Penalty. The existence of a penalty for breaking a law.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are laws that have penalty for breaking them. Can we list the laws and their penalty?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exodus 22:1 NASB - "If a man steals an ox or a sheep and slaughters it or sells it, he shall pay five oxen for the ox and four sheep for the sheep.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Different from if you steal something give it back or if you steal something pay the value.

Jerry Shugart

The penalty which people receive when they sin is "death," spiritual death--separation of the soul from the source of spirit, the LORD God.

Jerry Shugart

I know that the wages of sin is death.

Yes, spiritual death. And believers are justified in the eyes of God by the Lord Jesus' spritual death upon the Cross when He was separated from the Father:

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Mt.27:46).​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Genesis 1:27 NASB - God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Genesis 9:6 NASB - "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed, For in the image of God He made man.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, spiritual death. And believers are justified in the eyes of God by the Lord Jesus' spritual death upon the Cross when He was separated from the Father:

"And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (Mt.27:46).​

What is spiritual death if it is anything?

Jerry Shugart

What is spiritual death if it is anything?

"Death" is in regard to a "separation." A physical death is a separation of the soul from the physical body. Spiritual death is the separation of the soul from the source of spiritual life, God.

That is the death which Paul referred to at Ephesians 2:1 and the following words of the Lord Jesus speak about how a person who is spiritually dead as a result of his sins is brought unto spiritual life:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
"Death" is in regard to a "separation." A physical death is a separation of the soul from the physical body. Spiritual death is the separation of the soul from the source of spiritual life, God.

That is the death which Paul referred to at Ephesians 2:1 and the following words of the Lord Jesus speak about how a person who is spiritually dead as a result of his sins is brought unto spiritual life:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
(Jn.6:63).​

You can expound if you wish. I almost or do desire it.

However, my question about spiritual death pertains to your saying Jesus went through it, as if to say His spiritual death cancels out ours or something. Did I misunderstand this about what you were saying? They are not the same.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If ceremonial laws or ordinances are what has been abolished (check this) then are there still penalties for breaking the law?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
If ceremonial laws or ordinances are what has been abolished (check this) then are there still penalties for breaking the law?

sacrifices
for sin
etc...

because is there a sin for which there is no sacrifice?

We need to establish if there is any punishment or penalty for breaking the law, maybe even for those who are in Christ should they be found to sin (the one who is born of God does not sin or practice sin but we know that if we sin we have an advocate with the Father Jesus Christ the righteous and if we confess our sins He (God?) is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness).

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What about a penalty for something that is not God's Law but is a law that has been broken?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
There are laws particular to a certain city, county, state, country / nation. With God's Law it is not this way, except maybe with cities of refuge.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Forgiveness.

Rather than starting a new thread, we must address the subject of forgiveness. If there is forgiveness of everything where is there purpose in the law or in punishment?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Ezekiel 18:23 NASB - "Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?