ECT Our triune God

Lon

Not so.

A righteous man without spot or blemish atoned for mans sin.

Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

LA
:nono: Not as far as Bright Raven gave it. Please do respond to him there though. Thanks, -Lon

Cross Reference

So are you indicating Jesus was condoning the guy for calling him good?

Or to rethink why he was calling him good?

Why not let the verse say what it says and see where it takes you. Run it out in your thinking and see where it ends up. Of course, if you need your Bible footnotes for some "canned" insight, the end is already predetermined.

Cross Reference

While in the past I have asserted that Jesus is not God, I have come to believe that is not entirely the case, by the same token one cannot say Jesus is God and be totally correct.

I am glad you said, "not entirely".

If it were that cut and dried there would be no controversy over the trinity.

Satan would never let the argument ever end.

There has to be a father and son relationship involved.

Exactly how that figures in is tough to put in words.

Indeed and the fact it is difficult gives one NO reason to raise the issue of heresy.

I may read some of his writing, as father and son, is I believe, the "our image" God was talking about to his son when he said let us make man in our image.

Moses saw the hindquarters of the Word of God., Exo 33:20-22 KJV. Was the Word the Son of God? Can we not conclude that, since He did all the creating and it was for Him per John 1:1-3 KJV, He was the image in Whom man was created? I believe Satan would agree with that: "And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread."
Luke 4:3 (KJV)

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
You have never been filled with the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:38 have you.

Of course I have. It just wasn't putting the new wine in old wineskins as you and so many others have done. I'm translated into Christ. I've put on Christ and put off the old man. The last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

You are not qualified to make such a judgment.

LA

Sure I am. I judge no hearts, only all things. Those false belief systems are things as constructs of men. They are not the authentic historical Faith, just like Unitarianism is not the Christian faith.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
"In the last days I will pour out My Spirit upon ALL flesh", saith the Lord.

The fact it all isn't happening as YOU would have it, breaks my heart.

I guess it all depends upon whether one knows "the last days" were long ago and include today versus a false Futurist eschatological error applied to OT prophecy that denies Christ fulfilled all that was foretold.

Amazing how moderns ars so enthralled with making themselves and their era as the anthropocentric focus of prophecies long fulfilled by the risen and ascended Lord.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Actually I think he was making a two fold point.

One that Jesus was not created.

After some reflection this evening I am convinced that the son of God was not created.

His second point is Jesus is God.

While in the past I have asserted that Jesus is not God, I have come to believe that is not entirely the case, by the same token one cannot say Jesus is God and be totally correct.

If it were that cut and dried there would be no controversy over the trinity.

There has to be a father and son relationship involved.

Exactly how that figures in is tough to put in words.

Evidently Augustine tried and was not entirely successful.

I may read some of his writing, as father and son, is I believe, the "our image" God was talking about to his son when he said let us make man in our image.

With this, I am convinced God has unfolded, and is unfolding, the truth of Himself to you.

Cross Reference

He was Theos (anarthrous), meaning qualitative characterists and functional activity of the only divinity. Homoousios. Not merely homoiousios.

As far as I am concerned, you are wrong, however,if you want to be understood speak with consideration. No one should have look up anyone's words. I'm not.

Lon

<I can't stand it . .no zeal or knowledge>
A fairly lofty position of one who doesn't need to learn or gain knowledge any longer:
As far as I am concerned, you are wrong, however,if you want to be understood speak with consideration. No one should have look up anyone's words. I'm not.
I don't know if you understand the sad irony here... :(

So, was Jesus God or not?
Absolutely but:
I am glad you said, "not entirely".
He is 100%. John 1:1 was with AND was God.

Satan would never let the argument ever end.
Or man.

Indeed and the fact it is difficult gives one NO reason to raise the issue of heresy.
Ouch so "As we are, God once was" -Lorenzo Snow isn't heresy or blasphemy? Anything goes because it is 'difficult?'

Moses saw the hindquarters of the Word of God., Exo 33:20-22 KJV. Was the Word the Son of God? Can we not conclude that, since He did all the creating and it was for Him per John 1:1-3 KJV, He was the image in Whom man was created? I believe Satan would agree with that: "And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread."
Luke 4:3 (KJV)
:idunno: You lost me here.

Why not let the verse say what it says and see where it takes you. Run it out in your thinking and see where it ends up. Of course, if you need your Bible footnotes for some "canned" insight, the end is already predetermined.
Matthew 6:40 and Galatians 6:6 "the end is already predetermined."