ECT Our triune God

jsjohnnt

PneumaPsucheSoma writes " . . . . His Logos made flesh via the ontological Gospel of Paul . . . . "

A little convoluted. The Logos was not made flesh via the ontologlocial gospel if you mean that Paul's gospel created the Logos in the flesh. I doubt that is what you meant to say. But to my point: The Christ of God IS the ontology of the gospel.

You cannot have "indwelling" apart from an ontological (living, breathing) presence, namely a living Christ capable of indwelling.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
PneumaPsucheSoma writes " . . . . His Logos made flesh via the ontological Gospel of Paul . . . . "

A little convoluted. The Logos was not made flesh via the ontologlocial gospel if you mean that Paul's gospel created the Logos in the flesh. I doubt that is what you meant to say. But to my point: The Christ of God IS the ontology of the gospel.

You cannot have "indwelling" apart from an ontological (living, breathing) presence, namely a living Christ capable of indwelling.

Nope. ...seeking...via the ontological Gospel...

A bit of a mixture, that. I'm most definitely the most intense type of upstreamer possible in humanity. It's about seeking the absolute depth, breadth, height, and glory of God and His Logos made flesh via the ontological Gospel of Paul (not Barth and others) instead of adhering to the doctrines and dogma of men (and of devils).

The searching and yielding honors God if it's all about Him.

And the ontology I'm referring to is OURS in Christ, hypostatically. :)

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
But you have the paradox of determining who spoke at the creative utterance. Most multi-hypostatic Trinitarians don't realize what a quandary this is.

Is the Logos spoken or does the Logos speak?

And it's always odd how Ho Logos is just a meaningless title to conventional Trinitarians for the Son.

The Apostle John clearly indicates Ho Logos (the Word) was with and was a God, not Ho Huios (the Son).

Speaking reflects thinking. Time/space/matter terms can't be randomly applied to transcendence.

[QUOTE]Mity asy observation was correct. You can't account for the means of God creating and inhabiting that creation, which includes the created everlasting realm of "heaven" and etern its durative endless time property.

And I'm confused why you would here bid me farewell and then make three more posts. Again, it may seem I'm being terse by my style, but I'm not.

A multi-hypostasis ousia is what you expressed. That's what I was referring to, and it indicates an ousia "having" multiple hypostases. :)

I'm not much of a fan of most more modern treatments of the Trinity, which end up being conceptual rhetoric from English-based thought and preference.

"Glory with" is hardly relationally interactive. I see no first-person reciprocal relationship, only directional prayer from Theanthropos mentioning a proximity.

Exactly my point. So why would you so elaborately extrapolate an eternal transcendent relationality that you insist is represented in scripture, and build an entire concept of love as God DOING to BE?

"Sent" and "seen" don't represent much intimate relational eternal interactivity you insist upon as scriptural and the foundation for God's Self-existence and ontology of love.

Looks more genuinely equivocal (and referencing third-party observation) than relational.

Your concept doesn't appear to be predicated upon scripture at all, which is why I always ask for such scripture. God is most often addressing us with any mention of the Son.

Can you provide examples of the Father speaking to the Son or Holy Spirit? Or of the Son and Holy Spirit speaking to each other? I'd be very interested in seeing those passages.

Right, and there is no "throughout" for God's innate eternality (which you refer to as eternity), as that's another durative time term applied to timelessness. There is no time component to eternality (an adjectival noun).

The problem is the English terms eternal and eternity. The former is aidios, but is most often used to depict aionios.

In math terms...
God, and God alone, is eternal. Line. No beginning/no end. Aidios.
Heaven is everlasting. Ray. Beginning/no end. Aionios.
The cosmos is temporal. Line segment. Beginning/end. Aion(s).

Eternity is most often applied to heaven, and then also applied to God. But God is timeless (aidios) and heaven had an inception and some form of durative endless time (aionios). Both are, unfortunately, referred to in English as eternity (noun), while eternal (adjective) can only be applied to God. (There is no "eternity past".)

God, as aidios, created aionios.

I think you acknowledge it, but you don't really understand what it really entails.

God created the intangible realm along with the tangible realm, and He inhabited them both when/as He instantiated them into existence.

The internal processions of the multi-hypostatic Trinity cannot account for creation, and ex-/ek- are external. Your a God has no means of creating and entering immanence from His transcendent Self-existence.

You've run headlong into the singular omission of the Patristics, and why there were other formulaics competing for orthodoxy. There is only one answer, and it requires understanding what God's Rhema and Logos actually are.

I was simply informing you of your caricature of what I've expressed. It's difficult for others with two-dimensional thought to convert to three-dimensional thought.

Okay. :)[/QUOTE]

can anyone ?

jsjohnnt

Pneuma writes: "The Apostle John clearly indicates Ho Logos (the Word) was with and was a God, not Ho Huios (the Son)."

For starters, drop the indefinite article and you have the truth. Secondly, it is neither logical to argue that when John names Christ as God, implicitly (I John 4:2), he excludes the possibility that He is also "the Son" at the same time; nor is this true. In John 5, the Apostle makes it clear that Jesus as "Son of God" made himself equal to being God..

jsjohnnt

Nope. ...seeking...via the ontological Gospel...

And the ontology I'm referring to is OURS in Christ, hypostatically. :)

Still, Christ is the ontological Gospel.

Further, sounds like a redundancy to me. I mean, since we are alive, we have ontology. It goes without saying. Why make this a point of discussion? I am thinking you wrote a poorly crafted statement and now, that you have been called, you are tying to wiggle out of your error, with all due respect.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Originally Posted by PneumaPsucheSoma
But you have the paradox of determining who spoke at the creative utterance. Most multi-hypostatic Trinitarians don't realize what a quandary this is.

Is the Logos spoken or does the Logos speak?

And it's always odd how Ho Logos is just a meaningless title to conventional Trinitarians for the Son.

The Apostle John clearly indicates Ho Logos (the Word) was with and was a God, not Ho Huios (the Son).

Speaking reflects thinking. Time/space/matter terms can't be randomly applied to transcendence.

My observation was correct. You can't account for the means of God creating and inhabiting that creation, which includes the created everlasting realm of "heaven" and etern its durative endless time property.

And I'm confused why you would here bid me farewell and then make three more posts. Again, it may seem I'm being terse by my style, but I'm not.

A multi-hypostasis ousia is what you expressed. That's what I was referring to, and it indicates an ousia "having" multiple hypostases.

I'm not much of a fan of most more modern treatments of the Trinity, which end up being conceptual rhetoric from English-based thought and preference.

"Glory with" is hardly relationally interactive. I see no first-person reciprocal relationship, only directional prayer from Theanthropos mentioning a proximity.

Exactly my point. So why would you so elaborately extrapolate an eternal transcendent relationality that you insist is represented in scripture, and build an entire concept of love as God DOING to BE?

"Sent" and "seen" don't represent much intimate relational eternal interactivity you insist upon as scriptural and the foundation for God's Self-existence and ontology of love.

Looks more genuinely equivocal (and referencing third-party observation) than relational.

Your concept doesn't appear to be predicated upon scripture at all, which is why I always ask for such scripture. God is most often addressing us with any mention of the Son.

Can you provide examples of the Father speaking to the Son or Holy Spirit? Or of the Son and Holy Spirit speaking to each other? I'd be very interested in seeing those passages.

Right, and there is no "throughout" for God's innate eternality (which you refer to as eternity), as that's another durative time term applied to timelessness. There is no time component to eternality (an adjectival noun).

The problem is the English terms eternal and eternity. The former is aidios, but is most often used to depict aionios.

In math terms...
God, and God alone, is eternal. Line. No beginning/no end. Aidios.
Heaven is everlasting. Ray. Beginning/no end. Aionios.
The cosmos is temporal. Line segment. Beginning/end. Aion(s).

Eternity is most often applied to heaven, and then also applied to God. But God is timeless (aidios) and heaven had an inception and some form of durative endless time (aionios). Both are, unfortunately, referred to in English as eternity (noun), while eternal (adjective) can only be applied to God. (There is no "eternity past".)

God, as aidios, created aionios.

I think you acknowledge it, but you don't really understand what it really entails.

God created the intangible realm along with the tangible realm, and He inhabited them both when/as He instantiated them into existence.

The internal processions of the multi-hypostatic Trinity cannot account for creation, and ex-/ek- are external. Your a God has no means of creating and entering immanence from His transcendent Self-existence.

You've run headlong into the singular omission of the Patristics, and why there were other formulaics competing for orthodoxy. There is only one answer, and it requires understanding what God's Rhema and Logos actually are.

I was simply informing you of your caricature of what I've expressed. It's difficult for others with two-dimensional thought to convert to three-dimensional thought.

Okay.

can anyone ?

Yes. I can explicitly do so via exegesis and lexicography.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Pneuma writes: "The Apostle John clearly indicates Ho Logos (the Word) was with and was a God, not Ho Huios (the Son)."

For starters, drop the indefinite article and you have the truth.

That was auto correct. It constantly does that and I forget to find them all and remove them.

Secondly, it is neither logical to argue that when John names Christ as God, implicitly (I John 4:2), he excludes the possibility that He is also "the Son" at the same time; nor is this true. In John 5, the Apostle makes it clear that Jesus as "Son of God" made himself equal to being God..

I wholly and adamantly affirm the ONTOLOGICAL Deity of Christ.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Still, Christ is the ontological Gospel.

Further, sounds like a redundancy to me. I mean, since we are alive, we have ontology. It goes without saying. Why make this a point of discussion? I am thinking you wrote a poorly crafted statement and now, that you have been called, you are tying to wiggle out of your error, with all due respect.

That's because you have no idea what I'm talking about, not because I mis-spoke.

The Gospel is that we are ontologically IN Christ.

jsjohnnt

That's because you have no idea what I'm talking about, not because I mis-spoke.

Of course we are "ontologically" in Christ. But that is true only because he has a shared ontology that allows Him to invite us "in," and to indwell at the same time.

jsjohnnt

Trust me, you are not so intellectually superior that I don't understand what you wrote. I understand. That is exactly why I wrote my response. I have no tea-leaves in my office, so if you meant to frame our ontological presence in him, you should have said so.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps you could tell us exactly what it means for us to be in Christ and Him to be in us. Specifically. Ontologically.

:)

sorry to butt in here. please pps and tftn, and everyone, i am not criticizing or telling anyone what to, or how to think or speak. obviously, when conversing with others that know theology proper and the various terms, inclusive and powerful words and meanings, it goes smoother. exciting, i imagine, and deeply spiritual at times.

eventually, we have to attempt to explain our thoughts; what we "feel" and how EVERYTHING WORKS. while saving time and keystrokes using more powerful, meaningful, anciently rooted words - more time and strokes will be used explaining and expressing yourselves later

so far, i've found that the words being used - are thoughts, feelings, truths, and "lines of thought" that i have already pondered. consequently, i am making efforts to study this terminology more. i don't feel slighted or disrespected in the least. maybe a tad "uneducated" enough to fully participate. if i jump in on deep topics, i will likely use a bunch of uneccesary regular words. God Bless To All - :patrol:

jsjohnnt

Perhaps you could tell us exactly what it means for us to be in Christ and Him to be in us. Specifically. Ontologically.

:)
John 17:20-24, Philip 2:12-13 - scriptures that are my best answer. You deny that "I in them and they in us" is an ontological statement ? Christ is our "life force, " our ontology. He is our being, our life, our existence (Acts 17:28). He is our very life, and is as critical to our existence as our heart or lungs or whatever, but more than these things, he is that which gives life to everything we count as life giving.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
the question most people are afraid of is "what does it mean to You" ? no sripture, no quotes. in your own words. IN CHRIST - CHRIST IN ME. i can do that, and have. on a public forum, no matter what you say,it will be attacked, argued, rebuked, "fixed", explained differently etc.

nobody will risk "saying the wrong thing" and forever being cursed by the brethen. IMO, and mine only, when folks analyze, theorize, philosophize, scrutinize, memorize and prophecies(ize), overcomplicationalization of the nation occurs.

sometimes the most intricate details are simple. i wish i had the words myself, so The Bible Is my source, as most of us on tol. May God Bless All For All Time ! ! ! - ( yes, that means exactly what it says. ALL For ALL TIME - look it up JK - look that up, just. kidding. what does it "really" mean ! i must have meaning. that means something, everything in fact. Does anyone no what i mean ? don't be mean in the meantime

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
And yet... There is only one answer. :)

true. can anyone ever truly know on earth ? (watch hateful folks attack that question). so, no matter what we do or where we search, OUTSIDE of The Bible, leads nowhere. i know you believe this, that wasn't my point, but any "deep-thinking" requires questions and doubtful ponderings.
call it testing the spirits, discernment, seeking God as The Bible tells us. proving and disproving, affirming our Faith. i believe we "catch" small glimpses of God and All Things, nearly imperceptible, but what i'm describing is like an indescribable contentment.
lol
not ecstasy or some supernatural connection, but a "knowing". and i'm not speaking of the Contentment Christians have In Christ Jesus in our everyday lives, but a deeper "feeling", for lack of a better word. Holy Spirit, Yes. indescribable.

GOD. The Living Word - man's words, symbols, imaginations, thoughts, logic, sciences combined, will never explain God - every detail of life on earth(universe/anywhere) begins and ends with God. ok, this turned into a sermon. my fault - :patrol:

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
John 17:20-24, Philip 2:12-13 - scriptures that are my best answer. You deny that "I in them and they in us" is an ontological statement ? Christ is our "life force, " our ontology. He is our being, our life, our existence (Acts 17:28). He is our very life, and is as critical to our existence as our heart or lungs or whatever, but more than these things, he is that which gives life to everything we count as life giving.

No, I don't deny it's an ontological statement.

I just know others can only label it and describe it at best, but can't provide the specificities of hows, etc.

How does one literally put on Christ and be in Christ? The above is just identity. Affiliation. Ontology is being.