ECT Predestination and Foreknowledge in Scripture

Danoh

Ephesians 1:4 (NIV)
For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love

Read it again...carefully this time...AND in light of other passages.

At what point were you "in Him"?

The passage is referring to what He foresaw doing - in His Son - one day, not to what He did.

Jesus died on that Cross some two thousand years ago. God foresaw Him "slain before the foundation of the world..."

Unless you mean the Mormon form of the mess that is Calvinism - the Mormon version is that you existed before you were born, took on human form and all the rest of their mess...

Hawkins

I threw mine out, read my Bible and wrote my own. That leaves me open for correction but, only by those of like relationship with God and Jesus Christ per John 17:3 KJV.

So you don't know that God's Church on earth holds the authentication generally speaking but not anyone in particular?

You are recommended to stick yourself to the Church theologically speaking before you go too far away with your pride.

Hawkins

Read it again...carefully this time...AND in light of other passages.

It's you who should read carefully ant not trying to sound as if nothing was done Before Creation. Unless you are trying to hint that our God is not omnipotent and omniscient enough to know us before hand.

Danoh

It's you who should read carefully ant not trying to sound as if nothing was done Before Creation. Unless you are trying to hint that our God is not omnipotent and omniscient enough to know us before hand.

Never mind...

blackbirdking

Well, if you don't have proper reasoning for what is the freewill of man, you will never understand predestination.

My reasoning may be 'improper'; however, if God is equiped with foreknowledge, that foreknowledge is based upon truth. So, where did that truth originate? With God or man?

Clue: His foreknowledge is that which equips God in His [Fore]choosing.

If He foreknows it, it originated with Him. If I can change what He knows by 'choosing', He didn't know it. If I can choose, but only what God foreknows, I have no choice; I simply live out what was programed by God's foreknowledge.

Improper reasoning or not, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

OMT: The Death of Jesus was NOT predestinated, as you deem it was, but foreordained.

I don't deem it was; you do. You're double talking. God's 'foreordained', cannot be changed by anyone but God. Your arguement for God's foreknowledge is using "improper reasoning".

In that Jesus didn't have all the details spelled out to him, He could have said no to it all at anytime HE CHOSE.

Not if it was foreordained.

Look in the mirror; your improper reasoning has prevented you from understanding predestination.

I repeat:
Each one interprets the Bible by his own presuppositions; otherwise, we would all agree.

You may not be a 'Calvinist', but what you believe comes from a Calvinistic idea of God's character.

Cross Reference

My reasoning may be 'improper'; however, if God is equiped with foreknowledge, that foreknowledge is based upon truth. So, where did that truth originate? With God or man?

If He foreknows it, it originated with Him. If I can change what He knows by 'choosing', He didn't know it. If I can choose, but only what God foreknows, I have no choice; I simply live out what was programed by God's foreknowledge.

Improper reasoning or not, you can't eat your cake and have it too.

I don't deem it was; you do. You're double talking. God's 'foreordained', cannot be changed by anyone but God. Your arguement for God's foreknowledge is using "improper reasoning".

Not if it was foreordained.

Look in the mirror; your improper reasoning has prevented you from understanding predestination.

I repeat:

You may not be a 'Calvinist', but what you believe comes from a Calvinistic idea of God's character.

Your life is given you to prove what God already knows. He gives you every opportunity to either build on it or rectify it. In the end, your choices an the reasons for making them, are all known to Him. His foreknowledge is predicated upon the end result of your choices.