"OSAS" people are not answering this question.

Shasta

The only baptism the Colossians were baptized with is the baptism into Christ's death (the same baptism as Romans 6:3-4 KJV which is the baptism which is "by one Spirit" 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV, the "one baptism" of Ephesians 4:5 KJV) and it's not some "ceremony" performed by man or in water, but through the faith and the operation of God!

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

So in your opinion when did they stop baptizing new converts in water ?

God's Truth

I have been freed from sin. I cannot be in sin. It is impossible. I am a slave to righteousness.

What were these believers doing if not sinning?

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

God's Truth

so true........ just because God chasten's a believer that does not mean that his/her sin is cleansed.

Revelation 3:19
19 All those I love, I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent!

That is an excellent scripture you gave to prove the point.

Jesus says those he loves he rebukes and disciplines, so that they REPENT.

Jesus says ALL THOSE I LOVE. I highlighted that with caps because there are many here who say Jesus was only speaking to the Jews and gave us different words from Paul.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Actually, it is much worse than this for you. Since you want to be of the circumcision so bad.

Hebrews 6

4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

However, us Saints are dead to sin and alive to the Lord Jesus Christ. He who has died, has been freed from sin. We are now slaves of righteousness.

Good post NM

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
:thumb: I always have to wonder about people who claim to believe the Bible but refuse to believe what the Bible says so clearly.

I always wonder about posters that, when asked, refuse to say if they have
ever read the entire Bible? That would be GT. Most refuse to post a personal
Testimony of their faith. I wonder about those types, as well.

redpill4vr

What Paul preached could not be of the same gospel as Mark 16:15-16 KJV as Paul would not have been able to say that Christ sent him not to baptize (1 Corinthians 1:17 KJV).

but he did baptize in the previous verses
1 corinthains 1:12-16
12 What I am saying is this: Each of you says, “I’m with Paul,” or “I’m with Apollos,” or “I’m with Cephas,” or “I’m with Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was it Paul who was crucified for you? Or were you baptized in Paul’s name? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one can say you were baptized in my name. 16 I did, in fact, baptize the household of Stephanas; beyond that, I don’t know if I baptized anyone else.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Hey GM,

How stupid can you get, me claiming as the same as GT?

she is pro-military and claiming to be saved, true and sinless Christian, I am none of that.

Most of all, she has been bashing me about my position of Paul.

You are much closer to her than me.

You need to get your brain checked, friend.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hey GM,

How stupid can you get, me claiming as the same as GT?

she is pro-military and claiming to be saved, true and sinless Christian, I am none of that.

This is the main reason for the neg-reps from me. Not the military position per se, but the fact that it is brought up. It has nothing to do with anything and is misdirection.