Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
SUTG denying the atheist worldview

SUTG denying the atheist worldview

SUTG said:
That isn't the "Atheist Worldview".
SUTG, I've had at least 100 conversations with atheists who maintain such points. And such claims are very fundamental, re: truth, absolutes, etc.

One such conversation occurred at our Denver Bible Church trip to Denver's Museum of Science and Nature, in front of a dozen of our friends and church members, resulting in this thread, and the show titled:

Museum Curator Dr. Kirk Johnson: I Might Not Exist!

Jeremiah posted that this curator Dr. Johnson:
Jeremiah said:
...has staked his life and his reputation on the "truth" of evolution and the "certainty" of the "fallacy" of God and creation. Yet he is not sure that he, himself exists. :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: :darwinsm: Stop it, you're killing me!!!!! You just can't make this kind of stuff up. This is absolutely hysterical!
And Jefferson's best quote of the show:
I said, "Dr. Johnson, you intuitively fear God and so your refusing to admit truth is because you know where truth will lead you. Truth will lead you to the God of truth."

And that's where he doesn't want to go. So to throw an intellectual tantrum and say, "I don't know if I exist" - well, and they're afraid if they admit that, what that means. That means there is truth. And they don't want to admit truth.​

aharvey

Bob Enyart said:
SUTG, I've had at least 100 conversations with atheists who maintain such points. And such claims are very fundamental, re: truth, absolutes, etc.
This could simply mean that you talk a lot (if I had a million conversations with creationists, I'm sure at least a hundred of them would maintain that eight people could take care of even a hundred thousand animals on a wooden boat through a year long Storm).

It probably also means that you are an excellent debator who is experienced and adept at setting traps for unwary conversants, as your discussion with Kirk Johnson illustrates quite nicely. The fact that in order to falsify the atheist worldview you have to distort it (isn't that a strawman?) is less than impressive, however.

However, I am impressed at your apparent speaking rate. Not many people can speak at the rate of 1100 words a second, even for a mere 1.4 seconds. That might also explain why so few people get the best of you in debates.

SUTG

Bob Enyart said:

You can probably find 100 atheists that think the Minnesota Vikings will win the SuperBowl. Does that qualify it at the Official Atheist Position? All that the 'atheist' title designates is a disbelief in any type of gods, including the Christian God. That is the official atheist position.

I've listened to quite a few episodes of BEL and usually enjoy the show quite a bit. I have a vague recollection of the episode with museum curator Dr. Johnson, and recall his hesitation with giving an answer to your question on whether or not he exists. I don't see a problem with that. What would an affirmative answer even mean?

Granite

Hall of Fame
Nothing.

Just because Enyart thinks in black or white terms doesn't mean the rest of the world has to or should.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Some Utterly Thick Guy

Some Utterly Thick Guy

Originally posted by Moronhttp://theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1253524&postcount=25
I've listened to quite a few episodes of BEL and usually enjoy the show quite a bit. I have a vague recollection of the episode with museum curator Dr. Johnson, and recall his hesitation with giving an answer to your question on whether or not he exists. I don't see a problem with that. What would an affirmative answer even mean?​
SUTG, certainly, it would be impossible to explain it to you.

-Bob Enyart

Last edited:

SUTG

Bob Enyart said:

-Bob Enyart

Correct. You don't seem qualified to explain much at all.

But I'm sure you're convinced that you have the authoritative answer regarding this and most other questions.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame
Bob Enyart said:
Originally posted by Moronhttp://theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1253524&postcount=25
I've listened to quite a few episodes of BEL and usually enjoy the show quite a bit. I have a vague recollection of the episode with museum curator Dr. Johnson, and recall his hesitation with giving an answer to your question on whether or not he exists. I don't see a problem with that. What would an affirmative answer even mean?​

-Bob Enyart
Good job SUTG! you wore him down to insults and dismissal, keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.