No Faith / No Salvation

Robert Pate

Banned
Paul wrote, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God" Romans 5:1,2.

WHAT IS SAVING FAITH?

Saving faith is faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus claims to be one with the Father.

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

Jesus is telling us that he is equal with God. Those that have saving faith believe this because the Bible says so. And then Jesus also said,

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

I would venture to say that saving faith is faith that Jesus is God. Only God can atone for the sins of humanity. There are other scriptures that say, "God was in Christ." Such as 2 Corinthians 5:19. Saving faith is also faith that Jesus victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil.

"And having spoiled (defeated) principalities and powers (Satan) he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

If Jesus had not defeated sin, death and the devil, God would not have accepted Jesus into heaven and we would all still be in our sins and without hope. saving faith believes that Jesus is not only our personal savior, but that he is the savior of the whole world.

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" 1 John 2:2.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the savior of the world" 1 John 4:14.

To not believe these scriptures is an indication that one does NOT have saving faith. Those that have saving faith believe that the Bible is God's word and they believe it. They have confidence in the scriptures and embrace the scriptures as God's word.

Saving faith is faith that God has accomplished his purpose through Jesus Christ. God's purpose in Jesus Christ was to reconcile us and the world unto himself.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This was God's purpose in Jesus Christ. Jesus has victoriously reconciled us and the world unto God. This is why Paul wrote, "And you are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Those that have saving faith rest and believe that they have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. They rest and embrace that fact.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Since all of the work of salvation has been accomplished by Jesus Christ there is nothing left for us to do but to believe and have faith in his work of salvation. This is what Paul meant when he said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Robert Pate

Banned
Jews think that they are justified by the law.

Catholics think they they are justified by the Catholic church.

Calvinist think that they are justified by predestination.

The Bible says that we are justified by faith. And how does one get justifying faith?

"So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" Romans 10:17.

And what is the word of God? The word of God is Jesus and his Gospel. All who hear and believe this Gospel are granted the Holy Spirit and faith to believe the Gospel.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God" Romans 5:1,2.
Grace then peace--:listen: always in that order.

"I. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW POSITION (8:1–8).
A. Our position in regard to the Son of God (8:1–3): The believer is in Christ.
1. The miracle involved (8:1, 3a): Believers receive no condemnation and are freed from sin and death.
2. The means involved (8:2, 3b): This was accomplished not through the law of Moses but by the death of Christ.
B. Our position in regard to the law of God (8:4–8): We are now able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law in and through Christ.

II. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW GUEST (8:9–14).
A. Who he is (8:9) : He is the blessed Holy Spirit himself.
B. What he does (8:10–14)
1. He once strengthened Christ and raised him from the dead (8:11) .
2. He now lives within us and controls us (8:9) .
3. He now strengthens us and will someday raise us from the dead (8:10, 12–14).

III. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW ADOPTION (8:15–17): We are now members of God’s family.
A. Giving us an intimacy with the Father (8:15–16)
B. Giving us an inheritance from the Father (8:17)

IV. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW HOPE (8:18–25): The nature of this hope is the full and final redemption of all things, including:
A. Christians (8:18, 23–25)
1. The present grief (8:18a, 23): Believers groan to be released from pain and suffering.
2. The future glory (8:18b, 24–25)
a. The comparison (8:18b): Today’s grief is nothing when compared with tomorrow’s glory.
b. The command (8:24–25): Until then, however, we are to wait patiently and confidently." Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Ro 8). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

Robert Pate

Banned
Grace then peace--:listen: always in that order.

"I. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW POSITION (8:1–8).
A. Our position in regard to the Son of God (8:1–3): The believer is in Christ.
1. The miracle involved (8:1, 3a): Believers receive no condemnation and are freed from sin and death.
2. The means involved (8:2, 3b): This was accomplished not through the law of Moses but by the death of Christ.
B. Our position in regard to the law of God (8:4–8): We are now able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law in and through Christ.

II. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW GUEST (8:9–14).
A. Who he is (8:9) : He is the blessed Holy Spirit himself.
B. What he does (8:10–14)
1. He once strengthened Christ and raised him from the dead (8:11) .
2. He now lives within us and controls us (8:9) .
3. He now strengthens us and will someday raise us from the dead (8:10, 12–14).

III. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW ADOPTION (8:15–17): We are now members of God’s family.
A. Giving us an intimacy with the Father (8:15–16)
B. Giving us an inheritance from the Father (8:17)

IV. THE BELIEVER HAS A NEW HOPE (8:18–25): The nature of this hope is the full and final redemption of all things, including:
A. Christians (8:18, 23–25)
1. The present grief (8:18a, 23): Believers groan to be released from pain and suffering.
2. The future glory (8:18b, 24–25)
a. The comparison (8:18b): Today’s grief is nothing when compared with tomorrow’s glory.
b. The command (8:24–25): Until then, however, we are to wait patiently and confidently." Willmington, H. L. (1999). The Outline Bible (Ro 8). Wheaton, IL: Tyndale House Publishers.

You said, "We are now able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law in and through Christ."

I have a problem with that. As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You said, "We are now able to fulfill the righteous requirements of the law in and through Christ."

I have a problem with that. As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners.

Was Jesus ever in an Adamic body?

Nanja

"The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

The only Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit Given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Rom. 8:7-9
Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Jerry Shugart

As long as we are in these Adamic bodies we are sinners, saved sinners.

Robert, you are absolutely correct. What we read here about Peter provides a perfect example of what you say:

"But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?" (Gal.2:11-14).​

As you say, as long as we are in these Adamic bodies we remain sinners. That is why the Apostle John said this to the Christians:

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us"
(1 Jn.1:8-10).​

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
The last time I checked I found that I am still in my Adamic body that is prone to sin...

Me too.
whew.gif
I thought you thought you were writing to a spirit being.

We are justified. We are being sanctified. We will one day be glorified.

beloved57

Paul wrote, "Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand and rejoice in hope of the glory of God" Romans 5:1,2.

WHAT IS SAVING FAITH?

Saving faith is faith in God and his Son Jesus Christ. Jesus claims to be one with the Father.

"I and my Father are one" John 10:30.

Jesus is telling us that he is equal with God. Those that have saving faith believe this because the Bible says so. And then Jesus also said,

"I said therefore unto you, that you shall die in your sins: for if you believe not that I am he (God) you shall die in your sins" John 8:24.

I would venture to say that saving faith is faith that Jesus is God. Only God can atone for the sins of humanity. There are other scriptures that say, "God was in Christ." Such as 2 Corinthians 5:19. Saving faith is also faith that Jesus victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil.

"And having spoiled (defeated) principalities and powers (Satan) he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

If Jesus had not defeated sin, death and the devil, God would not have accepted Jesus into heaven and we would all still be in our sins and without hope. saving faith believes that Jesus is not only our personal savior, but that he is the savior of the whole world.

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world" 1 John 2:2.

"And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the savior of the world" 1 John 4:14.

To not believe these scriptures is an indication that one does NOT have saving faith. Those that have saving faith believe that the Bible is God's word and they believe it. They have confidence in the scriptures and embrace the scriptures as God's word.

Saving faith is faith that God has accomplished his purpose through Jesus Christ. God's purpose in Jesus Christ was to reconcile us and the world unto himself.

"God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and has committed unto us the word of reconciliation" (the Gospel) 2 Corinthians 5:19.

This was God's purpose in Jesus Christ. Jesus has victoriously reconciled us and the world unto God. This is why Paul wrote, "And you are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

Those that have saving faith rest and believe that they have been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ. They rest and embrace that fact.

"For he that has entered into his rest, he also has ceased from his own works as God did from his" Hebrews 4:10.

Since all of the work of salvation has been accomplished by Jesus Christ there is nothing left for us to do but to believe and have faith in his work of salvation. This is what Paul meant when he said, "The Just Shall Live By Faith" Romans 1:17.

Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10. They didn't have any faith, in fact they hated God!

Robert Pate

Banned
Those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are enemies Rom 5:10. They didn't have any faith, in fact they hated God!

The Bible refutes you.

Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Jesus has reconciled the whole world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Salvation has been provided for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.

So that now, "Whosoever that shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" Romans 10:13.

That's right. God does the calling. Men respond :listen: or they fail to respond. John 16:7–11