One Gospel Proven.

Danoh

This is a discussion forum. Not a thesis paper. I was reply to previous messages.

Very well; expect those who go by "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God," Matthew 4:4, to take issue with you and those like you, and your endless "Well, I don't quote the relevant passages because..." this, that, the other...

Acts 17:

2. And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3. Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

achduke

Very well; expect those who go by "every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God," Matthew 4:4, to take issue with you and those like you, and your endless "Well, I don't quote the relevant passages because..." this, that, the other...

Acts 17:

2. And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,
3. Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

This is how I reason. Precept upon precept. I still only see one gospel. The 11 eventually understood what Christ was saying. He was preaching the one gospel even though the 11 did not understand what he was teaching until after his dbr which was still before Paul became of faith. I do take acception with John equating what Christ taught to what Judas may have taught.

Danoh

This is how I reason. Precept upon precept. I still only see one gospel. The 11 eventually understood what Christ was saying. He was preaching the one gospel even though the 11 did not understand what he was teaching until after his dbr which was still before Paul became of faith. I do take acception with John equating what Christ taught to what Judas may have taught.

Acts 17:

achduke

Acts 17:

I have quoted them in the past about the same subject. I have not changed my views. I just have limited time as I am sure others do not have much time either.

I know Paul was very detailed about the DBR. The point is others knew.

1) The original 11 knew about DBR.
2) Paul also taught about the Kingdom of God.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
I have quoted them in the past about the same subject. I have not changed my views. I just have limited time as I am sure others do not have much time either.

The original 11 certainly did NOT know about when they were traveling around Israel preaching the gospel of the kingdom to everyone except the Gentiles.
Mat 10:5-8 KJV These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. (8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
At least TWO YEARS of preaching the gospel of the kingdom and they had NO IDEA about the DBR.

Daniel1611

Exactly right. The disciples didn't understand at first. They were preaching faith in Christ for salvation. Then when they saw him risen they fully understood the DBR. The 11 preached the DBR before Paul was converted.

Further, the idea that Paul is the only apostles to the gentiles is absurd. Jesus told all of the disciples to preach the gospel in ALL nations.

Right Divider

Body part
Exactly right. The disciples didn't understand at first. They were preaching faith in Christ for salvation. Then when they saw him risen they fully understood the DBR. The 11 preached the DBR before Paul was converted.

Further, the idea that Paul is the only apostles to the gentiles is absurd. Jesus told all of the disciples to preach the gospel in ALL nations.
No, they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom and that Christ was the King and the Son of God.

In scripture, Paul calls himself THE apostle of the Gentiles and the twelve AGREED to confine THEIR ministry to the CIRCUMCISION. What's up with that?

Daniel1611

No, they were preaching the gospel of the kingdom and that Christ was the King and the Son of God.

In scripture, Paul calls himself THE apostle of the Gentiles and the twelve AGREED to confine THEIR ministry to the CIRCUMCISION. What's up with that?

The 11 deffinitey preached the DBR. And as far as them staying in Israel to preach, they did. But that isn't what Jesus said to do. He told them to go into all nations and preach the gospel to every creature. Just because they didn't go and do it right away doesnt make it right. It doesn't mean they were terrible people either. They just didn't do what Jesus said to do. So they stayed in Israel but that isn't what Jesus said to do. All of them were commanded to preach the gospel in every nation.

achduke

The original 11 certainly did NOT know about when they were traveling around Israel preaching the gospel of the kingdom to everyone except the Gentiles.
Mat 10:5-8 KJV These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: (6) But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (7) And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. (8) Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Luk 18:31-34 KJV Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. (32) For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: (33) And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. (34) And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.
At least TWO YEARS of preaching the gospel of the kingdom and they had NO IDEA about the DBR.

Christ had not died yet and they had not yet received the Holy spirit. They did travel after the DBR of Christ and teach.

Interplanner

Restricting themselves to the circ does not automatically mean they had another Gospel, if that's what you mean. They didn't go around after the Gospel events and the Spirit's coming with what appears to be "another" gospel from Mt 10, if that's what you mean.

"He will be called Jesus/Joshua, for he will save his people from their sins..."
"The son of man has authority to forgive sins..."
"Look the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world..."
"He was talking to Moses and Elijah about his exodus which he would accomplish in Jerusalem..."

These are the stuff of the Gospel they preached. Atonement and forgiveness was there, but they didn't know HE was it. They also had some mistaken kingdom ideas, and the odd thing is that people in D'ism today think that they were the right ideas!

Interplanner

the general strategy at first was to get as many Jews to believe as possible. Paul even did this too when he went to a new town, to expand the evangelist base. There were advantages to their background. It is not as 'rightly divided' as you would like it. It never is. It is not an exact science and should not be treated that way.

Right Divider

Body part
Restricting themselves to the circ does not automatically mean they had another Gospel, if that's what you mean. They didn't go around after the Gospel events and the Spirit's coming with what appears to be "another" gospel from Mt 10, if that's what you mean.

"He will be called Jesus/Joshua, for he will save his people from their sins..."
"The son of man has authority to forgive sins..."
"Look the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world..."
"He was talking to Moses and Elijah about his exodus which he would accomplish in Jerusalem..."

These are the stuff of the Gospel they preached. Atonement and forgiveness was there, but they didn't know HE was it. They also had some mistaken kingdom ideas, and the odd thing is that people in D'ism today think that they were the right ideas!
The LORD Jesus Christ did NOT correct their "wrong" ideas.

It is YOU that has the wrong ideas.

Explain just EXACTLY how they could preach the gospel of the kingdom to ONLY Israel for over TWO YEARS and NOT ONCE mentioned the MOST IMPORTANT EVENT with regards to the gospel of the grace of God?

The CROSS is THE CENTRAL point of OUR GOSPEL!
Gal 6:14 KJV But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.

john w

Hall of Fame
Exactly right. The disciples didn't understand at first.

Made up. The 12, while preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom, had the death. burial, resurrection 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV gospel/good news hid from them. You satanically assert, with NADA scriptural backing, the opposite.

They were preaching faith in Christ for salvation.

They were not preaching faith in the death, burial, resurrection, as a basis justification, prior to it's fulfillment-the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. The death, burial, resurrection was hid from them, satan, and his minions. Peter, twice, tried to prevent the Saviour's death, the basis of his reconciliation, part of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4.They had no idea, that he would die, and be raised. All of them denied, in unbelief, that He had risen, even when they were told He had risen. You've been shown the scripture, but you satanically deny those scriptures.

The content of faith was revealed progressively.

] Then when they saw him risen they fully understood the DBR.

They did not believe He had risen, initially, after it occurred, while, for almost 3 years, they did preach good news/gospel, but it had NADA to do with the DBR, and you cannot produce 1 verse that says that the good news they were told to preach, by the Master,included the DBR-it was hid from them. .

The 11 preached the DBR before Paul was converted.
None of the 12 preached the DBR, at least prior to its occurrence, while preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom. You can't show 1 verse that shows that they did.

You deceive others, just making things up on the fly, like Oprah-opinions-no scripture.

Clueless. Sit.

john w

Hall of Fame
Reading the gospels it mostly Jesus who does the preaching. Later he tells the 12 to go out and preach the kingdom of God which is inside of you. He does not tell them to go out and preach until later in his preaching so they could not have preached for 3 years like you say. Paul also preaches the kingdom of God. He also goes into detail how the DBR forgives us so we may enter the kingdom of God. How does this happen? You repent and through faith in Christ you beleive. This happens through the Grace of God. The DBR is how we are reconciled to God through his Son. If we repent and believe does it matter if we know the DBR right away or are we saved either way?

=Rabbit trail, bait'nswitch, changing your "argument," which is "only one piece of good news in the bible," and, thus, your spam above is quite irrelevant to the topic/"argument," of:

"only one piece of good news in the bible"

"He does not tell them to go out and preach until later in his preaching so they could not have preached for 3 years like you say. "-you

The gospel/good news of the kingdom, which the Master taught, prior to the DBR, and told the 12 to teach, had NADA to do with the DBR-NADA. The Lord Jesus Christ, prior to it's fulfillment, the 12, never preached:

"I/He am/is going to die for your/our sins...be buried....raised again for your/our justification....Believe this good news to be saved..."
Then you are either stupid, or satanic. Which is it?

A second grader can understand this:

The 12, while preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom, for almost 3 years, had the death, burial, resurrection 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV gospel/good news hid from them. You satanically assert, with NADA scriptural backing, the opposite.

The 12 were not preaching faith in the death, burial, resurrection, as a basis justification, prior to it's fulfillment-the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. The death, burial, resurrection was hid from them, satan, and his minions. Peter, twice, tried to prevent the Saviour's death, the basis of his reconciliation, part of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4.They had no idea, that he would die, and be raised. All of them denied, in unbelief, that He had risen, even when they were told He had risen. You've been shown the scripture, but you satanically deny those scriptures.

The content of faith was revealed progressively.

The 12 did not believe He had risen, initially, after it occurred, while, for almost 3 years, they did preach good news/gospel, but it had NADA to do with the DBR, and you cannot produce 1 verse that says that the good news they were told to preach, by the Master,included the DBR-it was hid from them. .

Repeating-none of the 12 preached the DBR, at least prior to its occurrence, while preaching the gospel/good news of the kingdom, despite your opinion, with NADA scriptural backing. You can't show 1 verse that shows that they did.

You missed it. You/others'"argument"-one piece of good news in the book.

That is satanic. A second grader can see that the good news/gospel of the kingdom, is not equivalent to the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4

So much for this "only one piece of good news in the bible" satanic 'argument."

john w

Hall of Fame
Because I was showing that the original 12 were shown the truth. They may not have understood it at first but they were shown the truth. They did indeed understand after Christ had risen. They also received the Holy Spirit. Jesus told them to preach the gospel. Why would they not?

No, the DBR was hid from them, at a time when they were preaching the good news/gospel of the kingdom.

"Jesus told them to preach the gospel."-you

Yes, He did; but He also told them to preach, prior to the DBR, the good news/gospel of the kingdom, when they had no idea about the DBR-it was hid from them. You, with no scriptural backing, always assume that the content of the good news/gospel, is the content of the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. Why is that? Here is why: You cannot "grasp" the simple concept of what "gospel" means. A second grader can understand this. So, you're either a lazy moron, who does not study the book, much less the details of the book, or satanic,

Which is it?

john w

Hall of Fame
Yet they knew after he had risen which was still before Paul! It was only hidden up to the time he had risen so they were teaching the DBR before Paul!

Quite irrelevant to your satanic "just one piece of good news in the bible" "argument." The LORD God, in His book, never taught you that. Guess who did?

Peekaboo....We see you..........Sssssssssssssssss...

john w

Hall of Fame
I did not miss my own argument. I never said they understood at first. They did not understand until he had risen which is still before Paul.

John 12:16 His disciples did not understand these things at first; but when Jesus was glorified, then they remembered that these things were written about Him and that they had done these things to Him.

You act as if it was hidden from them forever and that Paul was the first to understand DBR. They understood after Christ had risen.

Yes, you did. You "argue" one piece of good news in the book.

You've been shown, methodically, chapter and verse, that even a second grader can "get," that the good news/gospel of the kingdom, that the Master/12 preached/taught, prior to the DBR, had no reference/tie at all, to the DBR, and thus is not equivalent to the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, the foundation being the DBR.

So, you are either a moron, not seeing it, nor understanding the simple meaning of the word "gospel," or satanic.

Choose.

Danoh

What you mean is that you are not as grounded in all the passages as you attempt to come off.

That you have to go and look them up, and all that, as a result, each time.

An overreliance on books supposedly about the Bible results in that kind of a problem.

I still recall a debate between two guys in a Christian bookstore I went in to look for a KJB. Got a good deal on it, too, as it is no longer perceived as the priceless Book It is.

Anyway, one guy was a walking Bible. The other guy, various "books about" this and that in his hands, was getting slaughtered.

The subject was the Trinity. The book worm held to It but could not quote much Scripture in Its favor, and that much, poorly.

The walking Bible - the guy would quote entire chapters - was asserting his view [supposedly] based on a multitude of passages.

Finally, the book worm threw up his hands and stormed off.

Moral of the story: if you don't know your Bible well enough to where you are that familiar with its passages, you have no business attempting to get away with sound bytes.

Because some on here know that Book, and know it well.

Your "sin" finding you out...

john w

Hall of Fame
You act as if it was hidden from them forever and that Paul was the first to understand DBR. They understood after Christ had risen.

I never once, on TOL, ever argued that, so stuff your demonic accusations.

I stay on topic-gospel" merely means "good news." There is plenty of good news in the book, and the good news/gospel of the kingdom is not equivalent to the good news/gospel of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.