One Key Point-Definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
One Key Point

The key point to the bible is definitions. We can use the very same word and if we dont have the same definition of the word we look like we agree but in reality we dont. We can talk about God, and yet some believe that satan is God, some believe that Jesus is God. And some believe that the Holy Spirit is God, while others believe that the Word of God is God.
We can talk about born again. Some believe that water baptism is born again, some believe that your not born again until you have come to the revelations of Jesus Christ, some believe when you say you accept Jesus as your Lord that is when you are born again.
Some believe that God speaks to them, others believe that when you read the Word God speaks to you through the Word. Some believe that God doesnt speak to us anymore. Some believe that God speaks to Jesus, and Jesus tells us what God said.
Some believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to them only in verses, others believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to them in the carnal language, while others believe that the Holy Spirit speaks to them through their feelings. Others believe that the Holy Spirit moves them.
Some believe the Word of God is only what is written in the bible, others believe the Word of God is only in the interpretation of the bible, others believe the Word of God is what they feel.

What about you? Can you pick out the counterfiets?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Some believe that love is a feeling, some believe that love is an action. Some believe we have no control over who we love, some believe we have all the control over who we love. Some believe that coveting and lust are love.

What is love to you? Do you know the difference?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Some people believe that saved is eternal, some people believe that saved is temporary. Some people believe that saved is salvation. Some people believe that saved is a free gift, some people believe that salvation is a free gift. Some people believe that saved and salvation are different. Some people believe that salvation must be worked for.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
John 5:37-38
37 "And the Father Himself, who sent Me, has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form.
38 "But you do not have His word abiding in you, because whom He sent, Him you do not believe.
(NKJ)
Heb 1:1-2
1 God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2 has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
(NKJ)

John 14:26
26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
(NKJ)

John 16:13-14
13 "However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come.
14 "He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 5:5
5 Now He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
(NKJ)

John 17:1-3
1 Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You,
2 "as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him.
3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent.
(NKJ)

John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'"
(NKJ)

1 Cor 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords),
6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.
(NKJ)

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 Cor 4:6
6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other.
(NKJ)

2 Cor 11:12-15
12 But what I do, I will also continue to do, that I may cut off the opportunity from those who desire an opportunity to be regarded just as we are in the things of which they boast.
13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ.
14 And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.
15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
(NKJ)

II Th 2:4-5
4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
(NKJ)

2 Cor 4:3-4
3 But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing,
4 whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe, lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine on them.
(NKJ)

Phil 3:18-19
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame-- who set their mind on earthly things.
(NKJ)

Status
Not open for further replies.