'Political Correctness'

anna

I like to use the masculine pronoun because I am not offended with the usage and it helps me to understand what I am reading when I read older texts. The problem I have is that I am sometimes encouraged to feel as if I should be offended when I am not.

Cliffracer RIP

I don't like political correctness beacause it's censorship. If someone wants to say something, they should say it so we know what they stand for.

lovemeorhateme

GayChristian said:
I find typically that people who have a problem with inclusive language do so because they have trouble with the people who make up the diverse world that we live in. God forbid they should take a moment to consider that what we say matters. If we were to make those same people start talking and writing from the vantage point that "she" was the "prefered" pronoun, or that the world was predominantly black, asian, or anything BUT white and/or if they only saw or heard things where the straights were not included, but ignored---etc. Things would change. All of a sudden all of those poor things who are so tired of having to think about people other than themselves would be fighting the war of inclusion and diversity.

Are you from one of those 'inclusive churches?' The ones that use 'inclusive language,' 'inclusive bibles,' and change the words of songs if they portray God as male?

:rolleyes:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
GayChristian said:
I find typically that people who have a problem with inclusive language do so because they have trouble with the people who make up the diverse world that we live in. God forbid they should take a moment to consider that what we say matters. If we were to make those same people start talking and writing from the vantage point that "she" was the "prefered" pronoun, or that the world was predominantly black, asian, or anything BUT white and/or if they only saw or heard things where the straights were not included, but ignored---etc. Things would change. All of a sudden all of those poor things who are so tired of having to think about people other than themselves would be fighting the war of inclusion and diversity.
:blabla:

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
GayChristian said:

You seem to have a pretty low opinion of society in general, GC. To me, political correctness is government sanctioned lying just so you don't offend a minority group. You cannot force people to be tactful without having it eventually slap you in the face.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Cliffracer RIP said:
I don't like political correctness beacause it's censorship. If someone wants to say something, they should say it so we know what they stand for.
Why do you think censorship is practiced by your fellow left wingers so frequently on college campuses? Conservative speakers constantly get their speeches disrupted, pies thrown in their faces, etc.

koban

Jefferson said:
Why do you think censorship is practiced by your fellow left wingers so frequently on college campuses? Conservative speakers constantly get their speeches disrupted, pies thrown in their faces, etc.

Because they're hypocrites?

It's not about free speech - it's about promoting their view.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
koban said:
Because they're hypocrites?
BINGO! They can be offensive as a matter of "free speech." You cannot because it's discriminatory or some such nonsense.
It's not about free speech - it's about promoting their view.
Another BINGO! Not only promoting their view, but prohibiting the promoting of any opposing view.