PETER AND PAUL PREACHED THE SAME GOSPEL

DougE

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Paul preached the gospel of God. Paul was called to be the apostle to the Gentiles (1 Timothy 2:7).

The gospel of God is the progressive revelation found in the scriptures that reveal salvation. The gospel of God starts in Genesis 3:15. The gospel of God reveals that Jesus, according to the flesh, is of the seed of David and that the resurrection declares him to be the Son of God. The gospel of God reveals the obedience to the faith for the name of Jesus.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Peter also preached the gospel of God.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life; they were to believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:31 1 John 3:23).

Israel did not receive Jesus; Israel, outside of a small believing remnant, did not receive him as their King, the Messiah, the Son of God (Romans 9:27).

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Peter was preaching Jesus as the Son of God by his resurrection according to the gospel of God.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Peter was preaching that David spoke of Jesus as being of his seed and spoke of the resurrection of Jesus according to the gospel of God.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Peter is preaching the remission of sins through the name of Jesus according to the gospel of God.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

After the conversion of Paul, he went to the synagogues and preached Jesus is the Son of God according to the gospel of God (Acts 9:20). The first passage in the epistle of Romans is likewise the gospel of God.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Paul is preaching that Jesus by his resurrection is the Son of God according to the gospel of God.

Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Paul is preaching the resurrection according to the gospel of God. Paul is preaching that Jesus is Christ, which Israel did not receive.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul preached his gospel, which was revealed only to Paul by Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:12). Paul preached Jesus, not only by the gospel of God, but by the mystery. The mystery was not found in the scriptures. The mystery was not revealed to Peter nor did Peter preach it.

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul preached Jesus Christ by the mystery now made manifest (Romans 16:25); Paul also preached Jesus Christ by the scriptures (Romans 16:26).

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Paul preached below the gospel revealed to him by Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus's death and resurrection could be found in the scriptures, but that it would provide atonement and justification freely to all who believed was not (Romans 3:24).

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

The law and the prophets revealed the righteousness of God apart from the law (Jeremiah 23:6 Isaiah 43:25 Habakkuk 2:4).

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

But now is manifest the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ.

All that God required for Israel for eternal life was to believe on Jesus as their Messiah, and believe that he is the Son of God.

Peter was not given the revelations that Paul received. Peter was not preaching another gospel; Peter was preaching the gospel of God, as was Paul, and that Jesus died for the remission of sins committed by Israel under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15). Peter was preaching Jesus as the mediator of the new testament to Israel. Peter and Paul were both preaching the gospel of God, but were not preaching the same gospel. Revealed to paul was the full revelation of the atoning death on the cross and the justification provided by the resurrection, unto all who will believe.

Paul was an able minister of the new testament (2 Corinthians 3:6) but did not preach the new testament for the body of Christ. To understand the mystery, we need to understand the new testament and the idenity of Jesus, by the gospel of God, to comprehend what Jesus accomplished on our behalf by his atoning death and resurrection.

Vail Lifted

BANNED
Banned
The mystery of the gospel that has been hidden was revealed when Jesus was raised from the dead in immortal flesh. Enoch walked with God as was taken by God and never seen or touched again. Elijah was taken by God in a whirlwind and although 50 men looked for him he was not found. At some point Moses was raised from the dead and appeared in glory at the transfiguration but he quickly disappeared.

Jesus was the first of mankind to have died and been raised from the dead immortal (to die no more) and appeared to many. He was spoken with, touched, and even ate with his disciples. He spent 40 days with them before he ascended to God.

The mystery of the gospel was revealed by the man Jesus Christ. "And when he appears will shall be like him".

k0de

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

1:2 (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

1:3 Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;

1:4 And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

1:5 By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Paul preached the gospel of God. Paul was called to be the apostle to the Gentiles (1 Timothy 2:7).

The gospel of God is the progressive revelation found in the scriptures that reveal salvation. The gospel of God starts in Genesis 3:15. The gospel of God reveals that Jesus, according to the flesh, is of the seed of David and that the resurrection declares him to be the Son of God. The gospel of God reveals the obedience to the faith for the name of Jesus.

1 Peter 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Peter also preached the gospel of God.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

John 8:24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Israel was to believe on the name of Jesus for eternal life; they were to believe that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God (John 20:31 1 John 3:23).

Israel did not receive Jesus; Israel, outside of a small believing remnant, did not receive him as their King, the Messiah, the Son of God (Romans 9:27).

Acts 2:24 Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

Peter was preaching Jesus as the Son of God by his resurrection according to the gospel of God.

Acts 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

Peter was preaching that David spoke of Jesus as being of his seed and spoke of the resurrection of Jesus according to the gospel of God.

Acts 10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Peter is preaching the remission of sins through the name of Jesus according to the gospel of God.

Acts 9:20 And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.

After the conversion of Paul, he went to the synagogues and preached Jesus is the Son of God according to the gospel of God (Acts 9:20). The first passage in the epistle of Romans is likewise the gospel of God.

Acts 13:33 God hath fulfilled the same unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Paul is preaching that Jesus by his resurrection is the Son of God according to the gospel of God.

Acts 17:3 Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

Paul is preaching the resurrection according to the gospel of God. Paul is preaching that Jesus is Christ, which Israel did not receive.

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Paul preached his gospel, which was revealed only to Paul by Jesus Christ (Galatians 1:12). Paul preached Jesus, not only by the gospel of God, but by the mystery. The mystery was not found in the scriptures. The mystery was not revealed to Peter nor did Peter preach it.

Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Paul preached Jesus Christ by the mystery now made manifest (Romans 16:25); Paul also preached Jesus Christ by the scriptures (Romans 16:26).

Romans 16:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Paul preached below the gospel revealed to him by Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

15:3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

15:4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Jesus's death and resurrection could be found in the scriptures, but that it would provide atonement and justification freely to all who believed was not (Romans 3:24).

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

The law and the prophets revealed the righteousness of God apart from the law (Jeremiah 23:6 Isaiah 43:25 Habakkuk 2:4).

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

But now is manifest the righteousness of God by faith of Jesus Christ.

All that God required for Israel for eternal life was to believe on Jesus as their Messiah, and believe that he is the Son of God.

Peter was not given the revelations that Paul received. Peter was not preaching another gospel; Peter was preaching the gospel of God, as was Paul, and that Jesus died for the remission of sins committed by Israel under the first testament (Hebrews 9:15). Peter was preaching Jesus as the mediator of the new testament to Israel. Peter and Paul were both preaching the gospel of God, but were not preaching the same gospel. Revealed to paul was the full revelation of the atoning death on the cross and the justification provided by the resurrection, unto all who will believe.

Paul was an able minister of the new testament (2 Corinthians 3:6) but did not preach the new testament for the body of Christ. To understand the mystery, we need to understand the new testament and the idenity of Jesus, by the gospel of God, to comprehend what Jesus accomplished on our behalf by his atoning death and resurrection.
So what about Galatians?

2: 7. On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.

k0de

This is an excellent topic to discuss as long as we don't become ungracious in our attitude toward those who disagree with what we believe. And permit to be stirred up to indignation, disgust, and hatred, against those who do not accept your exegesis.

Anyhow my hope it is profitable for all who participate.

Right Divider

Body part
So what about Galatians?

2: 7. On the contrary, they recognized that I had been entrusted with the task of preaching the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised.
Peter and Paul taught some things that were the same, some things that were similar and some things that were different.

Paul received revelation that nobody had before God gave it to Paul.

k0de

Peter and Paul taught some things that were the same, some things that were similar and some things that were different.

Paul received revelation that nobody had before God gave it to Paul.
That is true. But let's slow down up a little RD.

How about Galatians:

2: 9. James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

Cephas the rock that Christ build his church on (Matthew 16:8) first had to approve of Paul ministry. And is this of the same Gospel but preach to different people?

Right Divider

Body part
That is true. But let's slow down up a little RD.

How about Galatians:

2: 9. James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

Cephas the rock that Christ build his church on (Matthew 16:8) first had to approve of Paul ministry. And is this of the same Gospel but preach to different people?
Firstly, Christ did NOT build His church in Peter. That is a one of great myths of Churchianity (particularly by the RCC).

Christ built His church on THE ROCK... i.e., Himself

Mat 16:13-20 KJV When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? (14) And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. (15) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? (16) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (19) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Note that the word translated "Peter" is petros (a piece of rock), whereas the ROCK that Jesus says that He will build His church upon is petra (a mass of rock).

Secondly, Paul had NO need of anyone "approving of his ministry". Paul got his instructions from the RISEN and ASCENDED Lord Jesus Christ. That is ALL the approval that he needed.

Paul made this clear time and time again, like here:

Gal 1:11-12 KJV But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. (12) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Truster

Neither Peter nor Paul ever heard or read the term gospel. The word and the message they spoke of is the evangel and evangelism. This why those that carried the evangelism are named evangelists.
Only the English translations and the transactions that used the KJV use gospel. All other translations transliterate the equivalent of evangelism.

Pierac

The whole ministry of Christ while He was in the flesh was not the new Christian message finally taught by Peter, John, and Paul. Christ’s earthly ministry and teachings were nothing more than the final application of the Law of God that existed from Adam to Moses, and then from the time of Christ before His crucifixion. It is most important that all who love the teachings of the Holy Scriptures understand this fact.

What we find in the Bible is precisely what the apostle Paul taught — that the Bible is partitioned into various sections of doctrines and laws, and that some of those teachings and codes apply only to certain people and not to others. To appreciate and understand the Holy Scriptures properly, the apostle Paul said that we should be “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). Yes, the Bible teachings should be “divided” (or partitioned) to know what parts pertain to us, and what parts are intended for others on the earth and not to us. Remember, in “dividing” the word of truth, one must do it “rightly” and not in a wrong way.

While every bit of the Bible is holy and inspired, some parts of Scripture no longer apply for those mature Christians who have advanced into spiritual adulthood in Christ. This is the simple teaching of the apostle Paul. It is the practice of Progressive Revelation that God uses in a way that best pleases Him. We should never challenge God when He changes laws (or even eliminates them). That is His divine right and He is very jealous to exercise His prerogative with all the freedom that He can muster.

The ministry of Christ was intended for physical Israel alone within an Old Covenant environment and that most of those early teachings of Christ are not intended for any Christians today. To apply today many of the early laws and commands that Christ gave to physical Israel is actually very wrong. This would be a prime example of wrongly applying Paul’s teaching to always be “rightly dividing the word of truth” (2 Timothy 2:15). The proper application of Progressive Revelation from God changes things.
“For the Law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.” John 1:17

This all seems confusing until you understand the Old Testament doctrines of circumcision, Sabbath and holyday keeping, etc., have never been (in an actual sense) done away with. What has happened for Christians is that they were all fulfilled on our behalf by Christ Jesus. [ See Col 2:11; Col 2:12; Gal 2:20] In no way have the teachings of Moses been done away! How could any student of the Bible even consider such a thing when one can read the clear statement of Christ to the contrary.

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. For verily I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled." Matthew 5:17–18
Very few were given the power to change God’s laws in the Old Testament and then only under God’s instruction. Read the Beatitudes and you will see Jesus not just changing the law but magnifying it to the point it being impossible to keep.

Read how many times Jesus said… “You have heard” … “But I say to you” You have heard the law… Mat 5:27 "You have heard that it was said, 'YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY'; Now watch Jesus add to and magnify the law! 28 but I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
Jesus fulfilled the law on our behalf. The Mosaic religious requirements ended with the establishment of Christianity when the world went from having to obey written laws to unwritten laws engraved on the heart (unwritten laws of the Spirit that cannot be read or seen with the eyes). With the final and mature teachings of Christ, the Mosaic system — designed to be kept by spiritual infants — became antiquated and unnecessary. God had something better to give mankind and gave Christianity as His final teaching for the world.

The essential features we reckon today as the main teaching of Christianity taught by Peter, John, and Paul, were thoroughly absent from Christ’s message to the Jews when He was in the flesh. This evaluation may surprise some, but there is no doubt that this is true. Christ’s message in the flesh was a completion (and even a magnification) of the Mosaic Law, not the beginning of the new Christian system. True, Christ gave hints of the new teaching of Christianity soon to merge on earth, but He gave no systematic disclosures about it in the flesh.

This first “Gospel” (good news) preached by John the Baptist and by Christ, was a ministry of law, of the Old Covenant, without a Savior, without the Holy Spirit and meant only for Israel. But it was a message emphasizing the soon coming Kingdom of God, promised by the prophets to appear on earth at the end of the age (Isaiah 11:1–16). Almost all the teaching of John and the ministry of Christ in the flesh were about that Kingdom.

Though the main teaching of Christ during His earthly ministry was about this soon-coming Messianic Kingdom, He knew that it was not to be introduced until much later. The Christian system, which God had in mind was to be fundamentally different from the Old Covenant instruction involving the Kingdom promised solely to Israel. What Christ did with His preaching in the flesh was to show the utter futility of obtaining salvation under law (under any law). But His emphasis on law was to give a contrast to the only message that could bring for the real salvation that Israel (and even the world) was hoping for. If people want their salvation based on their observance of Law (any Law), then get ready for disaster, because no person on earth can keep the Law.

This is what the apostle Paul came to see with a clear vision. Anyone would admit that this is a correct judgment. So, Christ introduced another way to obtain salvation. It was not to be based on the observance of Law (any Law), but based on a trust in Christ and in His death on the tree of crucifixion. A new way of gaining salvation was inaugurated with the death, burial, and resurrection of the Christ, and culminated when the Christ was exalted to sit on the Father’s right hand on the day of His resurrection. Every statement made by Peter, John, or Paul about man’s salvation in Christ is based on the teaching of Christ’s death, burial, resurrection, and glorification, and this includes John 3:16–17, 12:32–33; Acts 2:36–39; and also Romans 10:9–13 that Protestants love to quote.

As a matter of fact, the apostle Paul in the totality of his Gospel message referred only one time to any teaching that Christ taught in the flesh. That was a reference to the bread and wine that symbolized Christ’s death on the eve of His crucifixion (1 Corinthians 112:23–24). Not once did Paul use as a basis for his Gospel any other statement or commandment that Christ made or presented to the Jews while in the flesh. Paul made a point that when Christ taught the Jews within the Old Covenant relationship (before His death, burial, resurrection, and glorification), this former message about “commandment keeping” as the only means to salvation had no bearing on the Christian Gospel that Paul taught. Paul stated dogmatically:
“Wherefore henceforth [with Christ’s death and resurrection] know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.”
2 Corinthians 5:16
This is very different from what we see in so-called “Law-keeping and Commandment-keeping Churches” today who base their essential doctrinal positions on statements and commandments made by Christ while teaching the Jews in an Old Covenant relationship with God. Paul would have none of this. Paul commenced the teaching of “his Gospel” (Romans 2:16; 2 Timothy 2:8) with the death, burial, resurrection, and glorification of Christ. All the teachings Christ gave to the Jews during His earthly ministry within the Old Covenant framework were of no importance to Paul (in matters relating to salvation). Paul did not refer to any of Christ’s teachings (other than the bread and wine) given by Christ while in the flesh. “Though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more” (2 Corinthians 5:16).

Those first teachings of Christ while He was in the flesh were given only to the children of Israel and Judah. And though Jews were offered salvation if they kept the commandments, since no one could keep the commandments to be saved, no one was ever saved under that Old Covenant message given by Christ while in the flesh. And Christ offered no Gentiles any salvation whatever before the crucifixion of Christ. But something better was coming. It was a system of salvation to be given by faith (through grace) and not through law. The Gentiles were finally soon to be offered salvation (along with Israel).

It is a simple fact that Jesus offered the Good News to the Jew before offering it to the Gentile. When Jesus sent out the 12 disciples to preach and minister in Matthew 10:5-6, He said, Do not go in the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter any city of the Samaritans; but rather go to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Before we look at how Paul’s tour began, we need a little background history into his world. What many Christians do not realize is that the first five to ten years of the Christian church only contained Jews. Gentiles (non-Jews) were not even considered when preaching the gospel of the kingdom.
To understand this fact one must start at the beginning of Christ’s Ekklesia (Church). Many scholars accept that the church first began on the day of Pentecost. Approx. 30 -33A.D. But who was at Pentecost, to whom was Peter preaching? Peter's sermon on the Day of Pentecost was entirely Jewish, quoting the prophets and the Psalmist David, and would have meant nothing to any Gentiles standing around, if there were any. [Act 2:5 Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven. ] The 3000 people who were saved that day would have been all Jewish. Act 2:22 "Men of Israel, listen to these words:… (See Acts 2:1-41). They met regularly in the Temple, where Gentiles were excluded (Acts 2:46). The nearest the Gentiles could get was the Court of the Gentiles that surrounded the Temple, but no Gentiles appeared on the scene until at least five years later in Antioch.

Peter and John went to the Temple at the hour of prayer, being the ninth hour. (Acts 3:1). That means they were observant Jews, going there at 3pm when sacrifices were being made.
When Peter had healed a lame man, an audience gathered and he addressed them as "Men of Israel" (Acts 3:12). Then he ends his speech like this: "Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities." (Acts 3:25-26). This is the first indication from any of the Apostles that the Word would spread to the Gentiles, but as we shall see later, Peter still hadn't really grasped it. He thought the message was only for the Jews, and that by believing in Yeshua the Messiah, they would somehow bless the nations.

The ministry of the Apostles continued exclusively among the Jews. They were imprisoned but miraculously escaped, and an angel said to him "Go, stand and speak in the Temple to the people all the words of this life". (Acts 5:20). They went straight back to the Temple to preach, even though they had been told by the High Priest and the council not to do so.
Then there was the problem of the daily distribution to the widows. The Greeks were complaining against the Hebrews because they were being neglected. These were Greek-speaking Jews, not Gentiles. There is no mention of Gentiles appearing on the scene yet. It appears that the Greek-speaking Jews were considered to be rather Hellenised, inferior, and not as observant as the Hebrew-speaking Jews, so they were neglected and the situation had to be rectified. (Acts 6:1).
We must read the books of Acts in terms of happening over years, not days or months! It is then that Christ’s progressive revelation through Paul becomes very clear. But Peter gets the first taste of salvation for the Gentiles but it’s only a taste, and not the full gospel as we shall see.
The one event that made ministry to the Gentiles possible was Peter's vision and his visit to the house of Cornelius (Acts 10). Contrary to popular opinion, Cornelius was not a Hellenised Gentile, ignorant of the Torah. He was: A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God alway. (Acts 10:2)
... a just man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Jews,... (Acts 10:22)

To get that kind of reputation among the Jews he must have participated in Jewish worship. He was a class of person known as a "God Fearer", a Gentile who attended the synagogue and practiced some of the Jewish customs and traditions, without going through the complete process of conversion and becoming Jewish.

Another of these God-Fearers appears later at Corinth. Paul went into the house of a man called Justus, who "worshipped God", and his house was next to the synagogue. (Acts 18:7).
Cornelius saw a vision, in which he received instructions to send for Peter, and the next day Peter also saw a vision about a sheet full of unclean animals that he was supposed to kill and eat. There is something interesting about Cornelius' vision. It occurred at the ninth hour of the day, which was 3pm, the time when sacrifices were made in the Temple. The angel said to him:
Thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God. (Acts 10:4)

The verb "come up" might suggest "aliyah" which means going up to Jerusalem, or a burnt offering ascending before the Lord. The Greek word "mnemosynon" meaning "memorial" is also used in Leviticus 2:2 in the Septuagint to represent the offering of fine flour and oil that was part of a burnt offering to the Lord. (New Bible Commentary, Davidson, Stibbs, Kevan, Inter-Varsity Fellowship, London, 1954).

So it's possible that Cornelius might have brought sacrifices and given them to the Priest to be offered at the Temple, even though he would not have been able to go beyond the Court of the Gentiles, or at least it means he was familiar with the sacrificial system. Cornelius was obviously not an ordinary Gentile, but even so, Peter had difficulty going to his house, and would not have gone there if he had not been directly instructed to do so by the Holy Spirit.

When he arrived, he explained that this visit was unusual: And he said unto them, You know how it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean. (Acts 10:28)
Then he acknowledged Cornelius as a "God-Fearer", as if this made the visit a bit easier.
Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him. (Acts 10:34-35)
It's quite obvious from this story that Peter was a real Chassid, observant to the finest detail, and so were many of his fellow-believers in Jerusalem. When he went back there, they argued with him, and would not accept that this was from God until he had told them the whole story. (Acts 11:1-18)
Peter had his vision and went to visit Cornelius, sometime between these dates 35-40 AD. As a result of this, the church began to consider including the Gentiles, but not without hindrance. So why are the dates important, because it shows the Spirit setting up the 12 apostles for the acceptance of Paul’s initial radical new teaching concerning the Law and Gentiles, but even Paul was not ready for the Mystery give around 64 A.D.!

Taken from the studies of ELM
:poly:
Paul

Right Divider

Body part
Neither Peter nor Paul ever heard or read the term gospel. The word and the message they spoke of is the evangel and evangelism. This why those that carried the evangelism are named evangelists.
Only the English translations and the transactions that used the KJV use gospel. All other translations transliterate the equivalent of evangelism.
You're quite the language snob.

Where can we get the "Truster Translation" so that we too can understand all things?

k0de

Firstly, Christ did NOT build His church in Peter. That is a one of great myths of Churchianity (particularly by the RCC).

Christ built His church on THE ROCK... i.e., Himself

Mat 16:13-20 KJV When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? (14) And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. (15) He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? (16) And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (19) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

Note that the word translated "Peter" is petros (a piece of rock), whereas the ROCK that Jesus says that He will build His church upon is petra (a mass of rock).

Secondly, Paul had NO need of anyone "approving of his ministry". Paul got his instructions from the RISEN and ASCENDED Lord Jesus Christ. That is ALL the approval that he needed.

Paul made this clear time and time again, like here:

Gal 1:11-12 KJV But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. (12) For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
That's pretty good but I'm not totally sold. Somethings are still behind the fog.

Question: That is a one of great myths of Churchianity (particularly by the RCC).

What is RCC from your statement?

Pierac

But in 63 C.E., something very different occurred. A brand new revelation came to Paul and other apostles that drastically changed even this “New Covenant type” of Christianity in which all Christians were reckoned as “Israelites.” Next we will review this most important aspect of Christian doctrine. The apostle Paul called it,
“The mystery of Christ that in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as [the Spirit] now reveals it unto his holy apostles and prophets ... which from the beginning of the world has been hid in God.” Ephesians 3:4–5, 9, paraphrasing
“The mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints.” Colossians 1:26

The apostles only learned this new revelation around the year 63 C.E. This Mystery was never revealed publicly before that year — some 33 years after the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ. This glorious teaching represents the mature and final teaching of God and Christ to this world. And, believe it or not, “the Mystery” has nothing to do with the Old Covenant or even the New Covenant. It is something entirely different and glorious!

The Mystery is a very different teaching:
It may be a surprise that anyone would state that “the Mystery” was far different from the teachings of the New Covenant, but this is precisely what the truth of the Gospel is. The final stage of Progressive Revelation was to introduce the most mature doctrines of Christ Jesus, in what Paul called “the Mystery.”

This mature teaching is “the Philosophy of Christianity” and it is summed up in what the apostle Paul called “the Mystery” (or, in English, “the Secret”). It denotes a marvelous and gracious Secret that was finally dispensed to mankind by Paul and others in the latter part of their ministries. And in spite of what some theologians say, that philosophy has NOTHING to do with the New Covenant. The “Old” and the “New Covenant” were only intermediate phases of spiritual development. They were excellent for their intended time periods, but they do not represent the ultimate mature teaching of God. One should look at the plain and simple New Testament teaching called “the Mystery.” God teaches us this primarily in the books to the Ephesians and Colossians. These books are companion letters. They speak about identical matters with different emphasis.

Before 63 C.E., Paul said the Mystery “has been hid in God” (Ephesians 3:9). God had kept it a secret from the knowledge of anyone (human or angel) even from the foundation of the world — long before the creation of Adam. Paul said, “from the beginning of the world it [the Mystery] has been hid in God” (verse 9). Paul spoke of it as:
“The mystery of Christ which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is NOW revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit.” Ephesians 3:4–5

Paul further stated in the Book of Colossians that this teaching was called

“... the mystery which has been hid from [previous] ages and from [previous] generations, but now [63 C.E.] is made manifest to his saints.” Colossians 1:26

While the revelation given to Paul in that year did not depart from the doctrinal elements that made up the teachings of early Christianity (the teachings given from the time of the crucifixion in 30 C.E.to 62/63 C.E.), it did elaborate and expand the interpretations of those early teachings to such an extent that a whole new manner of looking at essential Christian doctrines came into view. This was the mature teaching of God that he intended to give mankind from the beginning.

So radical and revolutionary were these elaborations and expansions on earlier interpretations that most Christians revolted against them in the first few years after Paul and others began to teach them. The first hints of this revolt against Paul were recorded in his letter to the Philippians written about 64 C.E., about one year after “the Mystery” was first revealed. Paul mentioned that Timothy was a young man he could truly trust.
Indeed, Paul stated,
“I have no man like minded, who will naturally care for your state. For ALL seek their own [welfare], not the things which are Jesus Christ’s.” Philippians 2:20–21

Paul even got more bold and said to the Philippians that many people he commended in the past now had turned aside from him and his teachings, and that they had become the enemies of Christ.
“For MANY walk, of whom I have told you often [Paul spoke of these many colleagues very often in the past], and NOW TELL YOU WITH WEEPING, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ.” Philippians 3:18

The Rejection of Paul’s Teaching of the Mystery

While this revolt against the apostle Paul and his teachings was already beginning about 64 C.E., in the next two years it developed into an outright rebellion with wide scale implications. So serious had the revolt become against Paul and “his” new teachings that the Christians in Ephesus and the whole province of Asia turned away from the apostle. (2Ti 1:15 You are aware of the fact that all who are in Asia turned away from me, among whom are Phygelus and Hermogenes). Even Paul’s trusted friend and colleague named Demas left Paul over these matters. ( 2Ti 4:10 for Demas, having loved this present world, has deserted me and gone to Thessalonica; Crescens has gone to Galatia, Titus to Dalmatia. 11 Only Luke is with me. And of those who were formerly with Paul in Rome, yet only Luke stayed faithful to Paul and his teachings (verse 11).

In fact, in his first trial before Caesar not a single witness came forward to testify in his defense and speak in favor of Paul,even when their true testimony would have greatly benefited the case Paul was presenting: At my first defense no one supported me, but all deserted me; may it not be counted against them. (2 Timothy 4:16). Interestingly, Caesar himself (who was none other than the infamous Nero) judged in favor of Paul and granted him a reprieve (verse 17). It is remarkable how many times authorities within the Roman Empire came to Paul’s rescue, while his own people with whom he had once preached the Gospel turned against him wholesale during his last imprisonment.

This abandonment of Paul from about 65 to 66 C.E. caused a very serious disruption in Christian unanimity. It resulted in a cleavage of the ekklesia with the majority of 1st century Christians withdrawing from association with Paul. Most must have thought he had lost his ability to reason in regard to “his” new interpretations? Perhaps some thought that the many deprivations Paul endured throughout his ministry, and the several times he was in prison (Clement said Paul had been imprisoned seven times), could have had a toll on his physical and mental stability?

Of course, none of us knows exactly what was going in the minds of the early Christians that caused them to abandon Paul. We are not told in detail the reason they deserted Paul, but in fact they did abandon him on a prodigious scale!

Only in the last few weeks of Paul’s life does history show the apostle Peter making a journey to Rome to confer with Paul on important matters involving the ekklesia. Peter had come to see (when the rumblings of war with the Romans began to emerge in Jerusalem and throughout Judaea) that Paul was correct in what he was teaching. Even though Peter knew Paul was correct, and that his teachings were divinely inspired from Christ himself, he gave a warning to many Christians reading Paul’s writings that the subjects Paul dealt with were admittedly not easy to understand. And regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you, 16 as also in all his letters, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the untaught and unstable distort, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. (2 Peter 3:15–16).

What Christians today must recognize clearly, if we hope to comprehend what was going on among 1st century Christians, is that there was an almost wholesale abandonment of Paul after he began to teach the revelation of “the Mystery.” These new interpretations caused the great exodus away from Paul and his teachings. This must be the case because Paul said his preaching and teaching to the Gentiles (with matters involving his apostleship) were “these things” that caused his sufferings brought on by the abandonment (2 Timothy 1:11–12, 15).

What caused most Christians to be upset with Paul were the drastic new interpretations put on some essential doctrines of the ekklesia involving,
• the way to salvation,
• the inheritance of the saints,
• the body of Christ,
• the role of Israel,
• the keeping of Mosaic festivals and days, and
• the present position the ekklesia has with Christ and the Father.

Notice the contrasts between “The Mystery” and the Earlier Gospel of Christ:
While all the principal features of the first Gospel are retained in “the Mystery,” this latest and final teaching of Christ Elaborates and Fills to the top the first teachings. “The Mystery” is an Expansion and a Completion of the doctrinal factors that made up the first Gospel given by Christ and the early apostles — including the earlier teachings of Paul himself. This later interpretation MAGNIFIES and FINALIZES the fullness of the doctrine of God when the teaching of “the Mystery” was given in the Sabbatical Year of 62/63 C.E.
There is no such thing as “dispensational teaching” in this mature revelation. In no way did God wait to see if Israel would accept one Gospel before giving another. This is not another Gospel. The Mystery is simply an Expansion and Finalization of the original Gospel of Christ. Revealing the great “Secret” merely brings out the full teaching of God in Christ intended by the Father at the beginning. This is the message that was meant to be given to the whole world (including both Israelites and Gentiles) before Adam and Eve were ever created.
God simply kept it secret from the knowledge of the world (and from those in heaven) until the apostles were MATURE enough in the faith to bear it.

I can continue if you like but.. it a lot of information to post... maybe to boring for some? Remebmer... it's not my research so won't hurt my feelings to stop posting
Paul

k0de

You say that a lot. Study and get sold..
I have but not in MAD. Lol

Roman Catholic Church.
Thanks for your clarification you are very generous.

This is why you and your MAD believe is in the fog and falling three feet short from gold.

So explain 1 Corinthians 4:1-3

1. This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed. 2. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.

Here don't we learn that the servants of Christ are instructed to be faithful stewards of the mysteries of God.

And furthermore here on 1 Corinthians

1: 10. I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Don't we learn here and we are told to speak the same thing, to be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment; not to be divided.

Well Right Divider according to these scriptures your avatar name alone is already fallacious.

And let's slow down more and rewind. The Scriptures you posted earlier are pretty good but I'm in it to win it and take the gold field that you fall short from three feet from gold.

So explain further Galatians 2: 9. But from the top.

James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

What about the PILLARS who Paul needed approval for his ministry?

Right Divider

Body part
I have but not in MAD. Lol
:wave2:

Thanks for your clarification you are very generous.

This is why you and your MAD believe is in the fog and falling three feet short from gold.

So explain 1 Corinthians 4:1-3

1. This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed. 2. Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful. 3. I care very little if I am judged by you or by any human court; indeed, I do not even judge myself.

Here don't we learn that the servants of Christ are instructed to be faithful stewards of the mysteries of God.
The "mystery of Christ" that Paul speaks of was unknown until God revealed it to and through Paul.

And furthermore here on 1 Corinthians

1: 10. I appeal to you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another in what you say and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Don't we learn here and we are told to speak the same thing, to be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment; not to be divided.
Paul is talking about within the body of Christ and not all things ever.

Well Right Divider according to these scriptures your avatar name alone is already fallacious.
Baloney.

And let's slow down more and rewind. The Scriptures you posted earlier are pretty good but I'm in it to win it and take the gold field that you fall short from three feet from gold.

So explain further Galatians 2: 9. But from the top.

James, Cephas and John, those esteemed as pillars, gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship when they recognized the grace given to me. They agreed that we should go to the Gentiles, and they to the circumcised.

What about the PILLARS who Paul needed approval for his ministry?
Paul was NOT... I repeat NOT seeking their approval. You can keep saying that but the entirety of Paul's epistles prove you wrong.

Last edited:

DougE

So what about Galatians?

Hi there

Paul preached Jesus Christ by the mystery now made manifest (Romans 16:25); Paul also preached Jesus Christ by the scriptures of the law and the prophets which have the gospel of God (Romans 16:26).

Peter was preaching Jesus as the mediator of the new testament to Israel. Peter and Paul were both preaching the gospel of God, but were not preaching the same gospel. Revealed to paul was the full revelation of the atoning death on the cross and the justification provided by the resurrection, unto all who will believe.

k0de

:wave2:

The "mystery of Christ" that Paul speaks of was unknown until God revealed it to and through Paul.

Paul is talking about within the body of Christ and not all things ever.

Baloney.

Paul was NOT... I repeat NOTseeking their approval. You can keep saying that but the entirety of Paul's epistles prove you wrong.
Yo RD. Nothing shakes your faith. I have to be honest I'm leaning towards MAD. Thanks for sharing but not just yet.

notreligus

Acts 10:34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, 35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all), 37 you yourselves know what happened throughout all Judea, beginning from Galilee after the baptism that John proclaimed: 38 how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him. 39 And we are witnesses of all that he did both in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They put him to death by hanging him on a tree, 40 but God raised him on the third day and made him to appear, 41 not to all the people but to us who had been chosen by God as witnesses, who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one appointed by God to be judge of the living and the dead. 43 To him all the prophets bear witness that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.”
The Holy Spirit Falls on the Gentiles
44 While Peter was still saying these things, the Holy Spirit fell on all who heard the word. 45 And the believers from among the circumcised who had come with Peter were amazed, because the gift of the Holy Spirit was poured out even on the Gentiles. 46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. Then Peter declared, 47 “Can anyone withhold water for baptizing these people, who have received the Holy Spirit just as we have?” 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to remain for some days.

Peter was indeed called to take the Gospel to the Jews, but he let James overrule his call and went along with the circumcision. In Galatians Chapter Two we see that Paul essentially called Peter a hypocrite for going along with the circumcision (James).

Galatians 2:11 But when Cephas came to Antioch, I opposed him to his face, because he stood condemned. 12 For before certain men came from James, he was eating with the Gentiles; but when they came he drew back and separated himself, fearing the circumcision party. 13 And the rest of the Jews acted hypocritically along with him, so that even Barnabas was led astray by their hypocrisy. 14 But when I saw that their conduct was not in step with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas before them all, “If you, though a Jew, live like a Gentile and not like a Jew, how can you force the Gentiles to live like Jews?”

Here in Acts Chapter Fifteen Peter admits that Paul was right in how he had been taking the Gospel to the Gentiles and not demanding that the Law (now obsolete) be a burden to the Gentiles...

Acts 15:7 And after there had been much debate, Peter stood up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days God made a choice among you, that by my mouth the Gentiles should hear the word of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, bore witness to them, by giving them the Holy Spirit just as he did to us, 9 and he made no distinction between us and them, having cleansed their hearts by faith. 10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear? 11 But we believe that we will be saved through the grace of the Lord Jesus, just as they will.”
12 And all the assembly fell silent, and they listened to Barnabas and Paul as they related what signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles. 13 After they finished speaking, James replied, “Brothers, listen to me. 14 Simeon has related how God first visited the Gentiles, to take from them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the prophets agree, just as it is written

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Peter And Paul Preached the Same Gospel

The preaching of the "kingdom of God" was the same exact "gospel" which Peter preached to the Jews in the following passage:

"Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases. And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick...And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where" (Lk.9:1-2,6).​

The facts reveal that when they were preaching that gospel the Twelve were not even aware the the Lord Jesus was going to die. After being given that command and after preaching that gospel the transgiguration followed (Lk.9:29-36; Mk.9:2-13). Then after the Twelve preached the gospel of the kingdom and after the transfiguration we read the following exchange between the Lord Jesus and the Twelve:

"They left that place and passed through Galilee. Jesus did not want anyone to know where they were, because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, 'The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.' But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it" (Mk.9:30-32).​

The facts reveal that the Twelve did not even know He was going to die as late as shortly before the Cross:

"Jesus took the Twelve aside and told them, 'We are going up to Jerusalem, and everything that is written by the prophets about the Son of Man will be fulfilled. He will be delivered over to the Gentiles. They will mock him, insult him and spit on him; they will flog him and kill him. On the third day he will rise again.' The disciples did not understand any of this. Its meaning was hidden from them, and they did not know what he was talking about" (Lk.18:31-34).​

These facts prove conclusively that the gospel which the Twelve were preaching at Luke 9:6 was not the same gospel which Paul referred to in the following way:

"For the message of the cross, is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God"
(1 Cor.1:18.).​