Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow

This stuff is kinda a mixed bag for me. I've done a wide assortment of drugs, including the needle stuff that BillyBob wisely avoided. And I know that marijuana does not result in "reefer madness" type scenarios. I did simple idiotic stuff when I smoked it, but I did that when I got drunk too.

If it weren't illegal, it would be the easiest thing for me to slip back into. Pretending that I don't like the effects would be a lie. I loved them.

The worst thing that marijuana produced in me is a "don't give a damn" attitude. Don't feel like going to work? Call off, it's not that big of a deal. Don't feel like washing clothes? The one's from yesterday aren't all that bad. Hakuna matata. Kick back on the couch and enjoy.

I'm sure that isn't the case for everyone.

I wish I had back some of the hours I spent smoking grass. I wish I had spent them with my father, instead of hanging out with a bunch of jackasses that seemed so funny when I was stoned.

Everyone who smokes grass and does drugs isn't going to ruin their entire life. But they are losing other things while they do, and aiding those who will not be able to control themselves in messing up. And we don't know who those people are.

I still have some friends that are stoners. I don't participate, and I don't hang out with them when they do. But it's tempting. Some of them are truly intelligent and entertaining, and they don't seem to let it interfere with their lives. Some people I know only smoke occasionally, and they don't drive or endanger others when they do.

I know of a marriage right now that is on the rocks, papers already filed, because a woman "thinks" she is taking care of her kids when she's stoned but her husband sees a different picture. He sees his wife hanging out with her scroungy buddies getting stoned, and his son taking it all in. He won't tolerate it, and it's causing grief for the whole family, myself included, because he is a relative.

Could I smoke grass and not screw my life up again? Maybe. But it's not worth the risk for me. Because when someone started pulling out the other recreational chemicals, I would be very tempted. And I'm a huge fan of instant gratification.

Marijuana put a big damper on common sense when I smoked it. I doubt that I'm the only one who experienced that. So I'll avoid it for that reason, and because it's illegal. Another reason I can think of, and I'm not going to pretend that I'm "holy" enough that this is the primary motivation in my case but it's a good one, is that I am a member of the body of Christ. My friends all know that. How do I represent Him if I'm sitting around taking illegal drugs, acting like a stoned giggling horses butt? Not very well, I'm afraid.

Context

the Sibbie

:thumb:

The worst thing that marijuana produced in me is a "don't give a damn" attitude. Don't feel like going to work? Call off, it's not that big of a deal. Don't feel like washing clothes? The one's from yesterday aren't all that bad. Hakuna matata. Kick back on the couch and enjoy.
I'm like athat all the time and I don't even need any drugs to induce that! :eek:

the Sibbie

:thumb:

I'm like athat all the time and I don't even need any drugs to induce that! :eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Good one, Crow!

I'm a big fan of instant gratification, myself, but I have no desire to do drugs. If I want to feel high I can always skip sleep.:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.