ECT PAUL'S REAL GOSPEL !!

Wick Stick

So then, what is the word of truth , the gospel of your salvation?
Not what; Who. I gave you a one-sentence summary of the gospel in my previous post, so I'll stick with that answer.

If it's always been the same one piece of good news, why did Paul preach that his gospel was kept secret since the world began, but now (then) was made manifest?
Because it was kept secret. The LORD from heaven did not appear until roughly 4BC.

Why did God keep it a mystery?
I can't speak to God's motives with certainty. My best guess... to make people seek Him.

And where is it in the OT that a people like you and me could be saved?
Among many places... Deuteronomy 32:21. Isaiah 65:1. Paul says so in Romans 10:19-20. :)

The NT quotes the OT constantly.

Jarrod

Wick Stick

We are Pauline and ANYONE who says that he was DISPENDATIONAL and goes BACK to COVENANT THEOLOGY , or Acts 2 PENTECOSTALISM is Fallen from Grace and is ACCURSED as Gal 5:4 and Gal 1:8 , so you have your own Angel I see !!

dan p
I have a hard time understanding your English.

I started off in a Pentecostal church. Pentecostalism IS dispensational. I guess you didn't know that?

Jarrod

heir

TOL Subscriber
Not what; Who. I gave you a one-sentence summary of the gospel in my previous post, so I'll stick with that answer.
If you were saved it would be WHAT as the gospel that is the power of God to save you is WHAT Christ died for/the WHY of the cross! 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV

Because it was kept secret. The LORD from heaven did not appear until roughly 4BC.
Actually, it was kept secret until the risen Lord appeared to Paul (Acts 26:16 KJV). And that it would include us, another appearing and sending (Acts 22:17-21 KJV) :)

I can't speak to God's motives with certainty. My best guess... to make people seek Him.
Sure you can! We don't have to guess when God tells us why through the apostle Paul! This is why:

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Among many places... Deuteronomy 32:21. Isaiah 65:1. Paul says so in Romans 10:19-20. :)

The NT quotes the OT constantly.
:nono: Sorry, but all of that does not apply to us. Where Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) are concerned it was a mystery/ which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men/unsearchable/hid in God!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Bless God He had a mystery that included the likes of us!

Bless God, we are in the but now (Romans 3:21-22 KJV)!

Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

SaulToPaul 2

Are you claiming the man Jesus came from Heaven, as if He was already a man in Heaven.

or is it not the truth that the man came from man and God came from Heaven to make Him the Man He is and sent Him into the world from His baptism onward.

Was not John sent from Heaven?

LA

The second man IS the Lord from heaven.
God became flesh and dwelt among us.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
:nono: Sorry, but all of that does not apply to us. Where Gentiles such as we (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) are concerned it was a mystery/ which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men/unsearchable/hid in God!

Righteous Abel, a Gentile, was saved by grace through faith. I doubt he understood all the mysteries of God at the time.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Righteous Abel, a Gentile, was saved by grace through faith. I doubt he understood all the mysteries of God at the time.
It says right there that Gentiles such as we had NO HOPE in time past and it means what it says. So unless God had a mystery concerning Gentiles such as we, we would still be in that time past state! Praise God, He did! It was before a mystery/in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men/unsearchable/hid in God! You might as well put your preconceived notions down and believe it!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Ephesians 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,

Ephesians 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Ephesians 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Ephesians 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:

Ephesians 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

DAN P

Dis-illusioned.

Hi and if you really were Dispensational , you were in the right track and Eph 3:9 does not make a difference !!

So you do not believe that Peter was saved by the Law ??

Paul was saved by Grace , Gal1:15 !!

I was a Pentecostal at one time so , I feel your PAIN !!

Learn verb tenses , and they will lead you and make the bible more clear !!

In the BEMA SEAT there many rewards , and you do not want ANY ??

dan p

DAN P

I believe Peter and Paul were saved by Jesus.

Grace is not HOW anyone is saved, but rather it describes WHY they were saved.

Jarrod

Hi and in Eph 2:8 and also verse 5 are the same .

For by Grace are you saved !!

Here is the correct translation and can be check by using the Greek Text !!

For by are you HAVING BEEN SAVED ,

#1 , The Greek word HAVING and is a Participle and end in in " ING ".

#2 , SAVED / SOZO is in the Perfect Tense and let me explain what the Perfect Tense means !!

I was born in 1936 , and this is the AORIST TENSE or what is called the PAST TENSE in Engilsh !!

Since my birth I have lived in the PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE for over 79 years !!

1936------------------the Present Tense ----------------------for 79 years !!

That is the Perfect Tense !!

#3 , Then it is in the PASSIVE VOICE which means God did the saving and NOT a POPE , WATER BAPTISM , or TONGUES or CHURCH MEMBERSHIP or PURGATORY as

As 1 Cor 3:6 says , One Plants and One Waters BUT GOD GIVES THE INCREASE !!

As Acts 2:L47 says God ADDED in the Imperfect Tense , which means ONLY adds to His Assembly !!

See my post on Hoe God saves TODAY !!

dan p

Last edited:

Wick Stick

Hi and in Eph 2:8 and also verse 5 are the same .

For by Grace are you saved !!

Here is the correct translation and can be check by using the Greek Text !!

For by are you HAVING BEEN SAVED ,

#1 , The Greek word HAVING and is a Participle and end in in " ING ".

#2 , SAVED / SOZO is in the Perfect Tense and let me explain what the Perfect Tense means !!

I was born in 1936 , and this is the AORIST TENSE or what is called the PAST TENSE in Engilsh !!

Since my birth I have lived in the PRESENT CONTINUOUS TENSE for over 79 years !!

1936------------------the Present Tense ----------------------for 79 years !!

That is the Perfect Tense !!

#3 , Then it is in the PASSIVE VOICE which means God did the saving and NOT aPOPE , WATER BAPTISM , or TONGUES or CHURCH MEMBERSHIP or PURGATORY as

As 1 Cor 3:6 says , One Plants and One Waters BUT GOD GIVES THE INCREASE !!

As Acts 2:L47 says God ADDED in the Imperfect Tense , which means ONLY adds to His Assembly !!

See my post on Hoe God saves TODAY !!

dan p
How do you explain the fact that the perfect tense of Sozo is translated as "healed" everywhere else in the Bible?

Also "grace" is dative, so it denotes WHY, not HOW.

Bad translation in this verse, IMO.

Jarrod

DAN P

How do you explain the fact that the perfect tense of Sozo is translated as "healed" everywhere else in the Bible?

Also "grace" is dative, so it denotes WHY, not HOW.

Bad translation in this verse, IMO.

Jarrod

Hi and when you looked up Eph 2:8 , it will tell you that SOZO / SAVED is a Transliterated word !!

It can be translated by the following English wlords :

#1 To save

#2 , Keep save

#3 , To rescue

#4 , To deliver

35, to heal

Also used in a negative way :

#1 , To deliver from penalties

#2 , to save from Evil

The CONTEXT is salvation as in HAVING BEEN SAVED , HAVING BEEN , HAVING BEEN !!

dan p

Interplanner

All the same, make sure you distinguish between solving debt and personal transformation. Justification in Christ is a matter of resolving a debt; it is legal or judicial.