Predestination or Planned Parenting on the Part of God

iouae

Predestination comes from the Greek word "proorizō" or Strong's 4309.

In every single case this word is used it applies ONLY to the Planned Parenting on the Part of God.
In other words, the word is only used in the context of when God speaks about how He planned to have children, from way back. Is that not the point of our existence, to become God's children?

Underlined are the references to children of God, in every use of this word "predestined".

Rom 8:29
For whom he did foreknow, he G4309 ➔ also did predestinate G4309 to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 8:30
Moreover whom he did predestinate, G4309 them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

1Co 2:7
But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained G4309 before the world unto our glory:

Eph 1:5
Having predestinated G4309 us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Eph 1:11
In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated G4309 according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

In every scripture, God has predestined that He will have children.

In a nutshell then, predestination always refers to PLANNED PARENTING on the part of God.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why on Earth would you use those words to describe God? :AMR:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

iouae

Why on Earth would you use those words to describe God? :AMR:

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I was planning to go with Planned Parenting on the Part of the Pater - to alliterate with Predestination.

But which title would you have preferred?

Truster

Prior to trying to apply "planned parenting" to the Eternal you should have looked at what the term actually means.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

In every single case this word is used it applies ONLY to the Planned Parenting on the Part of God.
In other words, the word is only used in the context of when God speaks about how He planned to have children, from way back. Is that not the point of our existence, to become God's children?

Underlined are the references to children of God, in every use of this word "predestined".

For whom he did foreknow, he G4309 ➔ also did predestinate G4309 to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Moreover whom he did predestinate, G4309 them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained G4309 before the world unto our glory:

Having predestinated G4309 us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated G4309 according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

In a nutshell then, predestination always refers to PLANNED PARENTING on the part of God.

Foreknowledge means Preplanned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iouae

Foreknowledge means Preplanned

But will you agree that all scriptures mentioning predestination have to do with preplanning to have children?

That is the only foreknowledge in question, and all it says is that God foreknew that He would have children at some time in the future.

Truster

All humans are His children by creation. Some are children by regeneration. There is a book of life that list the former and the Lambs Book of Life that lists the latter.

preacherman57

Let's not forget Jn 1:12-13. Now, the goats love to read Jn 1:12, especially the "...as many as recieved him.." They think, "See, people have to recieve him, of their own will" But they always ignore,
Jn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man ( It is not a result of man's free will) but of God.

2Thes 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning ( before He created the world) choosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.

James 1:18 Of His own will begat us with the word of truth ( God's will, not man's)

The Evangelicals believe that God "knows" all people, which is wrong. They base this on Jer 1:5. But how they get the idea that this teaches that God knows everybody is a result of another of their man-made traditions. Which is a result of their imagination. We see in the N.T.
Mat 25: 10-12
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord. Lord, open to us.
But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

Mat 7:22-23....And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

You rightly mentioned Rm 8:29,
For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

This is a verse the Evangelicals love to twist. They like to say that predestination is that because God saw into the future, saw who was going to "accept Christ" ( a phrase not found or taught in the bible)
and those are the people He predestinated.

1. God does not " react, move or act " to give salvation "after" a person mumbles the unbiblical "sinners prayer." God decided who He was going to save before He created the world.

2. The word is "whom" not what. The syntax and words used make it clear that "whom" is meant.
3. The word "foreknow" does not mean foreknowledge, as to mean that God sees everything that is going to happen. The word " foreknow" means those who God choose to have an intimate, personal relationship with.
You are correct with the idea that God chose all of those who He purposed, ordained to be in His family, before He ever created Adam and Eve.
But, as I understand it, after we are quickened, brought to knowledge of the truth, where are spiritual eyes and ears are opened, we all enter in as little children. Children who are immature and have much to learn. But, we are not to remain as children. As we physically grow, we grow spiritually. As we grow we learn more, our faith grows stronger. We learn more and more to trust in God and realize that everything that happens in our lives, good or bad, is all a part of what He planned for lives and regardless of any negative event we go through, it is for our good Rm 8:28 for our benefit. And, we are always on the path toward living forever with our God.
Just as we physically mature, so to will we physically mature.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

iouae

In the OP I quoted every scripture relating to "predestined", and showed how every single one relates to God predicting and planning to have children. Absolutely nothing spooky here. Nothing said about God knowing that Joyce Meyer or anyone else specifically would be a child of His in 2018. The scriptures are as vague as a newly married couple being asked about children, and replying that they would like to have 3 kids once they have established their careers. If you don't believe me, go back and read the OP scriptures.

Yet, from these innocent scriptures where God planned to have children, theologians, and particularly Calvinists, have spun a web of nonsense, claiming that God says He has predicted every minute detail of the future. They certainly got this idea from Calvin, and not the Bible, and certainly not from the scriptures using the word "predestined".

iouae

Let's not forget Jn 1:12-13. Now, the goats love to read Jn 1:12, especially the "...as many as recieved him.." They think, "See, people have to recieve him, of their own will" But they always ignore,
Jn 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor the will of man ( It is not a result of man's free will) but of God.

2Thes 2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning ( before He created the world) choosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth.

James 1:18 Of His own will begat us with the word of truth ( God's will, not man's)

The Evangelicals believe that God "knows" all people, which is wrong. They base this on Jer 1:5. But how they get the idea that this teaches that God knows everybody is a result of another of their man-made traditions. Which is a result of their imagination. We see in the N.T.
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.

Mat 7:22-23....And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity

For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

This is a verse the Evangelicals love to twist. They like to say that predestination is that because God saw into the future, saw who was going to "accept Christ" ( a phrase not found or taught in the bible)

1. God does not " react, move or act " to give salvation "after" a person mumbles the unbiblical "sinners prayer." God decided who He was going to save before He created the world.

2. The word is "whom" not what. The syntax and words used make it clear that "whom" is meant.
3. The word "foreknow" does not mean foreknowledge, as to mean that God sees everything that is going to happen. The word " foreknow" means those who God choose to have an intimate, personal relationship with.
You are correct with the idea that God chose all of those who He purposed, ordained to be in His family, before He ever created Adam and Eve.
But, as I understand it, after we are quickened, brought to knowledge of the truth, where are spiritual eyes and ears are opened, we all enter in as little children. Children who are immature and have much to learn. But, we are not to remain as children. As we physically grow, we grow spiritually. As we grow we learn more, our faith grows stronger. We learn more and more to trust in God and realize that everything that happens in our lives, good or bad, is all a part of what He planned for lives and regardless of any negative event we go through, it is for our good Rm 8:28 for our benefit. And, we are always on the path toward living forever with our God.

Nice post Preacherman!

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Paul wrote First Corinthians 3-5 years after he planted the church and he says:
“And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?”
**1 Corinthians‬ *3:1-3‬ *KJV‬‬

Which teaches us that babyhood need not last more than 3 years and that a believer should reach full spiritual adulthood by 5 years. And if he doesn’t he becomes carnal and needs to relearn the milk of which the doctrine of predestination is, a milk doctrine. He must learn it and move to meat like the Melchizedekian Priesthood example given in Hebrews.

iouae

Which teaches us that babyhood need not last more than 3 years and that a believer should reach full spiritual adulthood by 5 years. And if he doesn’t he becomes carnal and needs to relearn the milk of which the doctrine of predestination is, a milk doctrine. He must learn it and move to meat like the Melchizedekian Priesthood example given in Hebrews.

I love what you say about christians needing to grow up and stop needing spoon-feeding, decade after decade in church.

But I would not call predestination a "milk doctrine". I would call it more of a thumbsuck or more of a pixidust doctrine.

Predestination does not exist anywhere in the real world, but preachers often like to make up a world in which their theology applies. Predestination is part of this pixidust. If we see predestination nowhere (since none of us can predestine squat) but we like to say that God does it all the time.

More pixidust would be to say time does not exist in the spirit realm, only here on earth. Pixidust!! Time is clearly described as occurring on heaven, and the arrow of time moves there exactly as it does here. (Reminds me of that horrible movie, "As above, so below"). Actually, as above, so below with time and predestination. The rules of this world are taken from the rules above.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
PREDESTINATION (CHRISTIANITY IS WHAT IS PRE-DESTINED)

29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Heb 5:7-10
7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,
8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.
9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,
10 called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek,"
Jude 1:1-2
1 Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ:
2 Mercy, peace, and love be multiplied to you.
II Th 1:11-12
11 Therefore we also pray always for you that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness and the work of faith with power,
12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Phil 2:13
13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.
Eph 1:2-12
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ,
4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,
6 to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He has made us accepted in the Beloved.
7 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
8 which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence,
9 having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself,
10 that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth-- in Him.
11 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will,
12 that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
Eph 4:21
21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus:
2 Cor 3:17
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
Gal 5:24
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
Gal 5:17
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
Rom 8:1-2
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
Rom 8:28-30
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Gal 3:16
16 Now to Abraham and his Seed were the promises made. He does not say, "And to seeds," as of many, but as of one, "And to your Seed," who is Christ.
Gal 3:19-20
19 What purpose then does the law serve? It was added because of transgressions, till the Seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was appointed through angels by the hand of a mediator.
20 Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one.
Jude 1:4
4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ.
(NKJ)
P.S. Jesus is the only individual that was predestined. Christianity is predestination. When you read the Word, and believe it. Then that makes you a Christian, and if you believe? your going to do what it says. Now to understand that the Word is talking to those who believe it. This is how faith grows. Faith is your spiritual strength that you get from believing the Word. And what is predestined is Christianity more than each individual. If you have read the old testament, You should see that God called for the first born, but yet blessed the second born. All the famous people in the old testament had an older brother. Christ was the first to be the first born in a family that was glorious(pleasing God). And the new testament is the second born of the testaments, but the one excepted by God as being right. Christianity is what was predestined, because God had it in His heart
to send His Son after man messed the Word up. Christ was the only One that
God foreknew and predestined. The New Testament was what God predestined
and we who believe it and obey it. So when it says He knew you, He is talking of you as a Christian.

Rom 8:29-30
30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
(NKJ)
The only One that God foreknew was Jesus. Jesus was conformed to the image of a Son of God. He was the firstborn among many followers.