Obamacare will fall by Corporate Disapprovaal

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Dow Jones Industrial Average DJIA, +0.13% broke through 23,000 for the first time in intraday trade Tuesday, and remained in positive territory in midday trade, but broader market internal readings are decidedly negative. The number of declining stocks outnumbered advancers by a 1,529-to-1,204 score on the NYSE and by a 1,344-to-1,162 margin on the Nasdaq exchange. And declining volume was 58.0% of total volume on the Big Board and 53% of total volume in the Nasdaq. Even within the Dow, 21 of 30 components are declining, but the Dow was still up 18 points. It was up as much as 45.24 points earlier at an all-time intraday high of 23,002.20 earlier. The Dow was up Tuesday, primarily because of the $9.42, or 4.9%, gain in UnitedHealth Group Inc.'s stock UNH, +6.25% after better-than-expected earnings, which added about 65 points to the Dow's price.

DJIA
+29.66 +0.13%
UNH
+12.08 +6.25%
MARKETWATCH
PARTNER CENTER

MOST POPULAR

Vanguard’s boss has a warning for a market that’s hellbent on Dow 23,000
The scary thing Hollywood does when it runs out of reboots
These stocks have popped more than 75% since Trump was elected
The moment of truth for U.S. stocks will take place in the next two weeks
Here's the real reason why U.S. health care is so expensive

MARKETWATCH

At the beginning of this year United Healthcare rejected membership under the Affordable Health Care Act.

While the government is quite able to force defenseless individuals into contracting with private vendors, the Companies, which gladly take their money, will not do so if there is not enough profit margin.

We can be fairly sure Humana, Aetia, and Anthem/ Blue cross will follow United Healthcare's example in the coming year.

I have said this before, and here again, if the government is determined to make some king of healthcare provision available for those who cannot purchase it from private vendors, then they will have to create it as a government plan and collect taxes for it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I have said this before, and here again, if the government is determined to make some king of healthcare provision available for those who cannot purchase it from private vendors, then they will have to create it as a government plan and collect taxes for it.

Trump has openly advocated a national healthcare system, although he stopped talking about that when he announced his run for president as a republican. But he has repeatedly promised that "everyone will be covered and will have good healthcare."

The only way he can deliver on that is national healthcare. As you seem to realize, that would first require that Obamacare fail. And he's working on that.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Trump has openly advocated a national healthcare system, although he stopped talking about that when he announced his run for president as a republican. But he has repeatedly promised that "everyone will be covered and will have good healthcare."

The only way he can deliver on that is national healthcare. As you seem to realize, that would first require that Obamacare fail. And he's working on that.
The best and probably most likely event will play out is Obamacare will fail, then advocacy groups who demand government healthcare will elect Democrats to the House and Senate next year. If there is not tax cuts at all, there will be a change in along national controlling party lines,with a majority of Democrats. People like to see things done and can be very fickle with their loyalties.

It will be the beginning of USA nationalized healthcare. You see, I am not against helping the poor, What I am against is forcing private citizens to pay for services from a private vendor!

I have lived a long time and seen plenty of political changes. Believe me, had President Obama had any chance of signing a national healthcare bill, he would have.

As for Trump, all that would perhaps change this eventually, would be if he was somehow replaced by Pence, such as the Russian investigation turning out hard evidence, or if the 71 year-old took sick. Given that, the same eventuality would play out at a later date.

My best guess is if you are under age 50, you are likely to see national healthcare before you are age 65.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I would think insurance companies would love Obamacare, it costs a fortune and has massive high deductables, which is why bammy gave tons of exempt wavers (dont have to have it) to his union supporters (uaw, teamsters, jobs.. etc)

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't believe for a moment that Trump's *interest* in healthcare is about anything other than dismantling the Obama presidency. The desired outcome is that those too sick to afford coverage either flood the ER's or ... refuse to seek treatment that they cannot afford.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I don't believe for a moment that Trump's *interest* in healthcare is about anything other than dismantling the Obama presidency. The desired outcome is that those too sick to afford coverage either flood the ER's or ... refuse to seek treatment that they cannot afford.
Funny thing I believe is what you dislike about Trump's desires to do away with the affordable healthcare act will likely be the path to universal healthcare.

Trump' crazy behaviour is likely to bring in lots of Democrats in 2018 and a good chance of a Democrat president.

He is, in a way, like a spy for the Democratic party.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Funny thing I believe is what you dislike about Trump's desires to do away with the affordable healthcare act will likely be the path to universal healthcare.

Trump' crazy behaviour is likely to bring in lots of Democrats in 2018 and a good chance of a Democrat president.

He is, in a way, like a spy for the Democratic party.

I don't believe that he is a Democrat or Republican ... though he does tend to idolize the guy who surrounds himself with spies. He is simply an opportunist that couldn't handle the fact that our country elected it's first black president. How dare we!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I don't believe that he is a Democrat or Republican ... though he does tend to idolize the guy who surrounds himself with spies. He is simply an opportunist that couldn't handle the fact that our country elected it's first black president. How dare we!

Oh, I do not think it has anything to do with Obama being black. I think Trump cares more about being in the media, more than anything else. He made it rich, and now he wants to be the most famous. Truth is, I do not think he really cares about politics, or any political position. It seems to me he likes to over power anyone who gives him a change to fight it out. He is real gone on being a big shot to the exclusion of everything else.

I do not think he has any concern, in any way about race issues, it is more he likes to be seen as one who will not go along with anything he thinks society believes necessary to condone. I also think he cares less about poor working-class white men, I bet he rather dislikes all persons who are 'common' or in any way, Provencal.

He is the type who values 'fashion friends' and thinks main street life is for the peasants. One reason all his wives are Eastern European and what some might call exotic. I think he really believes he is better than just plain folk.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The Trump White House has issued two Obamacare-related policy announcements this week: announcements that some characterize as “gutting” or “sabotaging” the health care law. But a sober, factual analysis reveals that the Trump decisions will be fairly modest—and largely positive—in their effect.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/10/14/sorry-everbody-but-trump-hasnt-instigated-the-obamacare-apocalypse/#5c72c0907099

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I would think insurance companies would love Obamacare, it costs a fortune and has massive high deductables, which is why bammy gave tons of exempt wavers (dont have to have it) to his union supporters (uaw, teamsters, jobs.. etc)

Really, i looked into it, the profit margin is not high enough and that is why United Group did so much better this year.ll will follow. One thing business does not care about is allowing those who they do business with come out ahead.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Trump White House has issued two Obamacare-related policy announcements this week: announcements that some characterize as “gutting” or “sabotaging” the health care law. But a sober, factual analysis reveals that the Trump decisions will be fairly modest—and largely positive—in their effect.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2017/10/14/sorry-everbody-but-trump-hasnt-instigated-the-obamacare-apocalypse/#5c72c0907099

They will have to be positively profitable for any company to agree with. Companies and those who buy them care about profits. If that is not there then the company should not exist.

Remember:

The Dow was up Tuesday, primarily because of the $9.42, or 4.9%, gain in UnitedHealth Group Inc.'s stock UNH, +6.25% after better-than-expected earnings, which added about 65 points to the Dow's price.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
184090_600.jpg

The Republican Congress has passed no significant legislation in 2017 that would impact on the American economy, so this "bull market" should be seen as nothing more than an extension of the recovery that started in 2010!