'Political Correctness'

lovemeorhateme

Is anyone else around here sick of hearing of 'political correctness'?

It seems like a contradiction in terms anyway.. if something is political, there's a damned good chance it isn't correct!!!

koban

lovemeorhateme said:

It seems like a contradiction in terms anyway.. if something is political, there's a damned good chance it isn't correct!!!

There's a popular TV show here called "Politically Incorrect".

So you see, political correctness is good for one thing!

Mocking! :banana:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
koban said:
Kinda like Skreppie and Apologist and Letsargue and Hilston and Squeaky and .....
...everybody who ain't as "All That" as you, right...? :banana:

Highline

Ask the Dixie Chicks about political correctness. They something that wasn't politically correct and got death threats for two years.

Gerald

Resident Fiend
Highline said:
Ask the Dixie Chicks about political correctness. They something that wasn't politically correct and got death threats for two years.
The fact that it was only threats shows a serious dearth of testicular fortitude among their detractors...

Gerald

Resident Fiend
koban said:
That sounds awfully judgemental. :think:
So what? If you're bigger or better-armed than the other guy you can be as judgmental as you want! :devil:

anna

lovemeorhateme said:

May we all say good bye to the herd mentality and become social deviates. :thumb:

Real Sorceror

So you dont like "political correctness"?

What exactly would you like to be saying that other people feel is offensive?

B1sh0p

lovemeorhateme said:
Is anyone else around here sick of hearing of 'political correctness'? It seems like a contradiction in terms anyway.. if something is political, there's a damned good chance it isn't correct!!!

Yes. I wish it would go away completely. Its pseudo academic(Like deconstructionism) and was refuted by one of the most non-republican intellects namely Allan Bloom 'Closing Of The American Mind'. He was an excellent scholar. I think I might re-read his work again.

anna

Real Sorceror said:
So you dont like "political correctness"?

What exactly would you like to be saying that other people feel is offensive?

If I want to use the word Asian or Chinese or the masculine pronoun in term papers instead of the word person or he/she, I should be allowed to. It gets to be a bit frustrating.

As long as I am not going around trying to pick a fight with anybody, I shouldn't feel the need to be ashamed or afraid to even speak. It gets to be ridiculus so I call myself a social deviate rightfully because I choose not to allow social norms to pressure me to think like a robot instead of having the freedom of thought and expression.

I'm just wierd and proud of it :)

GayChristian

BANNED
Banned
I find typically that people who have a problem with inclusive language do so because they have trouble with the people who make up the diverse world that we live in. God forbid they should take a moment to consider that what we say matters. If we were to make those same people start talking and writing from the vantage point that "she" was the "prefered" pronoun, or that the world was predominantly black, asian, or anything BUT white and/or if they only saw or heard things where the straights were not included, but ignored---etc. Things would change. All of a sudden all of those poor things who are so tired of having to think about people other than themselves would be fighting the war of inclusion and diversity.