Oxford Professor: Official Data Shows Face Masks "Made No Meaningful Difference" To Infection Rates

Gary K

Banned
Yeah, the official numbers show masks are nothing but a control mechanism. The do nothing to reduce any meaningful risk.

Gary K

Banned
I guess I should get a job as an Oxford Professor because I called that way before he did.
The reason his statement is newsworthy is because of where he works and the data he used. He might very well have gotten himself fired for saying what he did. At the very least he will not get anymore research grants as he refuted the party line. As far as I'm concerned he showed a remarkable amount of courage and honesty.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Yeah, the official numbers show masks are nothing but a control mechanism. The do nothing to reduce any meaningful risk.
"The vaccines we have are safe and effective, they have massively reduced serious disease and death. They will be still be effective to some extent and I would urge everyone to get theirs.” -- Professor Jim Naismith, director of the Rosalind Franklin Institute and Professor of Structural Biology at the University of Oxford

The reason his statement is newsworthy is because of where he works and the data he used. He might very well have gotten himself fired for saying what he did. At the very least he will not get anymore research grants as he refuted the party line. As far as I'm concerned he showed a remarkable amount of courage and honesty.

He's a racist!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The reason his statement is newsworthy is because of where he works and the data he used. He might very well have gotten himself fired for saying what he did.
You don't seem to know what you are talking about:

Prof Jim Naismith, director of the Rosalind Franklin Institute at the University of Oxford, said: “Beyond vaccination, ventilation is an effective measure as is universal masking.”

Derf

Precisely. I am here. And who am I? You don't know. I'm just some anonymous poster goofing off on the rest of you, as are you. None of us are experts of any kind on anything.
You’ve just described the majority of PhDs in the collegiate world.