Non-Religious Theist

Status
Not open for further replies.

OctoberMist

Greetings to all...

I was a Christian for ten years, then an atheist for 15 years, and recently had a spiritual awakening allowing me to rediscover God.

I do not follow any specific religion, though I appreciate Judaism, Christianity, Budhism, Sikhism, and Confuscianism. I am a moral relativist and theistic existentialist by way of moral theory and ontological philosophy.

I care nothing whatsoever for creation theory; it's irrelevant to me. Nor am I especially interested in afterlife theory - also irrelevant to me.

My general principle is to live life one day at a time, attempting to do the best I can each day.

I have little patience for fanatics and fundamentalists, be they atheistic or theistic. I am not interested in "being converted" to any faith. I am merely here to discuss theology and ontology, and hopefully to learn from others.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

Gerald

Resident Fiend
:: waits for the fanatics to start screeching and throwing things ::

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

This is a place of full-contact debate, so I hope you've brought a thick skin...

OctoberMist

Gerald said:

waits for the fanatics to start screeching and throwing things

LOL

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Thanks. =)

This is a place of full-contact debate, so I hope you've brought a thick skin...

Better than that, I have humility. [:)] I used to cultivate a thick skin in order to deal with angry, ranting types until I realized that I didn't actually need one. All I need to do is keep my ego out of the equation and let others say what they will. I can accept them for who they are, reguardless of whether I agree or not. I've found its much easier to simply accept people rather than to try to block them with shields.

Nevertheless, thanks for the head's up, as it were. [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.