?Political Correctness Paving the way to Acceptance of Depravity?

bybee

We now live in an era in which we are not allowed to voice our opinions if they may be found to be negative or judgmental about any given behavior being exhibited openly in society.
So far child abuse, bestiality and incest are still frowned upon.
So the Church, so far, is not required to bless a marriage between a man and a donkey.
The words PORK and BACON are rapidly becoming anathema in public because they offend the sensibilities of Muslims.
Funny thing, the Jews don't eat pork yet they have never presumed to tell the rest of us that we can't eat it.
Buddhists are mostly vegetarian yet they have not presumed to tell the rest of us that we cannot eat meat.
When I was a young girl teenagers who broke the law were regarded as Hooligans and were dealt with summarily! No allowances were made for their color or their socioeconomic status or their pathetic home-life.
A baby born out of wedlock carried the stigma of being a fatherless child born to a foolish if not immoral female.
The government did not pay for our loose morals, stupidity, addictions and laziness.
Children were expected to behave in public and be respectful to their elders.
It was not okay to use vulgar, derogatory language in public.
I believe in the separation of Church and State guaranteed by our Constitution. If the State legalizes a variety of unions then those unions are binding as law. That doesn't mean that every citizen agrees or approves.
Our freedom of Speech, also guaranteed under our Constitution, gives us the right to speak our disapproval and/or concern out-loud in the public arena... or does it?
We are fast losing the right to show our disapproval of any behavior being manifest in public by anyone.
Displaying the American Flag has been contested and banned in increasing numbers because it offends some persons.
WAIT!!! This is America, isn't it? And our flag is and has been a symbol of our Country has it not?
It is okay to burn the flag, urinate and defecate on it but it is not okay to let it wave from your balcony in a condominium?
Violence is okay when perpetrated by some groups in our society but other groups may not even open their mouths to utter the slightest sign of disapproval of behavior by other groups or individuals?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We now live in an era in which we are not allowed to voice our opinions if they may be found to be negative or judgmental about any given behavior being exhibited openly in society.
So far child abuse, bestiality and incest are still frowned upon.
So the Church, so far, is not required to bless a marriage between a man and a donkey.
The words PORK and BACON are rapidly becoming anathema in public because they offend the sensibilities of Muslims.
Funny thing, the Jews don't eat pork yet they have never presumed to tell the rest of us that we can't eat it.
Buddhists are mostly vegetarian yet they have not presumed to tell the rest of us that we cannot eat meat.
When I was a young girl teenagers who broke the law were regarded as Hooligans and were dealt with summarily! No allowances were made for their color or their socioeconomic status or their pathetic home-life.
A baby born out of wedlock carried the stigma of being a fatherless child born to a foolish if not immoral female.
The government did not pay for our loose morals, stupidity, addictions and laziness.
I believe in the separation of Church and State guaranteed by our Constitution. If the State legalizes a variety of unions then those unions are binding as law. That doesn't mean that every citizen agrees or approves.
Our freedom of Speech, also guaranteed under our Constitution, gives us the right to speak our disapproval and/or concern out-loud in the public arena... or does it?
We are fast losing the right to show our disapproval of any behavior being manifest in public by anyone.
Displaying the American Flag has been contested and banned in increasing numbers because it offends some persons.
WAIT!!! This is America, isn't it? And our flag is and has been a symbol of our Country has it not?
It is okay to burn the flag, urinate and defecate on it but it is not okay to let it wave from your balcony in a condominium?
Violence is okay when perpetrated by some groups in our society but other groups may not even open their mouths to utter the slightest sign of disapproval of behavior by other groups or individuals?

http://www.amazon.com/Way-We-Never-...5045610&sr=1-1&keywords=the+way+we+never+were

"Society is going to the dogs!"
--Opinions of folks all through history

bybee

Dogs often commit homosexual acts and they attack my leg (bestiality). They would also have no qualms about peeing on the flag.

True
Perhaps I expect something a cut above in human behavior.
Dogs are not citizens, at least not yet.

Jose Fly

You're not? Since when?

Do you live in the US? If so, have you been paying attention the last....oh 30 years or so? Haven't you noticed how the US stacks up against the rest of the world in terms of incarceration rates, or how disproportionately minorities are locked up compared to whites?

Ah yeah....the good ol' days when the pregnant woman was shunned and treated like the slut she is, while the father went about his merry way.

Well, at the very least I guess that's a nice summary of old-person right-wing complaining points. What's next? Gonna complain about those kids who won't stay off your lawn? :chuckle:

resodko

BANNED
Banned
Ah yeah....the good ol' days when the pregnant woman was shunned and treated like the slut she is, while the father went about his merry way.

not if the father of the pregnant woman had anything to say about it

ShotgunWedding.jpg

Jose Fly

Well I suppose then bybee's community could shun and ostracize the father, mother, and child. Ruin their lives forever! That'll learn 'em.

bybee

Well I suppose then bybee's community could shun and ostracize the father, mother, and child. Ruin their lives forever! That'll learn 'em.

That is not at all what I said nor is it my belief.
You are guilty of leaping to the worst possible conclusion because I have made statements which offend you.
A child deserves to enter the world as a desired and prepared for person. That doesn't always happen.
Today a woman is very capable of caring for a child on her own. If she chooses that path I respect her right to choose.
I have no respect for the man who impregnates a female with no care for protection and no intention of behaving in a responsible manner.
I have four daughters. I told them any child that you bring to this family is always welcome and I shall love her or him with all of my heart.
They have not always been married to the father of a child but have managed to have relatively civil communication.
I am conservative but I am not inhumane.

bybee

You're not? Since when?

Do you live in the US? If so, have you been paying attention the last....oh 30 years or so? Haven't you noticed how the US stacks up against the rest of the world in terms of incarceration rates, or how disproportionately minorities are locked up compared to whites?

Well, at the very least I guess that's a nice summary of old-person right-wing complaining points. What's next? Gonna complain about those kids who won't stay off your lawn? :chuckle:

This is the typical patronizing, sarcastic and demeaning response one has come to expect from some in the liberal camp.
I have made some statements expressing my concern for our society. I have not intended to harm anyone or put anyone down. Over the years I have gathered some wisdom, seen some successes and witnessed many failures, some of them my own.
My three neighbor girls always play on my lawn. I love them and enjoy hearing their voices at play.
Try getting off your high horse and address me with a modicum of civility.

Jose Fly

That is not at all what I said nor is it my belief.
You are guilty of leaping to the worst possible conclusion because I have made statements which offend you.
A child deserves to enter the world as a desired and prepared for person. That doesn't always happen.
Today a woman is very capable of caring for a child on her own. If she chooses that path I respect her right to choose.
I have no respect for the man who impregnates a female with no care for protection and no intention of behaving in a responsible manner.
I have four daughters. I told them any child that you bring to this family is always welcome and I shall love her or him with all of my heart.
They have not always been married to the father of a child but have managed to have relatively civil communication.
I am conservative but I am not inhumane.
So what sort of "stigma" are you wishing society would pin on single mothers and their children?

Last edited:

Jose Fly

Try getting off your high horse and address me with a modicum of civility.
Again, try paying attention to reality. The facts aren't quite what you make them out to be. No one is restricting your freedom to voice your opinions, and the US locks up way more of our population (disproportionately minorities) than any other country.

Your complaining comes across as "the world is changing around me and I don't like it" combined with "back in my day....".

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I will never understand stigmatizing a child. They are innocent. Stigmatizing children goes against my stance as an anti-abortion, pro-child advocate.

Also, how is a father who impregnated the girl not considered as immoral as the female?

bybee

Again, try paying attention to reality. The facts aren't quite what you make them out to be. No one is restricting your freedom to voice your opinions, and the US locks up way more of our population (disproportionately minorities) than any other country.

Your complaining comes across as "the world is changing around me and I don't like it" combined with "back in my day....".

That is what you have chosen as your narrow focus.
My family is multiracial. I have a vested interest in keeping minorities within the mainstream.
Some of the change are good and some of them are detrimental to our well being. When I quote "back in my day" it is to give an historical comparison. It doesn't mean that I would go backward.
I'm a retired nurse. I am in awe of the progress which medical science has made in the curing of disease and the alleviating of suffering.
What I see as very detrimental is the idea that minorities need concessions to get ahead. That is patronizing and demeaning.
But, minorities have certainly needed some concessions to accommodate situations which have been traditionally beyond their control.

Jose Fly

Well then, your OP isn't making much sense.

You complain about not being able to voice your opinions.....as you voice your opinions.

You complain about lawbreaking teens not being locked up enough, especially minorities who apparently just have "allowances" made for them.....even though we lock up more of our population than any other country, especially minorities.

You complain about single mothers and their children not being stigmatized any more....but you won't say what stigma you want to impose on them.

Then you complain about not being free to voice your disapproval....as you voice your disapproval.

So I'm wondering....what's your point? Just having a bad day and needed to rant?

bybee

Well then, your OP isn't making much sense.

You complain about not being able to voice your opinions.....as you voice your opinions.

You complain about lawbreaking teens not being locked up enough, especially minorities who apparently just have "allowances" made for them.....even though we lock up more of our population than any other country, especially minorities.

You complain about single mothers and their children not being stigmatized any more....but you won't say what stigma you want to impose on them.

Then you complain about not being free to voice your disapproval....as you voice your disapproval.

So I'm wondering....what's your point? Just having a bad day and needed to rant?

Perhaps....

Tinark

Where are you getting this bizzare idea that using the words pork and bacon are offensive and that there is a group of scary Muslims telling us not to eat it? If anything, the culture has become more obsessive about bacon than ever in the last 5 years or so.

Also, last time I checked, we still have the highest percent of our people in prison, more than North Korea, China, and Iran. Furthermore, minorities are still disproportionately imprisoned (even when you control for frequency of crimes committed).

My advice is to stay away from the right wing propaganda sites spreading falsehoods and exaggerations. You lap up such lies way too easily.