Nori's pick 8-15-04

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't often agree with Mustard Seed on a lot. But, this time, he hit the nail on the head. Here it is. :first:

Originally posted by Mustard Seed

This is a spin off thread from the planned parenthood thread. After telling me I was off topic Sceptic asked me.

Well I know you're going to see this as too simplistic but I say we should go back to obeying the commandments of God. His first one being

Nowhere has he revoked that command. Now I know such an answer to an atheist/agnostic may not seem reasonable but it really is if you look closely at it.

The driving force behind the limiting of offspring is material gain. Childeren are expensive. They are the most expensive and risky investment as far as financial investments go. People who decide against childeren (be it deciding against any or additional childeren) do so primarily for their fiscal 'well being'. So such gives rise to the abuse of birth control options (I am not against birth control just it's abuse and it's utilization for selfgratification). It creates the driving force behind abortions (which I am against except in cases of rape or a substantial threat to the life of the mother). What is the real difference between those who sacrificed chideren on the alters of gods to obtain or maintain a social status and those who abort a fetus to do likewise?

If you're looking for immediate cures there aren't any that will stop the effects of what the birth control/abortion complex has created. most of the Western world culture will fall into great deal of chaos because of imploding populations. If they survive they will be mere shadows of what they are even now. The problem with this beast is it's momentum. People have been indoctrinated for so long that a growing population is bad and that they should all have small or no families, 'zero population' growth that to stop the inertia of the idea I don't believe to be possible before the chaos this problem is going to cause will hit.

'Over population' is not possible. The cause of the worlds problems is not to many people it's the effect of people that are prospering and becoming too material oriented. There's plenty to go around if we would all stop spending our resources on our man made idols. Current cropland, under proper cultivation could feed in excess of 10 BILLON people! That's just utilizing currently used land! No plowing down rainforests!

The hypocrisy of the 'enviromental' movements or the zero population proponents is the mentality of those who have just moved into a resort town and decide that since they got theirs they want to close everything down to avoid any newbies moving in to cramp their style or 'inconvenience' them. 'I got mine' is the essense of their argument. 'I'm here and I don't want the room to get anymore crowded so I'm going to lock the door'.

Reminds me of the great 'enviromentalists' I saw while I lived in the great state of California. Many had great motives and worthy intentions but they seemed blind to their hypocrisy. I was talking to a man that, durring the brownouts they were having a few years back, was worried that California would be seen as an energy hog. He was quick to point out that they had one of the lowest (maybe the lowest, I don't recall exactly) per capita expenditures for energy in the nation. I didn't tell the man at the time (I couldn't bring myself to it) to tell him that such was an illusion) Yes California has some efforts to cut back energy consumption but since I worked largely among the latino community I came to realise that such savings and such low per capita energy numbers had far more to do with the legions of poor who at times were packing14-16 people into an apartment that was originaly designed for four people. Add to that the fact that many of those types of dwellings I visited had the heat from the stove as at times the only heat source and often no air conditioning and maybe three or four actual lights in the whole of the apartment and certainly you'll end up with low per capita consumption. Such is not in really significant ways the product of the liberals who dominate that state but rather the grey area they've created for misserable, albeit, energy efficient labor.

I do not know what exactly your view is on this skeptic. I was guessing that it was likely along the lines of most of the liberal populace.

Now some questions for you. What do you see as the population and what do you see as the solution to it?

Despite being addressed to sceptic I'd be interested to hear anyones response to the above and any answers they believe would work for whatever kind of population problem they believe we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.