Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You callin' Paul a liar?

Galatians 1:19-20

whom ?! ?? - they better not ! -

View attachment 19815

Peter was confused for a bit ? he admits it. written in about AD 67, 3 years after 1 Peter, perhaps by then, he was understanding Paul ? - 2 Peter 3:15 KJV -

2 Peter 3:16 KJV -

2 Peter 3:16 -

2 Peter 3:16 NiV -

but back to the point of the thread - 2 different gospels -

Galatians 2:7 KJV -

Galatians 2:8 KJV -

Galatians 2:9 KJV -

Galatians 2:10 KJV -

Galatians 2:11 KJV -

Galatians 2:12 KJV - Galatians 2:20 KJV -

Ephesians 3:2 KJV -

Colossians 1:25 KJV - Colossians 1:26 KJV -

2 Corinthians 4:2 KJV -

2 Corinthians 4:3 KJV -

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV -

2 Corinthians 6:21 KJV -

Ephesians 1:13 KJV -

Jerry Shugart

Because "then" is being used in the same sense as to order in time as you have just used it - "if there was a trip to Arabia between the events of the first sentence and the events of the second sentence then I cannot imagine why the word 'then' would be used."

Acts 9:
19. And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus.
20. And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

Reading that, as is, some could understand it to mean that Luke is continuing the sense of 19a's thought - "And when he received meat and was strengthened" as being the same in time as 19b's "Then was Saul certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus."

If such were the case, he would have said "Then he was certain days with the disciples which were at Damascus," not “Then was Saul certain days…"

But he is not talking about the same period of time, rather, about a time that began at some point after… in fact, such is the case as to different periods of time in several places within both Luke’s and Paul’s narrative as to this.

The following is a combining of Acts 9 and Galatians 1 into one commentary. Its words are their own…

"…when he received meat, he was strengthened...went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus... Then was Saul certain days at Damascus... And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God....Then... after many days were fulfilled... after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days… And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and believed not that he was a disciple.... But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother… But Barnabas took him, and brought him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at Damascus in the name of Jesus. And he was with them coming in and going out at Jerusalem. And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him. Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and sent him forth to Tarsus….

...Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. And they glorified God in me.... Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied..."

Then why didn't Paul preach to the Gentiles until later at Acts 13?

DAN P

(2 Peter 3:15 KJV) And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Peter is telling the Galatians that Paul had previously written to them.

Yet, heir claims that the Galatians Peter is writing to are being preached a different gospel than Paul preached, despite Peter clearly telling the Galatians that Paul has previously written to them.

Hi . and Paul did write to the Galatians as we see the letter .

But where is that so-called letter that Peter wrote to the Body of Christ ?:dizzy::dizzy:

2 Peter 3 is all Jewish and what Peter is fererring to is the Book of Hebrews .

There is NO such letter !!

dan p

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Galatians was written in AD 49. - 1 Peter was written in AD 62-64,

You're making my point.

Paul told the Galatians that if anyone preaches another gospel to them, that person is to be accursed.

According to your dates given, Peter wrote his epistle to the Galatians 13 years after Paul wrote his epistle to the Galatians.

According to MAD, Peter preached a different gospel than Paul.

If MAD is correct, then Peter should have been accursed by the Galatians for preaching a different gospel.

God's Truth

Most all of the misunderstanding comes from people not understanding Paul...so much so is this problem that Peter makes scripture speaking about that...2 Peter 3:16.

Paul never ever speaks against obeying Jesus, in any way, or at anytime. Paul speaks about no having to do the ceremonial works anymore---not that we do not have to obey God anymore!

God's Truth

Paul even speaks of HIMSELF...if WE should preach a gospel other than...a different Jesus...

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Jesus preached obedience to him. Paul preached obedience to Jesus. Jesus did not die and then come back to tell Paul we no longer have to obey but only believe.

Obeying God has not become the curse.

Jesus fulfilled the ceremonial works of the law. We no longer have to be circumcised and give animals to sacrifice...but we as always have to obey God.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi . and Paul did write to the Galatians as we see the letter .

But where is that so-called letter that Peter wrote to the Body of Christ ?:dizzy::dizzy:

2 Peter 3 is all Jewish and what Peter is fererring to is the Book of Hebrews .

There is NO such letter !!

dan p

What made you think Peter was talking of only one letter?

Y'all could really use sum readin' lessons.:doh:

2 Peter 3:16 KJV

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest , as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Paul even speaks of HIMSELF...if WE should preach a gospel other than...a different Jesus...

Galatians 1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

Paul does not say that there is only one gospel. He knew that there were two gospels and he also knew that those preaching the other gospel would not be preaching that gospel to the Gentiles:

"...they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7,9).​

So there is nothing written at Galatians 1:6-8 that proves that only one gospel was preached during the Acts period.

In fact, the good news (gospel) which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And those believing that gospel were saved the moment they believed it (Jn.5:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The good news or gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles he called "the preaching of the Cross," a gospel which is centered on the fact that He died for our sins. And those believing that gospel were saved the moment when they believed it (1 Cor.15:1-3).

This is so simple and no one has an excuse for not understanding it or believing it.

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

We know Paul preached Jesus' gospel of the kingdom of God so what other gospel do you believe Paul preached?

The gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24), the truth that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

God's Truth

Paul does not say that there is only one gospel. He knew that there were two gospels and he also knew that those preaching the other gospel would not be preaching that gospel to the Gentiles:

"...they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter...when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision" (Gal.2:7,9).​

So there is nothing written at Galatians 1:6-8 that proves that only one gospel was preached during the Acts period.

In fact, the good news (gospel) which was preached to the Jews during the Acts period is the fact that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. And those believing that gospel were saved the moment they believed it (Jn.5:31; 1 Jn.5:1-5).

The good news or gospel which Paul preached to the Gentiles he called "the preaching of the Cross," a gospel which is centered on the fact that He died for our sins. And those believing that gospel were saved the moment when they believed it (1 Cor.15:1-3).

This is so simple and no one has an excuse for not understanding it or believing it.

It is simple. What don't you get about no other gospel?

You are preaching falseness.

John the baptizer preached the good news; and Jesus Christ himself preached the good news.

The good news is Jesus Christ the promise is here.

The good news is forgiveness through Jesus.

The good news is that Jesus is the Sacrificial Lamb of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The gospel of the grace of God (Acts 20:24), the truth that believers are "justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" (Ro.3:24).

Paul said, "We must through many tribulations enter the kingdom of God." (Acts 14:22 NKJV)

Entrance to the kingdom of God has always been by grace. No one has ever bought their way into the kingdom. It's by invitation only.

john w

Hall of Fame
It is the same gospel Jesus taught.

Show us where the Lord Jesus Christ, the 12, prior to the death, burial, resurrection, ever preached/taught:

"I/Christ is going to die for your/our sins...be buried....raised again....Believe this good news to be saved."

Chapter, verse.

1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV gospel/good news

Death
Burial
Resurrection

God's Truth

Show us where the Lord Jesus Christ, the 12, prior to the death, burial, resurrection, ever preached/taught:

"I/Christ is going to die for your/our sins...be buried....raised again....Believe this good news to be saved."

Chapter, verse.

Death
Burial
Resurrection

Jesus says it was written in the Old Testament about him.

Jesus SAYS THIS IS WHAT I TOLD YOU WHILE I WAS STILL WITHOUT YOU.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Jesus said THAT IT WAS WRITTEN that the MESSIAH will suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day,

john w

Hall of Fame
Jesus says it was written in the Old Testament about him.

Jesus SAYS THIS IS WHAT I TOLD YOU WHILE I WAS STILL WITHOUT YOU.

Luke 24:44 He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Jesus said THAT IT WAS WRITTEN that the MESSIAH will suffer and rise from the dead and repentance for the forgiveness of sins.

Chapter, verse.

You:

"Luke 24:44"-you

Which word did you not get?:

"prior to the death, burial, resurrection"-saint John W

Luke 24:44 KJV is not prior.

The death, burial, resurrection was hid from the 12, prior to its ocurrence.

God's Truth

Chapter, verse.

You:

Luke 24:46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.