Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Prolifeguyswife said:
This tragic story has everything that's wrong with America - public school danger, parental failure, and the violation of rights.

You've likely read or heard about the recent story of a 15-year-old girl, brutally gang raped for 2 1/2 hours during her public school homecoming dance.

This is a horrible tragedy, and I hold the ideals (non-ideals? general sissy attributes?) of you moral relativists responsible.

The tragedy is not just the vile, evil actions of the rapists. No, the tragedy encompasses the apathy of the 15-20 kids who WATCHED. Did not go for help, did not scream on behalf of this poor girl, did not try to stop the rape in any way.

Those of you who believe that there is no right or wrong - you are raising or will raise children just like those cowards who watched! All of whom deserve to be punished just like the rapists! Or perhaps yours will be the ones inflicting the damage. After all, if there's no right and wrong, what was done to this girl is perfectly acceptable, right?

I am working so hard to raise the kind of young women that would run and scream for help. The kind of son that, even at his own peril, would take on the 20 men taking turns with this girl single-handedly if necessary. If I raise a coward, I am a failure. If I fail to teach my children not to sit silently while someone is suffering right next to them, I have wasted my life and theirs.

What kind of horrible people are today's parents producing? Where is the basic, common decency?

One "expert" on CNN shocked me when he delved into the "gang mentality" and said he was nearly certain that had only one person spoken up and tried to stop them, they would have run away! Only one! There were close to 20 silent witnesses who could have spared this poor young woman the trauma and terror that will color the rest of her life.

I defy even one of you moral relativists to defend your beliefs. There is no defense for cowardice - whether it be cowardice in refusing to take a moral stand, or one in defense of others.
"Broad minded is just another way of saying a fellow's too lazy to form an opinion." - Will Rogers

Excellent comments, Plgw, regarding a very tragic story.

Context

Status
Not open for further replies.