Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

The Gospel is a revelation of Jesus Christ !

In order to believe the Gospel, it must come by spiritual revelation. Paul wrote of himself Gal 1:11,12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

See even as an Apostle, by nature like any other sinner, the things of God were foolishness to him, neither could he know them 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Paul learned the Gospel of his Salvation by revelation of Jesus Christ. This is how all sinners learn of the Gospel of their Salvation, by revelation of Jesus Christ Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein [The Gospel of Christ]is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Now the word revelation in Gal 1:12 is the greek word apokalypsis which is from apokalyptō the greek word for revealed in Rom 1:17 which means :

1. to uncover, lay open what has been veiled or covered up
    1. disclose, make bare
  2. to make known, make manifest, disclose what before was unknown

See by nature these spiritual things of God cannot be known 1 Cor 2:14

14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

They must be revealed by the Spirit of Christ 1 Cor 2:10

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

The same word revealed as in Rom 1:17

Since the Gospel tidings reveal unto the saved spiritual realities, he must be a spiritually alive to receive them by Faith, which Faith is a fruit of the Spirit Gal 5:22

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

And the Gospel reveals the righteousness of God unto Faith Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Amen ! The Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him Crucified 1 Cor. 2:2, is a Mystery to the natural man, that is all who have not been Given the Spirit of Christ in New Birth, whether children or adults 1 Cor. 2:14.

1 Cor. 2:12-13

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

So the Gospel of Christ which is Spiritual is only revealed to Faith Gal. 5:22; those The Spirit quickens [Gr. zoopoieo]: Causes to Live Spiritually John 6:63.

beloved57

nanja

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Amen, the word teacheth is the same word Christ used here Jn 6:45

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught G1318 of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

So God here may very well refer to The Spirit

Nanja

nanja

Amen, the word teacheth is the same word Christ used here Jn 6:45

It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught G1318 of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

So God here may very well refer to The Spirit

Amen, I believe it does appear that God the Spirit is the Teacher of all Spiritual things 1 Cor. 2:13 because the Spiritual Hearing John 8:47a when one is Born of the Spirit of God must precede his learning of the Father John 6:45. And even his coming to Christ denotes being drawn [helko] to Him by an Inward Power John 6:44 .

beloved57

For the spiritually prepared hearts ?

The Gospel as a word of Salvation is for the spiritually prepared hearts ! See man by nature cant receive and understand the things of the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:14

The Gospel is Spiritual 1 Cor 2:13

Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual

1 Cor 9:11

If we have sown unto you spiritual things, is it a great thing if we shall reap your carnal things?

Now only the spiritually prepared hearts understand the word of truth and brings forth fruit Matt 13:8,23

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Now lets notice something here about the good ground or heart, it hears and understaneth the word. This is key to understanding because the word understandeth here is the greek word suniémi and means :

I consider, understand, perceive, syníēmi (from 4862 /sýn, "together with" and hiēmi, "put, send") – properly, put together, i.e. join facts (ideas) into a comprehensive (inter-locking) whole; synthesize.
4920 /syníēmi ("put facts together") means to arrive at a summary or final understanding (complete with life-applications). Accordingly, 4920 (syníēmi) is closely connected with discerning and doing "the preferred-will of God" (2307 /thélēma).

Now also its the exact same word Paul uses in Rom 3:11 when writes that men by nature dont understand nor seek after God, the True God that is.

11There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

So to prevent any contradictions the ones in Matt 13:23 with the good ground hearts cannot be the natural mans heart, but a spiritually prepared heart by new birth.

Again remember the natural man cannot know/understand the things of the Spirit of God 1 Cor 2:14

That word know ginóskó also is ranslated and means understand:

to know, understand, perceive, have knowledge of;

1 Cor 2:14 niv reads

The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

beloved57

For the spiritually prepared hearts ?2

Lk 1:17

And he shall go before him in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.

A people prepared for the Lord. A spiritually prepared people who would be spiritually receptive to Gods word, the preaching of the Gospel by ohn the Baptist who pointed to Christ. Matt 3:1-6

In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea,

2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

4 And the same John had his raiment of camel's hair, and a leathern girdle about his loins; and his meat was locusts and wild honey.

5 Then went out to him Jerusalem, and all Judaea, and all the region round about Jordan,

6And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.

Confessing their sins at the preaching of John was the fruit of a prepared heart Matt 13:23

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

beloved57

For the spiritually prepared hearts 3

When Jesus gave His messengers instructions in going out to preach the Gospel here Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now in order for these instructions to be carried put, to teach and baptize people, it presupposes that they are already spiritually prepared by new birth since its not possible to teach and make disciples of Christ out of spiritually dead people !

Nanja

For the spiritually prepared hearts 3

When Jesus gave His messengers instructions in going out to preach the Gospel here Matt 28:18-20

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Now in order for these instructions to be carried put, to teach and baptize people, it presupposes that they are already spiritually prepared by new birth since its not possible to teach and make disciples of Christ out of spiritually dead people !

Amen to all 3 parts !

Yes, it's absolutely impossible for a person who is void of the Spirit, spiritually dead, to understand or perform something which is Spiritual; no matter how sincere, moral or religious they may be.

And further, all their good works can't please God Rom. 8:8.

For being Born of God, given a new spiritually prepared heart, must precede their being equipped to receive the Truth of the Gospel.

Ezek. 36:26-27

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Now those who shall never be given a New Spiritually Prepared Heart [Good Ground Mat. 13:8, 23], will remain alienated from the Life of God permanently Eph. 4:18 with their desperately wicked heart Jer. 17:9 because His Wrath is stored up for them.

Rom. 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

beloved57

Ye heard the word of Truth !

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Religionist think Paul is teaching that men dead in sin, without spiritual life, some how heard the word of Truth, but thats contrary to the truth. The word of Truth can only be heard [spiritually] by those who have been born of God. That means an implementation of Salvation has occured and spiritual hearing of truth is capable. Jesus says who hears the truth Jn 18:37

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

One cant hear truth without being of the Truth !

The Truth here is Christ Himself, remember what He said Jn 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

beloved57

Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

In the greek it reads:

πᾶς ὁ ὢν ἐκ τῆς ἀληθείας ἀκούει μου τῆς φωνῆς

The word ek a prep denoting out of , they which are out of the Truth, which is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6

λέγει αὐτῷ ὁ Ἰησοῦς Ἐγώ εἰμι ἡ ὁδὸς κα ἡ ἀλήθεια καὶ ἡ ζωή οὐδεὶς ἔρχεται πρὸς τὸν πατέρα εἰ μὴ δι᾽ ἐμοῦ

Being born out of Christ, the Word of God, the incorruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

These born again ones are Christ's seed Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand

Christs Spiritual seed, born out of Him by His Spirit hear His voice in the Gospel.

Nanja

Ye heard the word of Truth !

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Religionist think Paul is teaching that men dead in sin, without spiritual life, some how heard the word of Truth, but thats contrary to the truth. The word of Truth can only be heard [spiritually] by those who have been born of God. That means an implementation of Salvation has occured and spiritual hearing of truth is capable. Jesus says who hears the truth Jn 18:37

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

One cant hear truth without being of the Truth !

The Truth here is Christ Himself, remember what He said Jn 14:6

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Perfectly explained !

A person in a lost state, also known as the natural man 1 Cor. 2:14, is unable to hear / comprehend Spiritual things of which the Gospel is 1 Cor. 2:13: God's Words John 8:43, 47.

And so the trusting, hearing and believing they do are mere works of the flesh that cannot please God. Rom. 8:8.

Eph. 2:8-9

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Nanja

Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

In the greek it reads:

πᾶς ὁ ὢν ἐκ τῆς ἀληθείας ἀκούει μου τῆς φωνῆς

The word ek a prep denoting out of , they which are out of the Truth, which is Jesus Christ Jn 14:6

λέγει αὐτῷ ὁ Ἰησοῦς Ἐγώ εἰμι ἡ ὁδὸς κα ἡ ἀλήθεια καὶ ἡ ζωή οὐδεὶς ἔρχεται πρὸς τὸν πατέρα εἰ μὴ δι᾽ ἐμοῦ

Being born out of Christ, the Word of God, the incorruptible seed 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

These born again ones are Christ's seed Isa 53:10

Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand

Christs Spiritual seed, born out of Him by His Spirit hear His voice in the Gospel.

Amen, excellent illustration !

Being born out of the Truth, born again, is a prerequisite to having the spiritual ability to Hear His Voice John 10:27, the Word of Truth in the Gospel Eph. 1:13.

beloved57

nanja

Being born out of the Truth, born again, is a prerequisite to having the spiritual ability to Hear His Voice John 10:27

Absolutely ! Remember Jn 8:47

He that is of [ek] God hears God's words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God.

Nanja

nanja

Absolutely ! Remember Jn 8:47

He that is of [ek] God hears God's words: you therefore hear them not, because you are not of God.

Yep, as a matter of fact, that specific verse John 8:47 immediately came to mind when reading your post! ☺

MennoSota

John 10:14-18,24-30
[14]“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
[15]just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.
[16]I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.
[17]“The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.
[18]No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”
[24]The people surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
[25]Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name.
[26]But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep.
[27]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
[28]I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
[29]for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.
[30]The Father and I are one.”

MennoSota

The gospel...
John 10:14-18,24-30
[14]“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,
[15]just as my Father knows me and I know the Father. So I sacrifice my life for the sheep.
[16]I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.
[17]“The Father loves me because I sacrifice my life so I may take it back again.
[18]No one can take my life from me. I sacrifice it voluntarily. For I have the authority to lay it down when I want to and also to take it up again. For this is what my Father has commanded.”
[24]The people surrounded him and asked, “How long are you going to keep us in suspense? If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.”
[25]Jesus replied, “I have already told you, and you don’t believe me. The proof is the work I do in my Father’s name.
[26]But you don’t believe me because you are not my sheep.
[27]My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
[28]I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
[29]for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.
[30]The Father and I are one.”

beloved57

The hearing ear and seeing eye are creations/made of the Lord !

Prov 20:12

The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them.

The word for made asah means:

1. to do, fashion, accomplish, make
    1. (Qal)
      1. to do, work, make, produce
        1. to do
        2. to work
        3. to deal (with)
        4. to act, act with effect, effect

Its a creation word, its the word used in Gen 1:7,25,26

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Just as the Lord created/made the natural ear for hearing and natural eye for seeing, He makes the spiritual ear for hearing and spiritual eye for seeing.

Man naturally doesnt have spiritual hearing, they cant hear Gods word spiritually as Jesus told some jews dead in sin here Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

The word cannot doesnt mean will not, but cannot as in dont have the ability.

Now of course the inability of not being able to hear Gods word spiritually will manifest itself in the spiritually dead sinner not being willing to hear. The not willing to hear Gods words proves that the person still has spiritually dead uncircumsied ears Acts 7:51

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Lets us not be self righteous here and suppose this applies to only them jews, but its applicable to all of us by nature, unregenerate in the flesh !

Before one can hear the Gospel spiritually, which is Gods word, they cannot have Faith, simply because Faith comes by the ability to hear Gods word spiritually Rom 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And the ability to hear comes by the creation of God Prov 20:12

12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them.

Nanja

beloved57

Just as the Lord created/made the natural ear for hearing and natural eye for seeing, He makes the spiritual ear for hearing and spiritual eye for seeing.

Man naturally doesnt have spiritual hearing, they cant hear Gods word spiritually as Jesus told some jews dead in sin here Jn 8:43

43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

The word cannot doesnt mean will not, but cannot as in dont have the ability.

Now of course the inability of not being able to hear Gods word spiritually will manifest itself in the spiritually dead sinner not being willing to hear. The not willing to hear Gods words proves that the person still has spiritually dead uncircumsied ears Acts 7:51

Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Lets us not be self righteous here and suppose this applies to only them jews, but its applicable to all of us by nature, unregenerate in the flesh !

Before one can hear the Gospel spiritually, which is Gods word, they cannot have Faith, simply because Faith comes by the ability to hear Gods word spiritually Rom 10:17

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

And the ability to hear comes by the creation of God Prov 20:12

12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them.

Amen ! The word "made" being a Creation Word in Prov. 20:12, demonstrates how Christ creates Faith in all His Elect or Sheep exclusively, those chosen in Him by the Father before the foundation; giving them the ability to Spiritually hear His Voice John 10:27 ; John 8:47a in the Gospel 1 Cor. 2:13, because before then they can't Believe on Him because Faith comes by Spiritual Hearing Rom. 10:17, being Born of the Spirit John 16:13a.

Rom. 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

P.S. TY Brother for Feeding this Sheep over so many years ! ☺

Last edited:

beloved57

beloved57

Amen ! The word "made" being a Creation Word in Prov. 20:12, demonstrates how Christ creates Faith in all His Elect or Sheep exclusively, those chosen in Him by the Father before the foundation; giving them the ability to Spiritually hear His Voice John 10:27 ; John 8:47a in the Gospel 1 Cor. 2:13, because before then they can't Believe on Him because Faith comes by Spiritual Hearing Rom. 10:17, being Born of the Spirit John 16:13a.

Rom. 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

P.S. TY Brother for Feeding this Sheep over so many years ! ☺

I Praise the Lord for you !

Status
Not open for further replies.