ECT Pat Robertson and Holy Laughter

Pat Robertson hosts the 700 Club on CBN, and it's probably shown on many other stations besides. At his age, most men have retired. But Pat continues on preaching the Word, as he sees it. His conservative take on most issues would be consistent with most conservatives here. I said most not all. Maybe I should have said some. He's a strong advocate of Israel of which I'm in agreement with him. He believes in a post-tribulation rapture where he and I disagree. I don't have a problem with that. He answers questions from the audience from index cards or letters written in. Some of his answers are way off, but his staff manages to rein him in, most of the time. He frequently has guests on who profess miracles in their lives. Who am I to argue since I've been the recipient of several of God's miracles. My problem is with certain guests he has. Today or yesterday his guest was Kenneth Copeland. I keep on seeing that demonic Holy Laughter activity that I showed on another thread. Why would Pat give KC a wider audience and some legitimacy to the Holy Laughter Movement, if it truly is a movement. Pat also has a certain amount of respect of the Roman Catholic Pope. I don't see this when Pat's son runs the show but it usually follows the same formula. The guest is usually plugging a book, or books.

At what point in time do we dismiss certain Christian teachers, supposedly of the word, who have reached the point of irrelevance? Take Billy Graham for another example? Thoughts anyone?

Pat Robertson and the Gay and Lesbian Movement

Pat Robertson and the Gay and Lesbian Movement

Pat Robertson Has Crazy Advice For A Woman Following Her Husband's Gay Affair

Pat Robertson is at it again.

No stranger to anti-gay remarks, the conservative televangelist advised one of his "700 Club" viewers to forgive her husband of 11 years after he apparently cheated on her with a male friend he'd met at their church when they were drunk, Right Wing Watch first reported.

Read full article at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/27/pat-robertson-gay-affair-advice_n_7154618.html

Of course, keep in kind this is from the Huffington Post. The Huffington Post loves to pound on conservatives, especially anti-Gay conservatives. People still sin. If they truly want forgiveness, they ask God for it and the power to withstand temptation in the future. The wife of this man should make up her own mind whether this was an anomoly, or an emerging pattern. These quick fix, 30 second sermons, won't fix a marriage. It takes work on both parties, and a willingness to forgive. Only God can solve these problems.

revpete

Pat Robertson hosts the 700 Club on CBN, and it's probably shown on many other stations besides. At his age, most men have retired. But Pat continues on preaching the Word, as he sees it. His conservative take on most issues would be consistent with most conservatives here. I said most not all. Maybe I should have said some. He's a strong advocate of Israel of which I'm in agreement with him. He believes in a post-tribulation rapture where he and I disagree. I don't have a problem with that. He answers questions from the audience from index cards or letters written in. Some of his answers are way off, but his staff manages to rein him in, most of the time. He frequently has guests on who profess miracles in their lives. Who am I to argue since I've been the recipient of several of God's miracles. My problem is with certain guests he has. Today or yesterday his guest was Kenneth Copeland. I keep on seeing that demonic Holy Laughter activity that I showed on another thread. Why would Pat give KC a wider audience and some legitimacy to the Holy Laughter Movement, if it truly is a movement. Pat also has a certain amount of respect of the Roman Catholic Pope. I don't see this when Pat's son runs the show but it usually follows the same formula. The guest is usually plugging a book, or books.

At what point in time do we dismiss certain Christian teachers, supposedly of the word, who have reached the point of irrelevance? Take Billy Graham for another example? Thoughts anyone?

I would stop listening to them when and if they start spouting heresy like Copland, Duplantis and the other word of heresy teachers. I don't think Pat has gone that far even if at times he can go too far down the road of compromise.

Pete 👤

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Soo Pat Robertson has gone daft too? It seem this nonesense is catching. I haven't listened to 700 club is a long time.

musterion

He's been approaching senile for about a decade now. But DuPlantiss, since he came up, said THE most offensive thing I have EVER heard come out of a supposedly Christian TV preacher's mouth, that I honestly have never been able to bring myself to repeat it.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
I saw Duplantis on TV several years ago say that he'd been to heaven and seen the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
He said he also saw his Colonial mansion with white columns.

I haven't watched him since.
Really never could stand him.