ECT Partaking of the Bread and Wine

Cross Reference

. . .will be taken as the literal Body of Jesus Christ by those who alone who have an intimate relationship with Him. All others should refrain from partaking. That was the warning given us for understanding the consequences of doing so by the use of the word, "unworthily".

"For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body."

1 Corinthians 11:26-29 (KJV)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So you are saying all the Roman Catholics are partaking worthily?

Cross Reference

. . .will be taken as the literal Body of Jesus Christ by those alone who have an intimate relationship with Him. All others should refrain from partaking. That was the warning given us for understanding the consequences of doing so by the use of the word, "unworthily".

"For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body."

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
COMMUNION

I Jn 1:7
7 But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
Heb 4:12-13
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.
2 Tim 2:15
15 Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Tim 4:9
9 Be diligent to come to me quickly;
2 Pet 1:10-11
10 Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
11 for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Matt 5:6
6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled.
1 Cor 11:25-31
25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.
27 Therefore whoever eats this bread or drinks this cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of the bread and drink of the cup.
29 For he who eats and drinks in an unworthy manner eats and drinks judgment to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this reason many are weak and sick among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged.
Gal 5:22-25
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
2 Cor 13:5
5 Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Do you not know yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?-- unless indeed you are disqualified.
Gal 6:3-9
3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.
4 But let each one examine his own work, and then he will have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another.
5 For each one shall bear his own load.
6 Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches.
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.
9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
2 Cor 13:11-14
11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Become complete. Be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you.
12 Greet one another with a holy kiss.
13 All the saints greet you.
14 The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen.
Rom 12:16
16 Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.
1 Cor 1:10
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
Phil 3:16-18
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.
17 Brethren, join in following my example, and note those who so walk, as you have us for a pattern.
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
1 Cor 2:4-5
4 And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,
5 that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.
1 Cor 2:7
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
1 Cor 2:9-10
9 But as it is written: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
10 But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God.
1 Cor 2:12-15
12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
13 These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14 But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15 But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.
(NKJ)
xxxxxxCommunion is joined to the Holy Spirit in obedience and submission. Christ is the bread of life, and we are to eat of His flesh and drink of His blood(study, study, study the new testament) Christ IS the new testament.
Communion in the church of drinking the wine and eating the bread is symbolic of our relationship with the Holy Spirit. As water baptism is symbolic of the washing of water by the Word.

1 Cor 1:10
10 Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Cor 11:24-26
24 and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, "Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me."
25 In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me."
26 For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death till He comes.
(NKJ)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I guess he doesn't want to answer. Maybe he will when he tells us what good news Judas preached.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
.All others should refrain from partaking. That was the warning given us for understanding the consequences of doing so by the use of the word, "unworthily".

So you are saying all the Roman Catholics are partaking worthily? Since he clearly says the RCC is not with him, and they partake.

Apparently, you don't believe the scripture I posited is at least worth considering? Is that just part of your Catholic indoctrination or what?

You only live with the promise of salvation. Now, ask the question of yourself and see what you come up with.

And you need to catch up to get on the same page. Quit assuming reading the table of contents will get you there... It won't.

All of his rebuke here is against chrysostom promoting the RCC.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Have you seen anyone die from partaking unworthily?

That statement means nothing.

1Co 11:22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
1Co 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
1Co 11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
1Co 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
1Co 11:30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
1Co 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
1Co 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

1Co 11:33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
1Co 11:34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.

LA

heir

TOL Subscriber
. . .will be taken as the literal Body of Jesus Christ by those who alone who have an intimate relationship with Him. All others should refrain from partaking. That was the warning given us for understanding the consequences of doing so by the use of the word, "unworthily".

There was only one of the twelve that ate and drank unworthily and he was a devil.

Cross Reference

you expect cr to make sense of these questions?

Suffice to say, partaking of the Bread and Wine has to do with the acknowledgement of one's intimacy with Jesus. Do to so without such intimacy is to make a mockery out of it. I know that sounds extreme however, we witness the results both in the physical and Spiritual dispositions of our lives while declaring it all as being inconsequential to our "unworthiness". All Christians sin", we say and along comes a man like Oswald Chambers and says: "If you are a Christian, you don't sin" and he gets called for preaching another gospel. So, given Paul's admonishment of partaking unworthily, who should we say is correct in their understanding?

heir

TOL Subscriber
And when you partake, how do you see yourself?
I don't, you devil.

Mark 14:13 And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.

Mark 14:14 And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?

Mark 14:15 And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us.

Mark 14:16 And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the passover.

Mark 14:17 And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

Mark 14:18 And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me.

Mark 14:19 And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?

Mark 14:20 And he answered and said unto them, It is one of the twelve, that dippeth with me in the dish.

Mark 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

Cross Reference

I don't, you devil.

Your's is the disposition of most all who cannot see because of religion that is has blinded them to the truth of God's word which speaks of our much needed intimate relationship with Him if we are to receive His sustaining Life. Re-read John 17:1ff__ especially Jn17:3 KJV.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks, chrysostom. I wouldn't even make the attempt if I could, knowing their ir-rationale. They ask not because they have questions but only seek to mock.

So you can not say if catholics partake in an unworthy manner? You brought up the subject and you claim you don't understand?

Have you seen anybody die from partaking? So they must have all be worthy don't you think?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Your's is the disposition of most all who cannot see because of religion that is has blinded them to the truth of God's word which speaks of our much needed intimate relationship with Him if we are to receive His sustaining Life.
Colossians 2:10 KJV
Colossians 3:1-4 KJV