Nuclear Iran Obama's Legacy

bybee

1: The reactor concerned is for power production and cannot produce weapons-grade Uranium. 2: The real leader of Iran, the Imam, has declared a fatwa against the use of nuclear weapons and Iran IS a theocracy. 3: Why, on earth, would Iran undertake an action which would result in the destruction of the State?

Perhaps it is all those virgins waiting in Paradise?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"This is a horrendous mistake. History will condemn this."

"Uh...Have you actually read the final agreement?"

"NO! I don't need to!"

"...aaaallrighty then!"

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Nuclear Iran Obama's Legacy

1. After the Israel bombed the Iraq nuclear facilities, Iran buried their program deep underground.

2. Short of using nuclear weapons, Israel lacks both the weapon and the delivery system to penetrate Iran's facilities.

3. Netanyahu knows that only America has the ability to destroy these facilities.

4. This is a multinational negotiation - if America were to refuse to ratify this agreement, the other nations who signed it would be under no obligation to follow the US lead. Once they resumed trade with Iran, any American leverage to negotiate another nuclear deal would be lost.

drbrumley

Iran deal: We "acknowledge that the NPT remains the cornerstone of the nuclear non-proliferation regime."

Now can we get Israel to sign?

:rotfl: :up:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We live in a culture that believes "Violence Saves." Scapegoating of others and revenge and war are seen as redemptive.

Negotiation, collaborative problem-solving, diplomacy and mediation are largely unknown to most Americans.

There are many more other choices dealing with conflict besides giving in and fighting back.

We are so afraid of "enemies" (Muslims, immigrants, prisoners, the homeless, etc.) that we are unable to see what is right in front of our noses.

It is interesting that folks who have not read the agreement (proudly, in some cases) have condemned it.

"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran.'
--John McCain

"Bomb Iraq."
--Bush, Cheney, Wolfowitz.

Daniel1611

Seems to me that they are certainly convincing folks like you.

I dont believe iran has nuclear weapons. I'm not convinced anyone has them, to be frank. Like I said, why would anyone spend billions if dollars and so much time on weapons you don't need. You only need to convince the public that you have them.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I dont believe iran has nuclear weapons. I'm not convinced anyone has them, to be frank. Like I said, why would anyone spend billions if dollars and so much time on weapons you don't need. You only need to convince the public that you have them.
The "Iran has nuclear weapons" has been a constant refrain every three or four years ago since they took U.S. embassy employees hostage.

The original idea of a nation purporting to have a nuclear arsenal was described during the 50s and 60s as "MAD"=Mutually Assured Destruction.

In other words, the threat of nuclear war would keep every nation on its best behavior.

Unfortunately there are at least a dozen instances when the world was perched on the brink of total destruction and radiation fallout because of nuclear accidents that came too close to becoming a horrific nuclear accident.

Daniel1611

The "Iran has nuclear weapons" has been a constant refrain every three or four years ago since they took U.S. embassy employees hostage.

The original idea of a nation purporting to have a nuclear arsenal was described during the 50s and 60s as "MAD"=Mutually Assured Destruction.

In other words, the threat of nuclear war would keep every nation on its best behavior.

Unfortunately there are at least a dozen instances when the world was perched on the brink of total destruction and radiation fallout because of nuclear accidents that came too close to becoming a horrific nuclear accident.

So you see my point. They don't need nuclear weapons. They need the illusion that they have them. The same goes for all governments. So I'm not convinced yet that nuclear weapons are anything but an illusion to keep the public affraid.

There's a scene in the film The Devil's Rejects where one of the hostages gets one of the captor's guns only to find out it isn't loaded. The captor responds that they didn't need bullets, " It's all mind power.". Nuclear weapons could be the same thing.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
So you see my point. They don't need nuclear weapons. They need the illusion that they have them. The same goes for all governments. So I'm not convinced yet that nuclear weapons are anything but an illusion to keep the public affraid.

There's a scene in the film The Devil's Rejects where one of the hostages gets one of the captor's guns only to find out it isn't loaded. The captor responds that they didn't need bullets, " It's all mind power.". Nuclear weapons could be the same thing.
You express an important truth. It's just that we seem to be better off not knowing the possession of these weapons are a ruse.

Frankly, I am scared to death of nuclear weapons and their final effects on humanity.

After all, we have used nuclear weapons and other nations have tested them--including Russia.

Daniel1611

You express an important truth. It's just that we seem to be better off not knowing the possession of these weapons are a ruse.

Frankly, I am scared to death of nuclear weapons and their final effects on humanity.

After all, we have used nuclear weapons and other nations have tested them--including Russia.

We have claimed to have used them and other nations claim to have tested them. Watch old videos of the nuclear bomb testings on YouTube. Most of them look fishy.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
We have claimed to have used them and other nations claim to have tested them. Watch old videos of the nuclear bomb testings on YouTube. Most of them look fishy.

I just don't accept that. And the horrific birth defects as the result of radiation are rarely shown in America. The nuclear weapons used in the Middle East produce the same anomalies.

Scroll down to see the results of radiation on children:

http://www.wildriverreview.com/COLU...conomy-of-Brian-Arthur/William-Irwin-Thompson

Daniel1611

I just don't accept that. And the horrific birth defects as the result of radiation are rarely shown in America. The nuclear weapons used in the Middle East produce the same anomalies.

Scroll down to see the results of radiation on children:

http://www.wildriverreview.com/COLU...conomy-of-Brian-Arthur/William-Irwin-Thompson

Whatever they did caused horrid side effects. Maybe it was a nuclear bomb. Maybe it was fire bombing and some weird chemicals. Either way, it's control by fear.