Paul and His Gospel

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul was the worlds greatest Christian. There has never been another Paul, nor will there ever be another Paul. During Paul's ministry he traveled over 10,000 miles by donkey, by foot and by ship. Paul was obsessed with preaching the Gospel. Everywhere that Paul went the Jews followed him and persecuted him for preaching the Gospel.

The Gospel that Paul preached is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ.

"But I certify you, brethren, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ" Galatians 1:11, 12.

Paul is the only apostle that had direct contact with Jesus concerning the Gospel, after his ascension into heaven. Paul's Gospel is the true Gospel. If you don't understand Paul's Gospel it is probably because you are not a Christian. Paul taught that Christians are justified by faith apart from the works of the law, Romans 5:1.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith counts for righteousness, not works. Catholics don't care for this scripture and avoid it like the plague. All of the epistles that Paul wrote say the same thing and support the same doctrine that we are justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Calvinism and justification by faith are conflicting doctrines. To be justified by faith means that you have been justified by Christ. Jesus is the Christians justifier, Romans 3:26. It was the doing and the dying of Jesus that makes us acceptable to God and justifies us, no predestination needed. Paul never taught that we are saved by a declaration from God that some are chosen and other are damned to hell. Paul did not teach justification by faith in some of the epistles and predestination in others.

The teachings of Paul are anti-religion. Paul wrote that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules laws or religion. The Corinthians wanted to split the church, 1 Corinthians 1:10-12. and form different branches of religion. Paul wanted no part of it, 1 Corinthians 1:13-17. Religion divides, the Gospel unites. In the Gospel we are all sinners and Jesus is our savior. There is none better (chosen) nor is there any lessor. We are all equal "In Christ".

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul was the worlds greatest Christian. There has never been another Paul, nor will there ever be another Paul. During Paul's ministry he traveled over 10,000 miles by donkey, by foot and by ship. Paul was obsessed with preaching the Gospel. Everywhere that Paul went the Jews followed him and persecuted him for preaching the Gospel.

The Gospel that Paul preached is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19. Paul received his Gospel directly from Jesus Christ.

"But I certify you, brethren, that the Gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ" Galatians 1:11, 12.

Paul is the only apostle that had direct contact with Jesus concerning the Gospel, after his ascension into heaven. Paul's Gospel is the true Gospel. If you don't understand Paul's Gospel it is probably because you are not a Christian. Paul taught that Christians are justified by faith apart from the works of the law, Romans 5:1.

"But to him that does no works, but believes on him that justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness" Romans 4:5.

Faith counts for righteousness, not works. Catholics don't care for this scripture and avoid it like the plague. All of the epistles that Paul wrote say the same thing and support the same doctrine that we are justified by faith apart from the works of the law.

Calvinism and justification by faith are conflicting doctrines. To be justified by faith means that you have been justified by Christ. Jesus is the Christians justifier, Romans 3:26. It was the doing and the dying of Jesus that makes us acceptable to God and justifies us, no predestination needed. Paul never taught that we are saved by a declaration from God that some are chosen and other are damned to hell. Paul did not teach justification by faith in some of the epistles and predestination in others.

The teachings of Paul are anti-religion. Paul wrote that "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17 and not by rules laws or religion. The Corinthians wanted to split the church, 1 Corinthians 1:10-12. and form different branches of religion. Paul wanted no part of it, 1 Corinthians 1:13-17. Religion divides, the Gospel unites. In the Gospel we are all sinners and Jesus is our savior. There is none better (chosen) nor is there any lessor. We are all equal "In Christ".

Good post

Ben Masada

Paul also taught and revealed the mysteries hidden in scripture, and hidden in God.

Are you sure Nick? And where did he find the secret of the demigod to teach that Jesus was son of God? (Acts 9:20) Do you happen to know what demigod is? The son of a god with an earthly woman. The NT quotes this secret in Matthew 1:18. If Joseph was not Jesus' biological father, whom did Mary conceive him from? Jesus was a Jew and such a thing is totally alien to Judaism as a man is concerned.

dodge

Are you sure Nick? And where did he find the secret of the demigod to teach that Jesus was son of God? (Acts 9:20) Do you happen to know what demigod is? The son of a god with an earthly woman. The NT quotes this secret in Matthew 1:18. If Joseph was not Jesus' biological father, whom did Mary conceive him from? Jesus was a Jew and such a thing is totally alien to Judaism as a man is concerned.

You quoted the verse that answered your question, but sadly YOU cannot see the truth !

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child yof the Holy Spirit.

Which would make God the Father of Jesus and Mary His mother !

Ben Masada

You quoted the verse that answered your question, but sadly YOU cannot see the truth !

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child yof the Holy Spirit.

Absolutely illogical. Jesus was a Jewish MAN. According to the Faith of Jesus, a man cannot be born without a biological parent. Only in the gospel of Paul, who was a Hellenist man from the Greek city of Tarsus. Where did he get this idea? Definitely not from the only Scriptures Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Paul taught that Christians are justified by faith apart from the works of the law, Romans 5:1.

What? What are you saying? Paul taught adherents of the Torah that they are justified by faith apart from the works of the law. True Gentiles would not have known the Torah if they stumbled over it. The law was given to the Israel of Jacob, not to the Israel of God.

dodge

Absolutely illogical. Jesus was a Jewish MAN. According to the Faith of Jesus, a man cannot be born without a biological parent. Only in the gospel of Paul, who was a Hellenist man from the Greek city of Tarsus. Where did he get this idea? Definitely not from the only Scriptures Jesus used to refer to as the Word of God.

Has God ever been logical according to the dictates of man ?

Was the separating of the red sea logical ?

Was the walls of Jericho falling down logical ?

Was the 10 plaques of Egypt logical ?

Was God creating the heavens and the earth logical ?

If you keep the looking for logical YOU will never find God nor His salvation !

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to the Faith of Jesus, a man cannot be born without a biological parent.

That's only in the context of the blinded Israel of Jacob.

The Lord told Isaiah, "Go and say to this people: 'Hear and hear, but do not understand; see and see, but do not perceive.' Make the heart of this people fat and their ears heavy and shut their eyes lest they see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." (Isaiah 6:9-10 RSV)

Brother Ducky

Calvinism and justification by faith are conflicting doctrines.

Goodness gracious no.

Paul never taught that we are saved by a declaration from God that some are chosen and other are damned to hell.

And neither does any Calvinist that I know of. If you have a source for this statement please enlighten us. Or are you just making this up?

Ben Masada

That's only in the context of the blinded Israel of Jacob.

The Lord told Isaiah, "Go and say to this people: 'Hear and hear, but do not understand; see and see, but do not perceive.' Make the heart of this people fat and their ears heavy and shut their eyes lest they see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their hearts, and turn and be healed." (Isaiah 6:9-10 RSV)

Isaiah in 6:9-14 was speaking in a parable to illustrate God's rejection of Israel the Ten Tribes and confirmation of Judah as the elected one. (Psalm 78:67-70) The Divine decision had been made and Israel had been doomed, but Israel would never understand why anyway. However, the message had to be delivered by Isaiah although never understood. Only later in the Babylonian exile, Ezra explained the parabolic secret to Judah. Hence the reason why, when the Jews returned to the Land of Israel, the Jews stopped by Jerusalem to mourn for the Ten Tribes as one mourns for his firstborn. (Zech. 12:10-14) Only the Jews understood then why they were back to the Land of Israel while Ephraim had to remain forever exiled in Assyria.

Ben Masada

Has God ever been logical according to the dictates of man ?

Was the separating of the red sea logical ?

Was the walls of Jericho falling down logical ?

Was the 10 plaques of Egypt logical ?

Was God creating the heavens and the earth logical ?

If you keep the looking for logical YOU will never find God nor His salvation !

What breaks the Logic in the studies of God's Word is to apply literal interpretation to the letter for lack of metaphorical understanding. All your questions in this post of yours is based on the fact that every thing is taken literally.

dodge

What breaks the Logic in the studies of God's Word is to apply literal interpretation to the letter for lack of metaphorical understanding. All your questions in this post of yours is based on the fact that every thing is taken literally.

And you believe God's word should NOT be taken literally....I suggest you place your trust and faith in God.

Robert Pate

Banned
What? What are you saying? Paul taught adherents of the Torah that they are justified by faith apart from the works of the law. True Gentiles would not have known the Torah if they stumbled over it. The law was given to the Israel of Jacob, not to the Israel of God.

Only unbelievers are under the law, 1 Timothy 1:9, 10.

To be under the law or to live according to law is to be under a curse, Galatians 3:10.

Ben Masada

This question of your makes no sense. Jesus was son of God indeed but not as an individual but as part of the People if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is my son; so, let My son go that he may serve Me." Paul must have read this text and made of it a reason to justify his policy of Replacement Theology by discarding Israel aside and replacing the collective with the individual in Jesus.

dodge

This question of your makes no sense. Jesus was son of God indeed but not as an individual but as part of the People if you read Exodus 4:22,23. "Israel is my son; so, let My son go that he may serve Me." Paul must have read this text and made of it a reason to justify his policy of Replacement Theology by discarding Israel aside and replacing the collective with the individual in Jesus.

I did NOT ask a question I made a statement !

Jhn 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Ben Masada

And you believe God's word should NOT be taken literally....I suggest you place your trust and faith in God.

Right, God's Word must not be taken literally. There is much to learn from the letter, no doubt, but it is of the value of silver. If you want to go for the gold, you must go deeper into the metaphorical realm of understanding.

Ben Masada

I did NOT ask a question I made a statement !

Jhn 8:58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

All the same; I did not understand your statement. And as John 8:58 is concerned, as a Jew, Jesus would have never spoken thus. No wonder, the Jews who were listened to him could not take it as from a spiritually healthy mind but as a blasphemy. But of course, that text did not come out of Jesus' mind. Any one can see the Hellenist pen at work in the gospel of Paul. Make me no wrong. I have nothing against the gospel of Paul but to the fact that the NT is using a Jew to fight against Judaism.

dodge

All the same; I did not understand your statement. And as John 8:58 is concerned, as a Jew, Jesus would have never spoken thus. No wonder, the Jews who were listened to him could not take it as from a spiritually healthy mind but as a blasphemy. But of course, that text did not come out of Jesus' mind. Any one can see the Hellenist pen at work in the gospel of Paul. Make me no wrong. I have nothing against the gospel of Paul but to the fact that the NT is using a Jew to fight against Judaism.

Jesus never fought against Judaism Jesus as the Messiah is the fulfillment of the law !

Robert Pate

Banned

Jesus never fought against Judaism Jesus as the Messiah is the fulfillment of the law !

Right, Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. Jesus is also the epitome of God's Holy Law.

"But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets" Romans 3:21.