One on One: Stripe & genuineoriginal - The Hydroplate Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

The firmament is the Earth's crust, not the atmosphere. Both of these are key concepts presented in Dr. Brown's theory.
That was already adressed, and Dr. Brown's redefining the words in Genesis is not conclusive enough to call the crust the "firmament" despite God calling the "firmament" the sky.

In future posts, please call the crust the crust and not the "firmament" so we do not rehash this point again.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That was already adressed, and Dr. Brown's redefining the words in Genesis is not conclusive enough to call the crust the "firmament" despite God calling the "firmament" the sky. In future posts, please call the crust the crust and not the "firmament" so we do not rehash this point again.

When Dr. Brown says "firmament" he most likely means the Earth's crust. When I say firmament I probably mean the Earth's crust. We can also talk about the atmosphere, but in this thread we are discussing Dr. Brown's book, In The Beginning and his Hydroplate Theory. Thus we will stick with his assumptions.

Unless you can show compelling reasons why we should not.

BTW. The escaping water also pushed aside the atmosphere opening the "windows of heaven". :D

genuineoriginal

hydroplateoverview-regions_of_greatest_erosion.jpg
hydroplateoverview-recovery_phase.jpg

I find it amazing how inconsistant Dr. Brown is with physics.
In one image, he shows the continents having concave bottoms that arch over the water he claims is under them without coming close to the mantle, but in another image he shows the continents having convex bottoms that sink into the mantle.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I find it amazing how inconsistant Dr. Brown is with physics.
In one image, he shows the continents having concave bottoms that arch over the water he claims is under them without coming close to the mantle, but in another image he shows the continents having convex bottoms that sink into the mantle.

It's called isostasy.

552px-Airy_Isostasy.jpg

genuineoriginal

When Dr. Brown says "firmament" he most likely means the Earth's crust. When I say firmament I probably mean the Earth's crust. We can also talk about the atmosphere, but in this thread we are discussing Dr. Brown's book, In The Beginning and his Hydroplate Theory. Thus we will stick with his assumptions.

Unless you can show compelling reasons why we should not.
If we are sticking with Dr. Brown's assumptions, then lets stick with the actual terms Dr. Brown uses in his book: crust, hydroplates, continents, etc.
Dr. Brown does not repeatedly use the term "firmament" throughout his book, he only used that term on the page dealing with Genesis 1 as far as I can find.
To me, sticking with the words used by Dr. Brown should be a compelling enough of a reason to stop using "firmament".

genuineoriginal

I'm going to go through the formation and movement of the hydrooplates in my next post. Stay tuned! :D
This could be interesting.
I am still trying to identify the problems that Dr. Brown's Hydroplate Theory solves that are not solved by other theories.

genuineoriginal

Great! :D

What do you not understand?

It took a lot of effort for the guy in the video to pull off the orange peel.

When did the crust of the earth get pulled off and put back on top of the mantle, and what were the forces that pulled off the crust and replaced it?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Uh.... It didn't. Only the parts I cut off the orange got removed. The rest I had to separate from the orange in order to show how the plates moved.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep. Subterranean water was separating the crust from the mantle. The crust was created within water, not attached to the mantle.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you referring to the Conrad discontinuity or the Mohorovičić discontinuity?

The firmament created within water, dividing the waters above from the waters below. The thing that ruptured forming the fountains of the great deep. The crust of the Earth, according to the Hydroplate Theory, was not attached in any significant way to the mantle.

hydroplateoverview-rupture_phase.jpg

genuineoriginal

I think this thread has run its course. Thanks for your time, genuineoriginal.

See you in the trenches. :)

I think there is one more thing to address.

Flood Phase. Each side of the rupture was basically a 10-mile-high cliff. Compressive, vibrating loads greatly exceeded the rock’s crushing strength in the bottom half of the cliff face, so the bottom half continually crumbled, collapsed, and spilled out into the jetting fountains. That removed support for the top half of the cliff, so it also fragmented and fell into the pulverizing supersonic flow. Consequently, the 46,000-mile-long rupture rapidly grew to an average width of about 800 miles all around the earth.Water trapped in the spongelike openings in the chamber’s roof and floor was steadily forced into the chamber during the flood, so the hydroplates settled slowly. Sediments swept up in the escaping flood waters gave the water a thick, muddy consistency. These sediments rapidly settled out over the earth’s surface, trapping and burying many plants and animals. The world’s fossils then began to form.​
According to the Hydroplate Theory, there was an 800 mile gap between South America and Africa that was spewing water and mud up both sides of the gap onto the continents, burying plants and animals to form fossils.

The fossil beds show a continuity across oceans that cannot be explained by an 800 mile gap and sediment flowing in opposite directions on either side of the gap.
Snider-Pellegrini_Wegener_fossil_map.gif

To a lot of people, it looks like the continents were joined together during the time the sediment layers were deposited.
Since the sediment layers were deposited during the flood, the continents were joined during the time of the flood, not separated as they need to be to fit the Hydroplate Theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.