OK Supreme Court: 10 Commandments must come down

Jose Fly

"Thou shalt not murder" is found in the Christian Bible - do you disregard that?

Pay attention to the question I was answering. It was about which religion the monument was promoting.

just about everything in this country is paid for by Christians - you retarded atheists are what, about 0.05% of the population?

see above

Thanks for your time.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Pay attention to the question I was answering. It was about which religion the monument was promoting.

right, you were making the argument that it's found in the Christian Bible and that means it's supporting Christianity

Do you ignore "thou shalt not murder" in order to avoid supporting Christianity?

ok doser

you're not geting it, are you?

i'm showing you the error of your argumentation

find somebody more intelligent than you to show you what i mean

ok doser

seriously - it can't be that hard for you to find someone more intelligent to explain it to you

Jose Fly

Oh man.....I can understand how this would aggravate right-wingers. Sign O' the times I guess!

Florida Man to Display 'Festivus Pole' at Oklahoma Capitol

A Florida man said Wednesday his plan has been approved to display in the Oklahoma Capitol rotunda a "Festivus Pole" based on a fictional holiday depicted in the popular 1990s sitcom "Seinfeld."

Chaz Stevens, of Jupiter, Florida, will display a "Festivus Pole" next Wednesday in the building's first-floor rotunda near an existing display of giant nutcrackers and a gift-laden sleigh.

Stevens said the pole pays homage both to gay rights and the Seinfeld episode in which a character's quirky father describes a holiday that includes feats of strength and the airing of grievances.

The 6-foot-pole is wrapped in the colors of the gay pride rainbow flag and topped with a disco ball.

Stevens said the original display first erected in Florida three years ago was made of empty Pabst Blue Ribbon beer cans, but this year's pole has evolved to reflect the advance of gay rights.

The approval of the pole in Oklahoma comes just months after the state Supreme Court ruled that a permanent Ten Commandments monument had to be removed from the Capitol grounds.

"Out goes the Ten Commandments. In comes the gay pride Festivus pole," Stevens said. "It's a beautiful way to talk about 2015."

What a turn of events!

Jose Fly

Lawmakers Angered by Plans to Display Gay-Themed Festivus Pole at Capitol

OKLAHOMA CITY – A group of Oklahoma lawmakers today are airing their grievances after an Associated Press article reported a Florida man intends to display a gay-pride themed “Festivus” pole at the state Capitol...

...Moore said the display, approved by the Office of Management Enterprise Services (OMES), is a slap in the face of every Christian in Oklahoma. According to an attorney representing OMES, the display, “met the criteria” for displays to be placed in the rotunda of the Capitol and that it is a matter of “free speech.”

“Just because something meets the legal criteria, doesn’t mean that it is wise to approve every request,” said state Rep. David Brumbaugh, R- Broken Arrow. “This is just another example of the continued war on Christmas. The people who approved this should have exercised better judgment.”

Many representatives have received angry calls from constituents who want our State Capitol to be free of displays or artwork that do not glorify God, said state Rep. Bobby Cleveland.

“In the most holiest of season for Christianity and Judaism, it is almost inconceivable that we could have a secular demonstration on the Capitol grounds,” said Cleveland, R-Slaughterille. “While I certainly recognize and applaud the concept of free speech, this basically is a slap in the face of this most sacred season for the great majority of Oklahomans.

So when it's a Christian-themed display (e.g., Ten Commandments, Nativity scene) and people complain, the right-wing Christians respond "You don't have to look at it", "You don't have the right not to be offended", and "If you don't like it, move".

But when it's a display right-wing Christians don't like, suddenly ignoring it or moving away aren't options, and having displays that reflect views they don't like are "a slap in the face".

Hmmmmm.....double standards anyone? :think:

quip

BANNED
Banned

So when it's a Christian-themed display (e.g., Ten Commandments, Nativity scene) and people complain, the right-wing Christians respond "You don't have to look at it", "You don't have the right not to be offended", and "If you don't like it, move".

But when it's a display right-wing Christians don't like, suddenly ignoring it or moving away aren't options, and having displays that reflect views they don't like are "a slap in the face".

Cut 'em some slack Jose. They're so used to the old-school, home-rule...being forced to play nice with other's takes some major adjustments.

Lon

I'm not sure why I bother, because you guys don't care, attack American families for minority rights against kids and parents (yes you do, about to prove it) and attack good people while promoting sexual themes rather than family appropriate ones. Get that? The commandments are about good and moral love of society. The pole is about promoting sex for 2% of the population. That's it. Your kids will see this newnew-age-hippy-garbage for what it is and hate you for it. You weren't loving them when you championed against them, even your very own kids, Jose. Do you understand that simply choosing a minority isn't a great liberal idea? Naw, you don't, you really need a worldview adjustment. You hate your own kids voting and lobbying against their families when they are old enough. You are not a smart man, Jose.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure why I bother, because you guys don't care, attack American families for minority rights against kids and parents (yes you do, about to prove it) and attack good people while promoting sexual themes rather than family appropriate ones. Get that? The commandments are about good and moral love of society. The pole is about promoting sex for 2% of the population. That's it. Your kids will see this newnew-age-hippy-garbage for what it is and hate you for it. You weren't loving them when you championed against them, even your very own kids, Jose. Do you understand that simply choosing a minority isn't a great liberal idea? Naw, you don't, you really need a worldview adjustment. You hate your own kids voting and lobbying against their families when they are old enough. You are not a smart man, Jose.

....MAJOR adjustments, Jose. :)

Jose Fly

Cut 'em some slack Jose. They're so used to the old-school, home-rule...being forced to play nice with other's takes some major adjustments.

Yep. This is basically people who've had the game rigged in their favor, grousing about now having to play on a level field.

Jose Fly

I'm not sure why I bother, because you guys don't care, attack American families for minority rights against kids and parents (yes you do, about to prove it) and attack good people while promoting sexual themes rather than family appropriate ones. Get that?

Yeah, I'm not sure why you bother either.

The pole is about promoting sex for 2% of the population. That's it.

Or it could be about equal rights, tolerance, and a just society. But then, I fully understand why you can't see it that way, and instead can only think of sex.

Your kids will see this newnew-age-hippy-garbage for what it is and hate you for it.

Except for the fact that a larger majority of millennials support gay rights than any other age group. But don't let facts get in your way.

You weren't loving them when you championed against them, even your very own kids, Jose. Do you understand that simply choosing a minority isn't a great liberal idea? Naw, you don't, you really need a worldview adjustment. You hate your own kids voting and lobbying against their families when they are old enough. You are not a smart man, Jose.

When you get anywhere near a coherent thought, let us know. :confused:

genuineoriginal

No double standard there when you consider what body part a Gay-Themed Festivus Pole will look like.
:vomit:

oatmeal

Oklahoma Supreme Court orders removal of Ten Commandments monument

Seems pretty straight forward.

Um.....what? What historical event are they talking about? But then, as is happening all across the country...

Yep. So once again we see the continued erosion of Christian privilege. They're all for religious displays, as long as...wink, wink...we all know only Christian displays will be allowed. As soon as other groups say "Hey, us too!" the whole charade crumbles.

The very basis of our country is Biblical.

To deny that is to deny our history.