Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Open Letter Part III

Thursday October 21st, 2004. This is show #211.

BEST QUOTE OF THE SHOW:

Chis Matthews on MSNBC . . . was saying, "How could George W. Bush get the complete support of the Christian pro-life community when he says, 'It's not my goal to overturn Roe v. Wade and I will appoint judges who are pro-choice?'" So he was mystified. How does George Bush do that and get the complete support of the pro-life community?

lux et veritas

crying for theocracy

crying for theocracy

Of course Bob E has George Bush over a barrel with this quote from the secular media. However I must ask this question. Can Bob Enyart name any current Christian politician who has gotten any national agenda established without compromise of his own core values? Bob must think that Bush is superhuman and can artfully dodge all opposition to anyone he appoints. Anyone out there old enough to remember what Robert Bork or Clarence Thomas went through? I know these are dirty words to a purist like Bob, but the last real shot he had at encouraging a theocracy was prior to 1929. Abortion is murder, don't mistake me on this issue, but everytime I hear Bob call out for his way of controlling the government, I hear the words civil war being leaked out. Anyone up for another one of those?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: crying for theocracy

Originally posted by lux et veritas
Can Bob Enyart name any current Christian politician who has gotten any national agenda established without compromise of his own core values?
The point is the liberal politicians don't have to compromise their core values. The fault lies with the Christian voters. We need to send the Republican party a message: "Either have a litmus test on nominating pro-life Supreme Court justices who are determined to overturn Roe v. Wade OR WE BOYCOTT THE ELECTION!!! But Christians just don't have the character to take a strong moral stand like that. We compromise so therefore, the Republican politicians compromise aslo. We get what we deserve.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Re: Re: crying for theocracy

Originally posted by Jefferson

The point is the liberal politicians don't have to compromise their core values. The fault lies with the Christian voters. We need to send the Republican party a message: "Either have a litmus test on nominating pro-life Supreme Court justices who are determined to overturn Roe v. Wade OR WE BOYCOTT THE ELECTION!!! But Christians just don't have the character to take a strong moral stand like that. We compromise so therefore, the Republican politicians compromise also. We get what we deserve.

Brilliant response!
Absolutely right!

Incrementallism works one way, down hill! There is no historical precedent for a government incrementalizing itself into righteousness. There is also no historical precedent for a government that didn't incrimentalize itself into total moral decay and eventually into oblivion.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator

Originally posted by lux et veritas Abortion is murder, don't mistake me on this issue, but everytime I hear Bob call out for his way of controlling the government, I hear the words civil war being leaked out. Anyone up for another one of those?
I don't think too many people would be very enthusiastic for a civil war after having all their debts cancelled from the Biblical Jubilee year "imposed" upon them combined with an income tax of under 10 percent (See I Samuel chapter 8).

Granite

Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jefferson

I don't think too many people would be very enthusiastic for a civil war after having all their debts cancelled from the Biblical Jubilee year "imposed" upon them combined with an income tax of under 10 percent (See I Samuel chapter 8).

Well, bankers might have a fit...

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Re: Re: Re: crying for theocracy

Re: Re: Re: crying for theocracy

Originally posted by granite1010

Well, bankers might have a fit...
Good. That would be fun to watch.

Status