfish needs.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

Did Jeb's phony smile just get bigger with that answer or is it my imagination?

As seen with the pedophile/pederast priest scandal, sexual immorality runs deep inside the Catholic Church. Maybe chrys wants to show that Catholics like women too?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Being a conservative means acknowledging and following the rock solid foundation of all moral behavior: The Holy Bible.

No it doesn't.

Being that you're pro dope and pro whoredom, you're without a doubt a Libertarian. There's a huge difference between conservatism and Libertarianism: I've already defined the former, the latter is where you write your own rules and borrow off of God's if it suits your selfish needs.

Libertarians defend homosexuality being legal, I do not. Just one example of how I am not such, as libertarianism is basically a specific shoe size which either fits or does not fit. You can't be 'halfway' libertarian.

I am all conservative with a touch of liberal.

glassjester

For those of legal age, yes. Personally, I would discourage anyone from going into these types of jobs, however, I also understand that it would be done out of desperation.

So women, who might otherwise qualify for an unemployment check, could instead be (effectively) told by the government, "Just go sell your body for sex."

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So women, who might otherwise qualify for an unemployment check, could instead be (effectively) told by the government, "Just go sell your body for sex."

See the statistics I quoted below. Someone who qualifies for unemployment wouldn't be desperate enough to sell themselves to get by.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
For those of legal age, yes. Personally, I would discourage anyone from going into these types of jobs, however, I also understand that it would be done out of desperation.

Note that Rusha is dead set against adultery, but doesn't stop to think that many of the johns that hookers turn tricks on are married and that some of the women who are prostitutes are married as well.

Hmmmmm...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Libertarians defend homosexuality being legal, I do not. Just one example of how I am not such, as libertarianism is basically a specific shoe size which either fits or does not fit. You can't be 'halfway' libertarian.

The main tenet of Libertarianism is self ownership, i.e. "It's MY body and I can do with it as I damn well please!" You fit quite nicely into that category from what I've seen.

I am all conservative with a touch of liberal.

Hence my earlier statement: ...you write your own rules and borrow off of God's if it suits your selfish needs.

glassjester

See the statistics I quoted below. Someone who qualifies for unemployment wouldn't be desperate enough to sell themselves to get by.

Right. So if prostitution is legal, and a woman is offered a prostitution job, but turns it down... she could be denied unemployment. Right?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Note that Rusha is dead set against adultery, but doesn't stop to think that many of the johns that hookers turn tricks on are married and that some of the women who are prostitutes are married as well.

Hmmmmm...

Of course ... which is why I said DISCOURAGE. What you seem to conveniently forget is that those johns you are speaking of are the one's breaking their vows.