Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by la rubia
I messed around in wicca just a little bit as a teenager- didn't get too deep into it, just studied it a little and messed around. It took the focus off of the one true God for me, and my desperate need for Him that was inside of me. I later moved on to Santeria, and as Freak knows quite well, I had some very very ugly demonic experiences- even around the time I was interested and involved in wicca. They (other religions and beliefs) are nothing more than a cheap counterfeit (I have learned from personal experiences) of the supernatural powers of our God. Not to mention the peace that cannot even be explained or described that comes from only one source (my God), the solid truth that can always be trusted in- tried and true, the happiness- true happiness that only He provides, that lasts and lasts (that doesn't just come and go), the restoration, regeneration, and REBIRTH from a life that underneath it all has really no value and no meaning- it's all just in vain. Oh, did I forget the love? Yeah, there's love, too. And knowing that you are not alone, that our own God came down to walk as a man on our level and overcame, not to mention that he died a cruel and gruesome death that he did not deserve, and left His own tomb empty, and that He never leaves us nor forsakes us. Oh, and did I mention that he came to set free captives? Yeah. If we could follow all the rules and just be good, well, then we would have not a very big need for Him. Many of us prefer Him because He has set us free from things we never thought we would be free from, and He has been near to our broken hearts and spirits. Many of us have been physically and emotionally completely healed and made new again, and we have seen the power that once raised the dead at work in our lives.
You can argue with me until you are blue in the face, I don't really care. I expect that you will. I do not validate wicca in any way, nor will I. As I have said before, it is nothing more than a cheap (and I mean CHEAP) counterfeit of the real deal. I'm an all or nothing at all kind of girl, and I prefer the real thing. I can tell you experiences I have had before I knew who Jesus was that would make your hair turn kinky and your eyes pop out, and I can tell you from experience that I prefer my Jesus over any wanna-be god/demon any day. Wanna try the supernatural? Try MY God on for size. I hope that one day you get to experience and see for yourself the supernatural POWER of my God. When you do, I promise you, you will accept no substitution.
My opinions are based on my experiences.

And I saved the best for last. I thought her last line deserved special recognition.
I knew before I read the bible... the bible just confirmed it and cemented it for me, about all these things I just mentioned.

Man just knows!
Romans 1:20 "For since the creation of the world God's invisible attributes are CLEARLY seen being understood by the things that are made even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse."

Way to go La Rubia!! :thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.