Operation Choke Point created by Obama to shut down legal businesses

Kit the Coyote

He very well could have been born in Hawaii, but he has family members that said he wasn't including his half brother.

As far as I know, only his half brother who appears to have reason to lie about it and posted a known fake birth certificate as his proof. The birth certificate was from a hospital on the opposite side of the country from where the Obama family lived and in a city that was not part of Kenya at the time he was born.

Other supposed claims by family members have proven equally bogus. Other family members confirmed he was never in Kenya before 1987.

There was a claim that his grandmother said so but it was actually the person interviewing her that made the statement and not speaking English she appears to agree but corrected him before the interview was over, that last part tends to get left out for some reason.

Kit the Coyote

British common law defines "natural born subjects", not "natural born citizens".

Correct since in Britain sovereignty devolves from the King/Queen. In the US it devolves from the Constitution so under US common law which was inherited from British Common Law, it became a natural born citizen.

genuineoriginal

Correct since in Britain sovereignty devolves from the King/Queen. In the US it devolves from the Constitution so under US common law which was inherited from British Common Law, it became a natural born citizen.
Under British common law, anyone born in the land ruled by a king/queen becomes a subject of that king/queen.
This has been extended to the children of any natural-born subject of the British king/queen.

William Blackstone, Commentaries
To encourage also foreign commerce, it was enacted by statute 25 Edw. III. st. 2. that all children born abroad, provided both their parents were at the time of the birth in allegiance to the king, and the mother had passed the seas by her husband's consent, might inherit as if born in England: and accordingly it hath been so adjudged in behalf of merchants. But by several more modern statutes these restrictions are still farther taken off: so that all children, born out of the king's ligeance, whose fathers were natural-born subjects, are now natural-born subjects themselves, to all intents and purposes, without any exception; unless their said fathers were attainted, or banished beyond sea, for high treason; or were then in the service of a prince at enmity with Great Britain.

Barack Obama Sr. was a natural-born subject of the British empire, which makes Barack Obama Jr. a natural-born subject of the British empire.

binyamin7

given the state of international travel at the time, it seems unlikely that a very pregnant ann dunham would fly to a third world country to deliver her child

Fair enough, I never felt compelled to chase that theory around. I had enough serious concerns about his background associations already.

Kit the Coyote

Under British common law, anyone born in the land ruled by a king/queen becomes a subject of that king/queen.
This has been extended to the children of any natural-born subject of the British king/queen.

William Blackstone, Commentaries
To encourage also foreign commerce, it was enacted by statute 25 Edw. III. st. 2. that all children born abroad, provided both their parents were at the time of the birth in allegiance to the king, and the mother had passed the seas by her husband's consent, might inherit as if born in England: and accordingly it hath been so adjudged in behalf of merchants. But by several more modern statutes these restrictions are still farther taken off: so that all children, born out of the king's ligeance, whose fathers were natural-born subjects, are now natural-born subjects themselves, to all intents and purposes, without any exception; unless their said fathers were attainted, or banished beyond sea, for high treason; or were then in the service of a prince at enmity with Great Britain.

Barack Obama Sr. was a natural-born subject of the British empire, which makes Barack Obama Jr. a natural-born subject of the British empire.

Yes, it could be argued that Obama could claim to be a natural born subject of Britain. He is none the less also a natural born citizen of the US. He has never claimed British Citizenship and being over the age of majority has likely lost any claim to it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Fair enough, I never felt compelled to chase that theory around. I had enough serious concerns about his background associations already.

me too

i was most disgusted by the fact that he was elected without any of the necessary experience, qualifications or training

Kit the Coyote

given the state of international travel at the time, it seems unlikely that a very pregnant ann dunham would fly to a third world country to deliver her child

This has always been a point for me, why would she risk travel that late in her pregnancy, by herself to meet people she doesn't know? The immigration records make it clear the father did not leave the country at that time.