Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by julie21
Originally posted by Elohiym

Elohiym:Yeah, that would be like what John said in the Bible. What a crackpot he was!

No, John wasn't a crackpot at all, because if you choose to look at the verses preceding IJohn 4:7 that you posted, you would invariably have come across 1John 3:23, which states;
"And this is his commandment. That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment"
Notice these words...

That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ

And does Gerald do this???
If you are going to throw verses out of your corner of the ring, then look at the whole of the canvas God has put there for you, not just your little area of the ring.

Yes,I did have love...I knew who God was, I knew what He wanted me to do, be, all of that, but I chose to ignore it all. I had love for those around me, and was basically a great person to most, BUT I DID NOT BELIEVE ON THE NAME OF JESUS,therefore, I was not a
a Christian.
Your quote of 1John4:7, if you read it in context with the rest of 1John, refers to those 'already' in Christ, as you would see in 1John 4:6.
Originally posted by Elohiym
Elohiym - Do John's words want to make you vomit?

What gets me cross [not to vomit] is when people take only 'portions' of John's words - or any of the Gospel, and twist them into what they want to prove by not giving the whole body of the Truth that lies therein!.

:first:
Context

I know, I know. I'm picking this a day late. Why?
Because I can.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Julie's fitting right in, ain't she?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by lighthouse

Julie's fitting right in, ain;t she?
Yea she is... kinda strange because usually those from "down under" are normally :kookoo:.

Very refreshing!

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I tried to edit my post, because I used ";" instead of "'".:doh Then I realized what forum this is.:mad:

Anyway, I wouldn't know. firechyld's the only other person from Oz I've ever gotten to know, and I didn't want to assume they were all jst as nuts as she is.:eek: Besides, Rebecca St. James and the Newsboys all seem fine. Well, the Newsboys who are actually from Australia. [one's a hoosier]

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER

:eek: Thankyou guys...in our Aussie defence, :kookoo: isn't necessarily limited to nationality...

:shocked: I did not need to see that. :help:

Good POTD by the way. :up:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

:eek: Thankyou guys...in our Aussie defence, :kookoo: isn't necessarily limited to nationality...
Oh trust me we have MORE than oour share of knuckle-heads in the USA. But that isn't what I meant.

I was specifically referring to TOL. At TOL we have had literally dozens of Aussies that have been regular participants on TOL over the years and almost all of them have been left wing nut balls! In fact, I remember starting a thread a few years back that was titled something like..... "Are all Aussies left wing goofballs?"

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Okay... now can someone please get rid of that picture... of that... pig/monkey/humanoid? (Really, he looks like a mix of those, doesn't he?)

Status
Not open for further replies.