Planning on Living Old Folks Life

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Thinking this summer, to sell my home and move full-time into ‘adult only’ condo. They have all I need: swimming pool, gulf course, shuffleboard, bingo and bridge. What’s more, they are very close to Walmart, my favorite shopping. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Piggly Wiggly and Winn-Dixie, but they do not have it all like Walmart!

There are also lots of bait shops in case I get frisky and there are some nice gun shops for all my defense needs. There is a number of mobile home parks nearby in case I wish to go yard sale shopping, or just want to chat with plain ole folks.

I have a place now, as some of you know, but it belongs to two parties and it does not have all the ‘old folks’ amenities, such as blue bus service and home help, or as they call it, assisted care. The great thing about this place is when you move in you have the same as any 55+ community, independent living and there is no extra cost over than the home owners association fees. Then when one gets real old, without having to move, they sign you up for assisted living, where you pay a higher fee for services. Good thing is, a good Medicare Health policy pays most of it; it is not like having to worry which healthcare plan wins out.

I can see it now, Sunday, church and then brunch with the Golden Girls; Monday, Bingo, Tuesday, puttering around the golf course and maybe some afternoon swimming; Wednesday, Walmart shopping! Thursday, shuffleboard, maybe some swimming; Friday, a day to do different unplanned things, and Saturday, Bridge.

Why should I have it so good? Because I’m worth it

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You are worth it, Kat! You deserve to be able to live without having to worry about who is going to take care of you.

Yes, I have my kids, but if I needed daily care, it would be better. Who knows, living longer than I once expected, I may end up living to a very old :idunno:age and have to be carried from place to place. :idunno:

Hope I am able to putter around te gulf course a long time. Swim too :up:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Yes, I have my kid, but if I needed daily care, it would be better. Who knows, living longer than I once expected, I may end up living to a very old :idunno:age and have to be carried from place to place. :idunno:

Hope I am able to putter around te gulf course a long time. Swim too :up:

definitely get yerself one of these:

SedanChairDrawing.jpg

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm getting a new car :car:

Never did get a new car, too cheap, you know.

M house i way too big and I do not really need my own pool. Swimming season is longer in Florida.

Next year, I may look for a condo in Atlanta; you may know I have a little condo in Florida?