Pope Seeks to Ban Death Penalty

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[Pope Seeks to Ban Death Penalty Proclaiming the Gospel Ministries] :eek:linger: "Pope Francis has called on Catholic leaders to seek a ban on the death penalty exclaiming that 'Thou shall not kill applies to the guilty as well as the innocent'. The Pontiff asked politicians around the world to make 'a courageous and exemplary gesture' during the Church's current Holy Year. He said: 'I appeal to the consciences of those who govern to reach an international consensus to abolish the death penalty. He said: 'All Christians and men of good will are called on to work not only for the abolition of the death penalty, but also to improve prison conditions so that they respect the human dignity of people who have been deprived of their freedom.' In the past, the pope also denounced life imprisonment, calling it 'a hidden death penalty' and saying that more should be done to try to rehabilitate even the most hardened of criminals. Read more.

[Mike Gendron Comment] Once again, the pope shows either his ignorance of God's Word or his unwillingness to submit to its authority. Before the law was given, God established and ordered capital punishment upon any man who took another man's life unlawfully. His infallible Word declares: "Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image" (Gen. 9:6). By divine authority, the government has the right and responsibility to inflict capital punishment (Rom. 13:1-4; Acts 25:11)." Pro-Gospel.org

Also see:

God and The Death Penalty by Bob Enyart

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The death penalty is a necessary, though bitter, mechanism of human government. Whether people want to admit it or not- or acknowledge the looming elephant if you will, the only countries that have banned the death penalty are countries who don't have much crime anyway or whose societies are relatively serene.

They didn't ban the death penalty until that state came, in fact. So it's hypocritical, and dubious, for such people to be pointing fingers at others. It's also pretty ridiculous for the Pope to be doing the same. If I were Catholic, I'd be a very disappointed with a leader who offers shall and shall nots with no actual solutions to actual problems.
I almost wish the Catholic Church would go back to it's more archaic self, and stop being a puppeteer to liberal emotion. But then I would actually have to take Catholics seriously :rolleyes:

theophilus

Maybe the Pope should volunteer Vatican resources to feed all the extra prisoners. Heck, he could house them there, too.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Maybe the Pope should volunteer Vatican resources to feed all the extra prisoners. Heck, he could house them there, too.
If we were to follow his teaching, :eek:linger: we'd have more: murder, adultery and rape not less. :Shimei: But isn't that what he really wants?
lips.gif
Re 17:5

theophilus

If we were to follow his teaching, :eek:linger: we'd have more: murder, adultery and rape not less. :Shimei: But isn't that what he really wants?
lips.gif
Re 17:5

I'm not 100% sure mystery Babylon is Rome. 7 hills - yes. On many waters - No.

And yes, I think the newest Pope is a poster child for "let's run amok."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm gonna E-Mail the "Archdiocese of Rome" this evening. GM has some clout with the higher ups. I'll set them straight, or my name isn't Grosnick Marowbe.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The irony is that he is appointed to die twice. He is outside the faith and the worst RCC leader in my short lifetime.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Edom is Esau.

Is Rome???

I'm going to have to think through that.

Edomites are white people. We are born 'red', which was a deliberate comparison between what became Edom and the fact that all mankind has a 'red tint'- as 'Adam' means such.
Having origins South of the Black Sea- and ultimately from Turkish DNA, we share their recessive genes.

But
Rome is Babylon. It's right there on the Pope hat, and in their pagan temples, and the very hills they sit on were established by Babylonian tyrants.
In fact, there was nothing less Babylonian than Rome until the Late Ages- it was 'Most Holy' and, with the feudal system, placed the Pope above kings.

If you had access to the Bible, and were asked the question 'what is Babylon', you're answer would have been:

Rome.

Plain and simple- all the Reformers unanimously agreed :rolleyes: