Paul Cameron & the Truth About Homos

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
A lot of disagreements are a result of each side assuming the other side has the same definition of key words. They often don't. "Homophobic" is one of those words. Liberal talk-show host Bill Maher, for example, calls himself homophobic - meaning he would be repulsed at the sight of two men engaging in homosexual behavior. It is that definition of homophobia I was referring to when I said, "It's so easy to spot when the defenders of homosexual perversion are lying when they claim not to be homophobic."

Arthur Brain

A lot of disagreements are a result of each side assuming the other side has the same definition of key words. They often don't. "Homophobic" is one of those words. Liberal talk-show host Bill Maher, for example, calls himself homophobic - meaning he would be repulsed at the sight of two men engaging in homosexual behavior. It is that definition of homophobia I was referring to when I said, "It's so easy to spot when the defenders of homosexual perversion are lying when they claim not to be homophobic."

Then he has a very silly idea as to what an actual phobia consists or more likely playing it up for effect. Homophobia implies an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals which is why I would never identify as one and why I'll call out anyone who says I'm lying on the point.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned

i'm "old people" phobic - i would be repulsed at the sight of two geezers going at it :idunno:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Then he has a very silly idea as to what an actual phobia consists or more likely playing it up for effect. Homophobia implies an irrational fear or hatred of homosexuals which is why I would never identify as one and why I'll call out anyone who says I'm lying on the point.
The people on this board that you label as homophobic neither have an irrational fear as per the definition of "phobia" of homosexuals nor an irrational hatred of them. In fact none of them hate homosexuals according to the definition of "hate" that you are assuming in your argument.

Just to hammer it home, according to the definitions of "fear" and "hate" that you assume for your arguments in the debates on this issue none of those you label as "homophobic" fit your definition of "homophobic," as we neither fear, nor hate them as you define those terms.

Who's the hypocrite now?

Arthur Brain

The people on this board that you label as homophobic neither have an irrational fear as per the definition of "phobia" of homosexuals nor an irrational hatred of them. In fact none of them hate homosexuals according to the definition of "hate" that you are assuming in your argument.

Just to hammer it home, according to the definitions of "fear" and "hate" that you assume for your arguments in the debates on this issue none of those you label as "homophobic" fit your definition of "homophobic," as we neither fear, nor hate them as you define those terms.

Who's the hypocrite now?

Don't you advocate for executing homosexuals? Call them disgusting faggots etc and other derogatory and needless terms? In the past you've also displayed a rather stupid element of fear of needing to have your back to the wall whenever a gay man is in the same room. Sounds pretty hateful and fearful to me, so in answer to your question, it's you.

:e4e:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Don't you advocate for executing homosexuals?
I submit to God.

Call them disgusting faggots etc and other derogatory and needless terms?
Derogatory? Yes. Needless? No.

In the past you've also displayed a rather stupid element of fear of needing to have your back to the wall whenever a gay man is in the same room.
No I haven't.

Sounds pretty hateful and fearful to me, so in answer to your question, it's you.

FAIL

Arthur Brain

I submit to God.

What's that got to do with advocating executing homosexuals? You think we all live under theocratic laws for Israel or something?

Derogatory? Yes. Needless? No.

Well yes, needless, pointless, immature etc...

No I haven't.

Well, you did although it was a while back so I can't blame you for not remembering. It was quite amusing for several here as you were pretty much saying that any homosexual man would be interested in you...

Not at all.

Granite

Hall of Fame

I think there is, in many cases, something completely irrational and pathological at work with these people. Can't tell if it's repression, or obsession, or what, but the amount of time and imagination they spend on a subject that ostensibly disgusts them is simply bizarre.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I think there is, in many cases, something completely irrational and pathological at work with these people. Can't tell if it's repression, or obsession, or what, but the amount of time and imagination they spend on a subject that ostensibly disgusts them is simply bizarre.

and this is what, the 200th time you've made this same banal point? :chuckle:

Nitro

You say there is not God but you come on TOL every single day just to shake your fist at him.

Granite

Hall of Fame
You say there is not God but you come on TOL every single day just to shake your fist at him.

:rotfl:

Nooooo, I come here because it amuses me. That's what you guys just don't get. Non-believers aren't annoyed, or angry, with God; it's the God people I, at least, take issue with.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Stupid, stupid Granite.

It is that the homos assert their right to parade their perversion in public. The Christian has two options:
1. Resist the homos.
2. Accept the homos.
We know you accept homosexuality. We don't. Perhaps you need to deal with your inability to accept the facts. :up:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What's that got to do with advocating executing homosexuals? You think we all live under theocratic laws for Israel or something?
There is a reason God commanded it. You deny He had a valid reason. You are godless.

If I thought we lived under the laws I wouldn't advocate for any of them to be established, because I would already believe them to be [regardless of whether or not they were]. Would you like to stop making yourself look stupid any time soon?

Well yes, needless, pointless, immature etc...
Let's see you support your claim with evidence...
sonictap01.gif

Well, you did although it was a while back so I can't blame you for not remembering. It was quite amusing for several here as you were pretty much saying that any homosexual man would be interested in you...
Provide a link, then.

Not at all.
In every way. You are a complete failure.

and this is what, the 200th time you've made this same banal point? :chuckle:
Pretty obsessed, isn't he?

Arthur Brain

There is a reason God commanded it. You deny He had a valid reason. You are godless.

If I thought we lived under the laws I wouldn't advocate for any of them to be established, because I would already believe them to be [regardless of whether or not they were]. Would you like to stop making yourself look stupid any time soon?

So most Christian's are godless in your view presumably as well then? Cos most don't want laws legislated to execute practicing homosexuals. Coming from someone who missed the entire crux of my argument with Jefferson - and subsequently ran away from debate - any accusation of stupidity from you is entirely redundant.

Let's see you support your claim with evidence...

Eh? Your posts are the evidence. You've constantly shown yourself to act like a juvenile jerk through the years. If you think using childish and deliberately crass terms for homosexuals is in any way going to make them receptive to anything you have to say then you're downright clueless, either that or you don't actually care despite you preaching your message out of supposed 'love'....

Provide a link, then.

Too far back and maybe you've matured in some ways since to realize that you're not automatically fanciable to a homosexual man these days...

In every way. You are a complete failure.

Eh, Like being called gay by aCW...

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So most Christian's are godless in your view presumably as well then? Cos most don't want laws legislated to execute practicing homosexuals. Coming from someone who missed the entire crux of my argument with Jefferson - and subsequently ran away from debate - any accusation of stupidity from you is entirely redundant.
That wasn't a debate; it was you running your mouth just to hear yourself talk and get some attention.

Eh? Your posts are the evidence. You've constantly shown yourself to act like a juvenile jerk through the years. If you think using childish and deliberately crass terms for homosexuals is in any way going to make them receptive to anything you have to say then you're downright clueless, either that or you don't actually care despite you preaching your message out of supposed 'love'....
Is that why I've seen it work?

Too far back and maybe you've matured in some ways since to realize that you're not automatically fanciable to a homosexual man these days...
Never thought I was. But from things I've heard there are certainly some to whom I might be. And I've never felt the need to have my back against the wall while a homosexual is in the room.

I'm not even bothered by the fact that I found out one of my high school friends with whom I had gym class in high school, including swimming, is gay. And just so you're clear on what I mean, we had to shower after class.

Eh, Like being called gay by aCW...
Take it that way if you want, but that doesn't negate the truth of the statement.

Arthur Brain

That wasn't a debate; it was you running your mouth just to hear yourself talk and get some attention.

Well it wasn't when you reverted to the predictable smileys and refused to address matters when you were left with no case to make. That's been you all over for years.

Is that why I've seen it work?

Who with?

Never thought I was. But from things I've heard there are certainly some to whom I might be. And I've never felt the need to have my back against the wall while a homosexual is in the room.

I'm not even bothered by the fact that I found out one of my high school friends with whom I had gym class in high school, including swimming, is gay. And just so you're clear on what I mean, we had to shower after class.

Well, who knows, maybe you were exaggerating for the sake of misplaced effect. After all, anyone who thinks a gay person is automatically attracted to anyone of the same gender would have to be profoundly ignorant...

Take it that way if you want, but that doesn't negate the truth of the statement.

I'll take it the way it was intended, as a puerile baseless insult.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well it wasn't when you reverted to the predictable smileys and refused to address matters when you were left with no case to make. That's been you all over for years.
There was nothing to address. You were babbling. The point had been made and you didn't want to let it go because you're an attention whore.

Who with?
Just because I want to see you perturbed: it's none of your business.

Well, who knows, maybe you were exaggerating for the sake of misplaced effect. After all, anyone who thinks a gay person is automatically attracted to anyone of the same gender would have to be profoundly ignorant...
Or maybe it was a joke and you have no sense of humor. I'm sorry, humour.

I'll take it the way it was intended, as a puerile baseless insult.

You're an insult to yourself.

Lon

Oh look! Another bash Enyart and Christians in general thread!

Oh look! Another bash Enyart and Christians in general thread!

Wow!!! A lot of banter that has NOTHING to do with Mennonites, Vicky Beeching, or Focusing on one's family....
:plain:

Thanks atheists for another boring thread :yawn: where some defended but your attacks hardly warranted it a once-over. COMPLETE waste of bandwidth. Thanks for nothing, but then again that's all you blokes have to offer anyway, isn't it? :think:

Mennonites (somewhat interesting, seen before with other denominations)

Vicky Beeching, (sort of a surprise probably, but had never heard of her)

and

Focusing on my family (pretty good commercials)

are incredibly more interesting.

Thanks again for wasting time and space over nothing, atheists. Thanks alot~! (try checking out one of the links and commenting?)

I wish you'd all just get reported for trolling again. Anybody actually want to talk about any one of the three OP topics? No? Thought not.

Last edited: