Only Y-H-W-H is God, besides Him there is no god!

KingdomRose

A puny ordinary "man", that is a descendent of David, would never be able to bring about "world peace" and bring everyone to kum-ba-ya. :chuckle: That's a complete "joke" the Talmudics have dreamed up. G-d destroyed Mosaic Temple worship and the true "religion" given by G-d to man.

The LORD [Father YHWH] said unto my Lord [G-d the Son], Sit thou at my right hand [in Heaven], until I make thine enemies thy footstool [on Earth]. The LORD [YHWH - Father] shall send the rod of thy strength [Yeshuah Messiah] out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies. Psalm 110:1-2 *Yeshuah returns to Earth to RULE*

Why do you take it upon yourself to ADD to what that scripture says? If YHWH is "one," and YHWH is God, then how do you figure that Yeshuah is "God the Son"? And how do you get up enough nerve to insert your own idea into that verse? "YHWH said unto my Lord---GOD THE SON..."????? You are stepping on ground that the scriptures say you shouldn't---adding to the words already written.

KingdomRose

Re. post #18 by Sonnet:

"Elohim" does not refer to multiple persons. It is multiple only in the sense of the multiplicity of magnificence.

"Elohim" was used, for example, by the Philistines to describe their god Dagon. Dagon was not a multiple god. They worshiped him as one individual.

One reference book says this: "That the language of the Old Testament has entirely given up the idea of plurality in...Elohim (as applied to the God of Israel) is especially shown by the fact that it is almost invariably construed with a singular verbal predicate, and takes a singular adjectival attribute....Elohim must rather be explained as an intensive plural, denoting GREATNESS and MAJESTY. (The American Journal of Semitic Languages and Literatures, Aaron Ember, Vol.XXI, 1905, p.208.)

The title "Elohim" draws attention to YHWH's strength as the Creator. It appears 35 times by itself in the account of creation, and every time the verb describing what he said and did is in the SINGULAR number. (Gen.1:1 through 2:4)

Interestingly, at Psalm 8:5 the angels are also referred to as "elohim."

We learn something new every day, don't we?

beameup

Because they are telling us about the fulfillment of the Hebrew Scriptures' prophesies.

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word
Matt 22:41-46a

I attempted to assist by inserting the "clues" in the text. David called the Son his "Lord".
You obviously are lacking discernment concerning my post #16, which quoted Psalm 110:1-2.
I suppose the Talmudics here would call David a "polytheist" or a "pagan".

beameup

No, there are not ANY examples of God being three persons anywhere in the Bible. Including the one you cited above.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness
Seriously, does anyone expect the almighty to be all alone for eons without any "company". What a lonely deity that would be. This "solo god" is not the G-d of the Bible, but it is of Islam.

And the Spirit of God [ruach 'elohym] moved upon the face of the waters.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
"And they shall be one flesh"

I said nothing about marriage. My post was about truth. Ezekiel said two nations can become one nation and you say no they can't because two nations becoming one would be a composite unity.

We also know, according to your theory, that the twelve tribes of Jacob could never be one nation because again that would be a composite unity.

E pluribus unum.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He was sacrificed on Passover, was in the grave on Unleavened Bread, and rose from the dead on Firstfruits. Fifty days later, on Pentecost, he sent Ruach Ha-Kodesh to dwell in believers.

The sacrifices occurred on the afternoon of the 14th, the preparation day. That night the Passover was eaten.

Passover is a feast of seven days during which unleavened bread is to be eaten. (Ezekiel 45:21)

Elia

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness
Seriously, does anyone expect the almighty to be all alone for eons without any "company". What a lonely deity that would be. This "solo god" is not the G-d of the Bible, but it is of Islam.

And the Spirit of God [ruach 'elohym] moved upon the face of the waters.

Bs'd

Genesis 1:26; "Let us make man" If anybody finds in a text the word "us", would any normal person assume that it refers to one person with a multi-personality disorder? Of course not.

But why then, when Christians see the word "us" in the Bible, do they think that?

Gen 1:26 is used as a 'proof' that there is more than one God, or one God who is not one, eventhough the Bible clearly teaches that there is only one God who is one. and despite the fact that there are several other valid explanations for the plural word "us". One explanation is that it is a majestic plural as used by kings. Another possible explanation is that God was talking to the angels.

Some Christians try to refute the last argument by saying that the angels didn't create. They point to Genesis 1:1; "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." They say: 'God was the creator, and not the angels.' However, it is a given in Jewish law that an emissary is equal to the one who sends him. When a Jewish man marries a woman through an agent, the legal effect is the same as when he marries her personally. A good Biblical example of this is to be found in Genesis 19 where is spoken about the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. God sent two angels to destroy the cities, the angels said to Lot in verse 13: "For we are about to destroy this place, because the outcry against its people has become great before the LORD, and the LORD has sent us to destroy it." Upon this Lot says to his sons in law: "Up, get out of this place; for the LORD is about to destroy the city." Lot didn't say: "The angels are going to destroy the city" He said: "The LORD (Y-H-W-H in the Hebrew text) is going to destroy the city". And in verse 29 it is written: "So it was that, when God destroyed the cities of the valley...." So the angels were send by God to destroy the cities, but God is considered to be the one who did it, because He was the one who sent them. So why shouldn't the same hold true for the creation?

But one way or the other, no plural created man. Look in Genesis 5:1; "When God created man ..." In Hebrew this is: "bara Elohiem adam" Here the verb "to create", in Hebrew "bara", is in the singular, indicating clearly that Elohiem who created man is one. The same goes for the very first verse of the Bible: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." The word created is here written in the singular; it says "bara". If God was a plural, it should have been "baru".

BUT, back to the pronouns, Y-H-W-H says the following:

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

It says "I" am Y-H-W-H. And, as we all know, "I" is singular, and not plural, and therefore no three persons in Y-H-W-H. Otherwise He would have said: "WE are Y-H-W-H."

But no such thing, God says: "I am Y-H-W-H".

No trinity.

Another example of a pronoun:

Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are Y-H-W-H.”

As we see, it says that YOU, in the Hebrew singular, not plural are Y-H-W-H.

Again, no YOU, plural, are Y-H-W-H, but YOU singular, are Y-H-W-H.

So no three persons in God.

Another one:

Isaiah 44:6 “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.

Clear what? It doesn't say: “This is what Y-H-W-H says- Israel's King and Redeemer, Y-H-W-H Almighty: WE are the first and WE are the last; apart from US there is no God.

No such a thing, it is all SINGULAR.

Another one:

Joel 2:27 “Then you will know that I am in Israel, that I am Y-H-W-H your God, and that there is no other;”

Again, God says: "I am Y-H-W-H", and not "WE are Y-H-W-H" Such a thing simply doesn't exist.

I can go on and on with this, but these examples suffice. There is NO plurality in God.

And the word "us" when God speaks to the angels, does not imply otherwise.

Elia

The sacrifices occurred on the afternoon of the 14th, the preparation day. That night the Passover was eaten.

Passover is a feast of seven days during which unleavened bread is to be eaten. (Ezekiel 45:21)

Bs"d

Human sacrifices are totally absolutely forbidden in the Torah.

Elia

Because they are telling us about the fulfillment of the Hebrew Scriptures' prophesies.

Bs"d

No they don't.

What they do, is ripping Tanach texts which have no bearing on the messiah whatsoever out of context, and presenting them as "messianic prophecies fulfilled by your messiah". Which they are obviously not.

If that isn't lying and cheating....

Elia

While the Pharisees were gathered together, Jesus asked them, Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David. He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word
Matt 22:41-46a

I attempted to assist by inserting the "clues" in the text. David called the Son his "Lord".
You obviously are lacking discernment concerning my post #16, which quoted Psalm 110:1-2.
I suppose the Talmudics here would call David a "polytheist" or a "pagan".

Bs'd

Psalm 110:1; "The Lord says to my lord: Sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool."

This Psalm is most likely written by an officer in David's army. It says here; The Lord, (in Hebrew Y-H-W-H) says to my lord, (in the sense of master). This is literally translated: Y-H-W-H says to my master: etc. This applies to David, just like the next verse, "The Lord sends forth from Zion your mighty scepter. Rule in the midst of your foes." This is what King David did, God made his enemies a footstool to him, and he ruled from Zion (Jerusalem). Verse 5 and 6: "The Lord is at your right hand, He will shatter kings on the day of his wrath. He will execute judgment among the nations, filling them with corpses." King David slaughtered many of his enemies, as written in this Psalm, but all these things that were never done by Jesus. Therefore it makes no sense to say that this applies to Jesus and not to king David.

-----Here is the explanation of the great Jewish sage from the Middle Ages, rabbi Moshe ben Nachman, a.k.a. the Ramban:

King David was the composer who wrote the Psalms with the aid of the holy spirit. He composed them for the purpose of having them sung before the altar of God. He himself did not sing them, nor was he permitted to do so, for that function was forbidden to him by law of the Torah. (Deuteronomy 18:6-7) Insted, he gave the Psalms to the Levites, so that they would sing them. This is clearly written in the book of I Chronicles 16:7 Therefore, King David perforce expressed the psalm in the language appropriate for utterance by the Levites. Thus, if King David had said; "The Eternal said to me", the levites repeating these words would be uttering falsehood. Instead, it is proper for the Levite to say in the Temple: "The Eternal saith unto my lord: (that is to King David) Sit thou at My right hand." The purport of the term 'sitting' is to state that the Creator, blessed be He, will protect him during his lifetime and that He will save him and cause him to prevail over his enemies. So it was, for he lifted up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. This is the right hand of God. It is also written of David: "And Your right hand has holden me up." Psalm 18:36. It is similarly written: "The right hand of the Almighty does valiantly. The right hand of the Eternal is exalted." Psalm 118:15 Regarding Moses our teacher, peace be upon him, it is written: "He caused His glorious arm to go at the right hand of Moses." Isaiah 63:12 And Moses said at the fall of pharaoh: "Thy right hand, O Eternal, dashes the enemy in pieces." Exodus 15:6

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Elia, just who are you trying to convince? Who is your target proselyte?

beameup

Bs"d

Human sacrifices are totally absolutely forbidden in the Torah.

And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
Genesis 22:6-10

Oops. Looks like YHWH instructed Abraham to offer up his (only) son as a sacrifice.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Bs'd

Genesis 1:26; "Let us make man"
Gen 1:26 is used as a 'proof' that there is more than one God, or one God who is not one, eventhough the Bible clearly teaches that there is only one God who is one. and despite the fact that there are several other valid explanations for the plural word "us". One explanation is that it is a majestic plural as used by kings. Another possible explanation is that God was talking to the angels.

So, in your opinion, God copies kings who did not exist at the time? This is as silly as your idea about God addressing angels, man will be created in their image, along with God. :alien:

Elia

And Abraham took the wood of the burnt offering, and laid it upon Isaac his son; and he took the fire in his hand, and a knife; and they went both of them together. And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.
And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
Genesis 22:6-10

Oops. Looks like YHWH instructed Abraham to offer up his (only) son as a sacrifice.

Bs"d

In de Torah human sacrifices are totally absolutely forbidden.

God commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son happened long before the giving of the Torah, and it was only a test. When Abraham wanted to sacrifice his son, God stopped him.

Elia

So, in your opinion, God copies kings who did not exist at the time? This is as silly as your idea about God addressing angels, man will be created in their image, along with God. :alien:

Bs"d

God didn't copy kings, the kings copy God.

beameup

Bs"d

In de Torah human sacrifices are totally absolutely forbidden.

God commanding Abraham to sacrifice his son happened long before the giving of the Torah, and it was only a test. When Abraham wanted to sacrifice his son, God stopped him.

God instructed Abraham to sacrifice his (only) son. Abraham obeyed (believed G-d) and it was accounted him for righteousness. Abraham understood G-ds plan of salvation.
Your Talmudic rabbis have done a good job of assuring that you would never understand the truth of G-ds "ultimate sacrifice" of his Only Son.
But ultimately you personally will be held accountable when you stand before the Almighty.

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:13-15 "Look and live"

That at the name of Yeshuah every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth Philippians 2:10
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear. Isaiah 45:23
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God ['el], and there is none else. Isaiah 45:22 "Look and live"

Elia

Bs'd

“Acknowledge and take to heart this day that Y-H-W-H is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other.
Deuteronomy 4:39